[3.12] The Fortified Summoner: Dual-Herald MI Champion-New Videos! [Leveling Guide/PoB's Included]

Progress Update:
My character for this build is just lvl 84 and already hitting T14+ maps, all the while still leveling the gems and fleshing out minor kinks - also i didn't even get to change my flasks yet (running aroung with 2 useless mana flasks).
So i would say the build plays quite nicely - just what i wanted for some much needed diversion.

This is my current setup (levelung Codt for the golem atm because i cba to resummon it every 3 minutes)



And a medium cluster jewel that gives 6 passives, minor ones give 10% minion damage and 2% cold res and the notables are - Pure Agony - Invigorating Portents - Jewel Socket.

I'll keep you guys updated should i move into T16+ stuff and the delirium maps.
"
SumoFlorist wrote:
Progress Update:
My character for this build is just lvl 84 and already hitting T14+ maps, all the while still leveling the gems and fleshing out minor kinks - also i didn't even get to change my flasks yet (running aroung with 2 useless mana flasks).
So i would say the build plays quite nicely - just what i wanted for some much needed diversion.

This is my current setup (levelung Codt for the golem atm because i cba to resummon it every 3 minutes)



And a medium cluster jewel that gives 6 passives, minor ones give 10% minion damage and 2% cold res and the notables are - Pure Agony - Invigorating Portents - Jewel Socket.

I'll keep you guys updated should i move into T16+ stuff and the delirium maps.

Thanks for the update! Definitely let us know how the build goes, and glad to see you enjoying it :) . I am farming T16 maps now and about to get my first shot at Sirius for this league, so I'll make some videos this week and post them in the league progress on page 1. Also will post updated PoB: for now looks like Shaper damage in good gear will be between 2-2.5M dps, I am still experimenting with some more extensive cluster jewel variants though, so that might change.
I find that my character is still pretty weak against damage over time effects - most notably fire and poison (probaly due to the bursty nature of our heals).

Please let me now if there is a solution apart from a ring that gives immunity to one or the other while moving... - maybe flask to remove each of the DoT effects ingame..
"
SumoFlorist wrote:
I find that my character is still pretty weak against damage over time effects - most notably fire and poison (probaly due to the bursty nature of our heals).

Please let me now if there is a solution apart from a ring that gives immunity to one or the other while moving... - maybe flask to remove each of the DoT effects ingame..

Agreed really nasty degens are one of the things we need to watch out for. For poison, I run upgraded Soul of Shakari for poison immunity. I am still looking for a "cannot be shocked/ignited while moving" ring; I'm wondering if that affix was removed as I don't see a single one on live atm. For now, I have 3 non-unique flask and I have bleed, ignite, and freeze immunity on them. Endgame, you want the multimod "cannot be chilled/frozen" on boots, as well as the "cannot be ignited" corruption implicit on ring. You can also get a really good "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corruption on gems; especially helpful for the Sirius encounter.
Edit: and of course, i'll give a shout out to Cracienn's Carapace for the complete bleed immunity+tons of sweet sweet armor. If you implement all this you will have immunity to freeze, chill, ignite, poison, and bleeding, and be running 80-90% physical damage reduction!

I also strongly recommend running both of these as they work really well together:

Forbidden taste will pop you up to full health regardless of what is going on, and blood of karui will help keep you topped against the degen, with another full heal at the end. Extremely potent combination!

Beyond that; the best advice I can give is keep moving, and especially when things get hectic with big pulls try to hop between rares/uniques, circling around them in a tight orbit. This will maximize your HoP procs which is both the largest part of our damage, and insane health recovery, while keeping you mobile and a harder target to get zero'd in on. I hope this helps! I'll post some high tier maps this weekend for reference.
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Apr 3, 2020, 10:07:39 PM
New update out; check the top of the guide for mapping videos, as well as my first ever simulacrum run!
Im really fascinated by this build and how it interacts with lens and MI etc, very clever :)

I play mostly hardcore, so I looked at the opportunity to run Glad/Necro Ascendant for the added block from Glad and potential bone offering from necro, and then run Fortify in a Vigilant Strike setup with the Vigil jewel around Templar.

I ran it through the PoB(very rough run through though) and the damage seems fairly comparable, albeit a bit lower cus of the damage taken that you lose from Champion, but with almost 40 block / spell block to compensate, and a bit of dmg/aoe from the Necro scion.

There a few other QoL thing i lose, especially the Vigil thing which can be annoying, and some loss on the life on hit with claw, seeing i dont have Cant be Evaded - but perhaps I can find a way to add some accuracy on the gear to make up for it a litlte bit, so it wont be too noticable.

I just really want to 40 block / spell block, so some things have to go i guess!

Either way just wanted to give you props on a very cool concept! :)
Last edited by Kochelicious on Apr 7, 2020, 5:29:19 PM
"
Kochelicious wrote:
Im really fascinated by this build and how it interacts with lens and MI etc, very clever :)

I play mostly hardcore, so I looked at the opportunity to run Glad/Necro Ascendant for the added block from Glad and potential bone offering from necro, and then run Fortify in a Vigilant Strike setup with the Vigil jewel around Templar.

I ran it through the PoB(very rough run through though) and the damage seems fairly comparable, albeit a bit lower cus of the damage taken that you lose from Champion, but with almost 40 block / spell block to compensate, and a bit of dmg/aoe from the Necro scion.

There a few other QoL thing i lose, especially the Vigil thing which can be annoying, and some loss on the life on hit with claw, seeing i dont have Cant be Evaded - but perhaps I can find a way to add some accuracy on the gear to make up for it a litlte bit, so it wont be too noticable.

I just really want to 40 block / spell block, so some things have to go i guess!

Either way just wanted to give you props on a very cool concept! :)
Thanks for the interest! I hope it triggers your own creative juices for your build :)

I get a lot of skepticism about the shield, and it's really inconvenient to path all the way over to necrotic aegis, but honestly it's the single most important piece in this build. I've tried various versions without but not only do you loose the regeneration from your MI detonations, but you end up capping on HoP minions and resetting their health, which is a huge damage loss.

Good luck in your build, and hop in to share your progress/pob if you want, i'm really interested to see how you pull off adapting it with the block %.
Really like the thought put into these different skills and mechanics, well done.

Was wondering if you think it's viable to roll this build into a raider and instead of armor rely on evasion and dodge? Playing around with your POB I seem to manage a slight damage increase at the cost of roughly 500 life. Choosing avatar of the veil for increased defenses and debuffing enemies, avatar of slaughter for additional defenses.

While Ive been playing this game for awhile Im a rather casual player, so perhaps Im missing something big or misjudging something the armor and/or Champion brings to the table. Would appreciate the advice! :)

Edit: POB I quickly assembled: https://pastebin.com/h7qfBV1m
Last edited by _Lilith_ on Apr 13, 2020, 11:27:00 AM
"
_Lilith_ wrote:
Really like the thought put into these different skills and mechanics, well done.

Was wondering if you think it's viable to roll this build into a raider and instead of armor rely on evasion and dodge? Playing around with your POB I seem to manage a slight damage increase at the cost of roughly 500 life. Choosing avatar of the veil for increased defenses and debuffing enemies, avatar of slaughter for additional defenses.

While Ive been playing this game for awhile Im a rather casual player, so perhaps Im missing something big or misjudging something the armor and/or Champion brings to the table. Would appreciate the advice! :)

Edit: POB I quickly assembled: https://pastebin.com/h7qfBV1m

First off, sorry it took me so long to respond back to you! Very interesting idea adapting it to evasion/dodge instead of armor. The PoB looks reasonable at least at first glance, but I'll take some time to go over it in more detail to see where you might be able to min/max.

The most pressing concern I would have is that if you plan to rely on phasing+avatar, because we rarely kill anything ourselves you will have to rely on phasing through Onslaught from rare/unique hits. Effectively this means you will have reduced defense when mapping and fighting packs that don't have rare mobs. Depending on how key to your defense phasing is, that might be an issue.

Like I said I'll see what I can do to min/max the tree a bit in the next couple days; intriguing idea!
"
"
_Lilith_ wrote:
Really like the thought put into these different skills and mechanics, well done.

Was wondering if you think it's viable to roll this build into a raider and instead of armor rely on evasion and dodge? Playing around with your POB I seem to manage a slight damage increase at the cost of roughly 500 life. Choosing avatar of the veil for increased defenses and debuffing enemies, avatar of slaughter for additional defenses.

While Ive been playing this game for awhile Im a rather casual player, so perhaps Im missing something big or misjudging something the armor and/or Champion brings to the table. Would appreciate the advice! :)

Edit: POB I quickly assembled: https://pastebin.com/h7qfBV1m

First off, sorry it took me so long to respond back to you! Very interesting idea adapting it to evasion/dodge instead of armor. The PoB looks reasonable at least at first glance, but I'll take some time to go over it in more detail to see where you might be able to min/max.

The most pressing concern I would have is that if you plan to rely on phasing+avatar, because we rarely kill anything ourselves you will have to rely on phasing through Onslaught from rare/unique hits. Effectively this means you will have reduced defense when mapping and fighting packs that don't have rare mobs. Depending on how key to your defense phasing is, that might be an issue.

Like I said I'll see what I can do to min/max the tree a bit in the next couple days; intriguing idea!


No problem, I couldn't resist to try anyways so I've started already! Only level 43 but so far a breeze. Don't spend too much time checking the POB tree, I've really just rerouted and added some + minion damage/life and put some points in blind near the evasion, also got the jewel cluster on top but that'd mean 'losing' 2 passives to get to it.

Thanks for the heads up about the Onslaught, I'll see how it goes, worst case scenario Id need to use a flask to sustain it I guess... Alternatively I could try and incorporate frenzy charges in the build to ensuring Phasing at max charges, will have to see if and which is needed :)

Thanks again for your time and thoughts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info