Why are we fixing? bows???? When wands have not gotten any form work in Years?

Am just saying Bows are and always have been in a good place.
But Wands are the Weird Worse option in every way with like 2 builds neither actually using a Wand skill but Tacked on CoC and/or Bow skills???

I am your Devine one Bow before me
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2019, 10:22:09 AM
you have no idea what their ideas entail. could be a rework in the NEGATIVE light, as in nerfing it overall. who the hell knows?

just getting reworked. calm down
I am guessing it's a lack of time since they need to crank out 3-4 more leagues while simultaneously working on 4.0.0.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Mhh.. with a little luck some of the new/reworked bow skills also work with wands. This way we would get at least a little QoL improvement.
Let's pray for this!
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Wands are fine. You get to be ranged with a shield, and the dps holds up. They just need their own dedicated movement skill. The real reason why people feel bad about wands is the relative paucity of skills to play Wander with - it's been ages since a new wand skill came out and so people are thoroughly bored with the few we've got. Also, maybe make them easier to craft for attack builds.

Then again, I think bows are fine too, so whatevs.

Really, I'd be more intrigued by a rework to Conversion Trap, Punishment, Animate Weapon and other such truly dead skills. Reworking bows is likely just gonna either make the state of Tornado Shot even dumber than it already is, or replace it with a new even more dumb skill.

But I would like one change - heavily reduce the max projectile distance to 1 and a quarter, or at most 1 and a half, screens. For all projectiles - arrows, wand shots, spells, etc. For both players and monsters. Kill off-screening once and for all. Now come at me, haters! ;)
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 15, 2019, 5:11:18 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I am guessing it's a lack of time since they need to crank out 3-4 more leagues while simultaneously working on 4.0.0.

Except they don't need to, really. Would most people honestly get angry if they shut down for 6 months after all they've done, so they could flex on the world with a well designed league? I doubt it.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Except they don't need to, really. Would most people honestly get angry if they shut down for 6 months after all they've done, so they could flex on the world with a well designed league? I doubt it.

Yes. Yes they would. Content locusts are never satisfied, and the people who'd gladly tolerate - or even celebrate - a slower release cadence are outnumbered by people who already think three months is too long. Grinding Gear's own numbers say so, or they'd have adjusted their release cadence.

As for the original topic:

It is indeed high bloody time wands got more than four-odd skills. Mechanically wand builds are fine, but as a wander you can play Barrage, Barrage + Kinetic Blast, or Elemental Hit. That's...pretty much it as I recall. Yes, Frenzy works with wands, but Frenzy is not and never will be Main Skill-worthy. Would be interesting to see what sort of interesting skills could be built with the idea of a wand that projects magical force rather than firing a physical arrow.
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
Wands are fine. You get to be ranged with a shield, and the dps holds up. They just need their own dedicated movement skill. The real reason why people feel bad about wands is the relative paucity of skills to play Wander with - it's been ages since a new wand skill came out and so people are thoroughly bored with the few we've got. Also, maybe make them easier to craft for attack builds.

Then again, I think bows are fine too, so whatevs.

Really, I'd be more intrigued by a rework to Conversion Trap, Punishment, Animate Weapon and other such truly dead skills. Reworking bows is likely just gonna either make the state of Tornado Shot even dumber than it already is, or replace it with a new even more dumb skill.

But I would like one change - heavily reduce the max projectile distance to 1 and a quarter, or at most 1 and a half, screens. For all projectiles - arrows, wand shots, spells, etc. For both players and monsters. Kill off-screening once and for all. Now come at me, haters! ;)

Now that you can use Shield Charge with Wands, they are in a better place imho.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Rework = Destroy Tornado shot and double the damage of other bow skills.
Rework probably means balancing bow skills down to the level of melee namelock skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info