Why are we fixing? bows???? When wands have not gotten any form work in Years?

I think you're using the word "fixing" wrong. GGG doesn't fix gear/skills/builds they alter them to create a new meta.
It is obvious. Because their new mtx is bow skills!! What else??
"
cjimaras wrote:
It is obvious. Because their new mtx is bow skills!! What else??

Finally, celestial tornado shot.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just another example of people misreading or purposefully misunderstanding GGG to hyperbole something into eternity.

Move on. Nothing to see here.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
i think they should just make most bow skills work with wands. probably leave stuff like caustic arrow but most of the stuff like lightning arrow, ice shot, yada yada yada... just make them all projectile attacks, replace all the arrow wording with 'shot'. wands are too niche a design space to kind much into, just merge the skill selections and it takes care of itself, you balance the power with passives, done.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Oct 18, 2019, 10:44:30 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
i think they should just make most bow skills work with wands. probably leave stuff like caustic arrow but most of the stuff like lightning arrow, ice shot, yada yada yada... just make them all projectile attacks, replace all the arrow wording with 'shot'. wands are too niche a design space to kind much into, just merge the skill selections and it takes care of itself, you balance the power with passives, done.

That is a terribly reductive idea. Why reduce wands to a type of bow build with shields? GGG should do something with wands or just remove them, plenty of players play wands though so they should at least have something new to try.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
remove them... reductive ideas...

i think the term is increase wands to a type of bow build with a shield.

my idea isnt reductive, its realistic. wands are too niche for ggg to pump the effort into making a ton of skills for, the last 6 years have proven that a fact. theres very few mono weapon skills because its too limited an appeal. they make skills that work with daggers and claws, or daggers claws and swords. they dont put a lot of time into making skills purely for daggers then purely for claws etc.

if projectile attack weapons shared skills the way melee weapons share skills and casters share skills then wands would get more new skills, and so would bows, because it would be more worth while creating skills and supports for them, the development time would result in more content because of the increase in potential builds that could be made with that skill.

that is a fact, and the idea to make that adjustment is realistic, its practical, it can be done and will result in wands being better. they will not remove them and they will not do something to them to make them as full and interesting an option as any other weapon type because unlike the other weapons outside of bows they do not share a design space with other weapons and unlike bows they are not the core of their stat alignments role in the game.
I quite like the idea of using most bow skills with wands it isn't really reductive.

Melee weapons got broadened at some point so we could use more skills with different weps it'd be a nice way to get a few more builds out of existing skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info