[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
Maelstromicus wrote:
As promised, here's a link to how I have this working in Standard as at 3.11. I can confirm that I use it to clear all end game content there and it's not too bad. I seldom have to pot too much and it's pleasant to play still compared to a lot of other builds.

https://pastebin.com/iS6yqKuM

Obviously, remember this is in STANDARD... Although I expect you could tailor it a wee bit for the league.

I don't know if this will help anyone out or not, but there's no point in asking me any questions about how this would work in the league, as I'm not actively partaking in the farmfest. I may make one test toon in it once it has settled down just out of curiosity, but the mini game has zero interest for me.

P.S. Please ignore the items in the shared items list (if they appear), I was testing some things out on other builds.

Your PoB looks very good, gonna try that. Thank you man! :)
"
lampicka95 wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
As promised, here's a link to how I have this working in Standard as at 3.11. I can confirm that I use it to clear all end game content there and it's not too bad. I seldom have to pot too much and it's pleasant to play still compared to a lot of other builds.

Obviously, remember this is in STANDARD... Although I expect you could tailor it a wee bit for the league.

I don't know if this will help anyone out or not, but there's no point in asking me any questions about how this would work in the league, as I'm not actively partaking in the farmfest. I may make one test toon in it once it has settled down just out of curiosity, but the mini game has zero interest for me.

P.S. Please ignore the items in the shared items list (if they appear), I was testing some things out on other builds.

Your PoB looks very good, gonna try that. Thank you man! :)

Oh, no problem. Once again, sorry I can't optimise it for 3.11 League.

P.S. I've been playing around in Std on a spare 98 Necro with the current "flavour of the league" SS VD. I wanted to see if it was comparable to our somewhat nerfed build in here. I gave myself a budget of about 20Ex to make up the build aside from all the goodies i had laying around. I also had 2 pre-nerf higher mana reduction rings to use.

My personal opinion on it: I can see how tempting it is for levelling and low level map clearing. Against Bosses, I think it is severely over hyped. The fact that streamers pushed it so hard as end game viable, I find perplexing - maybe there's an agenda to that I don't know about?

The Nerf to Shakiri Pantheon in 3.11 for Life based non CI builds imho is almost game breaking at end game, at least it is for me. There's so much hidden poison and Chaos damage floating around. We have it in Sirus, in Red juiced maps, and also with the snakey influence boss. I have tried with many PoB hours of tinkering to make a CI equivalent, but it just doesn't get high enough ES + Leech, defences, etc to make it viable for end game.

Prior to this inexplicable (once again) nerf to the pantheon, I could make do with non CI builds, I wouldn't want to chance it now.

So... IF I were to be starting out this league, I might have been tempted to make one of these flash bang screen clearing Necro's, but I think I would very quickly get fed up with the deaths due to Chaos and Poisons. Compared to our trusty HoA with his wonderful CI, I'd opt for the slightly slower clear speed but more reliable defences. Either that or I'd make one of these SS VD's cheapy and simply run it to low level maps to grind currency, then make a second "proper" one of our favourite ES Mana Guards to do the league properly.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Maelstromicus wrote:

Hi thanks for making a 3.11 POB. I was wondering why Prismatic Heart on the large cluster jewel instead of Scintillating Idea? Does the 30% increased elemental damage affect our HoAG?
I skipped last league, I loved everything about this build in 3.9. I want something like this again, the question is how bad it is after all these nerfs and changes? Does it still hold up well against all bosses? How is delve since they removed the abuse of soul catcher and also nerfed Vaal Molten Shell? Or does someone has another suggestion of a build that comes close to it in 3.11.

"
limmmm wrote:

Hi thanks for making a 3.11 POB. I was wondering why Prismatic Heart on the large cluster jewel instead of Scintillating Idea? Does the 30% increased elemental damage affect our HoAG?

I will answer this one question only. I personally used Prism Heart as a quick and easy source of extra Resists last league, remembering that at A8 with map mods you can lose 40+% off your resists so you need to aim for well over 40% over max if possible. A T16 map with "reduced resists" means that you need around 120+ on resists... Due to the insanely stupid nerfs this league, I wasn't going to re-roll any clusters in Standard that were remotely usable.

Once again, this is NOT a LEAGUE POB, it is the PoB of what I am using in STANDARD. It is an adaptation of what I was using in Delirium and that gear. It is NOT a "roll this way" guide, or any form of guide whatsoever. It is an EXAMPLE and a base to work from if it helps.

Therefore, to use it on re-rolled gear or in the current league you would have to recalculate the differences and adapt it yourself.

I will NOT be answering questions on it, or explaining how I made things work as it is all using what is now, in effect, LEGACY gear due to crafting & gear nerfs. Someone simply asked how things were adapted for 3.11 and this is how I adapted in Standard using what I had and avoiding re-rolling to get the nerfed rolls. Info on the mechanics of the build is contained in vast amounts in this thread, so if anyone has questions, they need to read through the many pages.
I loved Path of Exile.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
limmmm wrote:

I will answer this one question only. I personally used Prism Heart as a quick and easy source of extra Resists last league, remembering that at A8 with map mods you can lose 40+% off your resists so you need to aim for well over 40% over max if possible. A T16 map with "reduced resists" means that you need around 120+ on resists... Due to the insanely stupid nerfs this league, I wasn't going to re-roll any clusters in Standard that were remotely usable.

Once again, this is NOT a LEAGUE POB, it is the PoB of what I am using in STANDARD. It is an adaptation of what I was using in Delirium and that gear. It is NOT a "roll this way" guide, or any form of guide whatsoever. It is an EXAMPLE and a base to work from if it helps.

Therefore, to use it on re-rolled gear or in the current league you would have to recalculate the differences and adapt it yourself.

I will NOT be answering questions on it, or explaining how I made things work as it is all using what is now, in effect, LEGACY gear due to crafting & gear nerfs. Someone simply asked how things were adapted for 3.11 and this is how I adapted in Standard using what I had and avoiding re-rolling to get the nerfed rolls. Info on the mechanics of the build is contained in vast amounts in this thread, so if anyone has questions, they need to read through the many pages.

Thanks for answering, much appreciated. I'm skipping the harvest league and playing in standard too with legacy gear.
Is it necessary to buy large cluster jewel with 3 passive skills or can I can buy one with only 2? I wanted to try it in POB but it always shows 3 passive skills.

Nevermind, looks like I will lose points using LCJ with 2 passive skills. I must say it's kinda hard to find correct jewels in order to get Vengeful Commander and Prismatic Heard on right positions.
Last edited by lampicka95 on Jun 26, 2020, 2:07:05 PM
"
lampicka95 wrote:
Is it necessary to buy large cluster jewel with 3 passive skills or can I can buy one with only 2? I wanted to try it in POB but it always shows 3 passive skills.

Nevermind, looks like I will lose points using LCJ with 2 passive skills. I must say it's kinda hard to find correct jewels in order to get Vengeful Commander and Prismatic Heard on right positions.

Just wait with that when GGG buffs Large and medium Cluster Jewels (hopefully this week). I also tried to craft some and failed badly just using one badly one for now to see how i can build and skill further :)

Trying to adapt to Maelstromicus Build that he made in Standard (because i loved that build in delirium) and that Thread of Hope Jewel Idea is really neat <3
"
Anena wrote:

Just wait with that when GGG buffs Large and medium Cluster Jewels (hopefully this week). I also tried to craft some and failed badly just using one badly one for now to see how i can build and skill further :)

Trying to adapt to Maelstromicus Build that he made in Standard (because i loved that build in delirium) and that Thread of Hope Jewel Idea is really neat <3

Yeah, hopefully they also re-adjust the weightings of the mods at the same time, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I have no idea who approved the initial nerf, it was stupid to say the least. They introduce clusters, tell us that it's an alternate way to use your skill tree, get everyone hooked on them, and then go and make them unusable - complete madness.

I posted up my build in the hopes that it would help. I'm not a "hardcore" players, but I do play a LOT. However, like us mere mortals, I also get crappy RNG, and the most I typically make in a league is anywhere between 5-20 Ex including gear. So, I wanted to show that you could make something that wasn't "streamer priced", and also that this build philosophy was highly customisable.

Once you get your head properly around the mechanics of how the build works, it's possible to adapt it to whatever gear/currency you find.

As I said before in a post a long time ago though, this has never imho been one of those "copy/paste" builds. It requires some hours in PoB, lots of reading, and a fair amount of self theory crafting. However, I can honestly say that it's the most enjoyable build I've played in Path of RNG in my years of playing, despite all the nerf knocks it's taken.

P.S. I unashamedly stole the Thread of Hope idea from someone on Reddit, and simply incorporated it into my version. Credit has to go to the OP on Reddit.
I loved Path of Exile.
Well, decided to go again for this build, quiet curious how it will work out with the base tree of the old league and adapting it for the new one on my own. I hope that at least some will be active here to discuss stuff :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info