Why are we fixing? bows???? When wands have not gotten any form work in Years?

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
I am guessing it's a lack of time since they need to crank out 3-4 more leagues while simultaneously working on 4.0.0.

Except they don't need to, really. Would most people honestly get angry if they shut down for 6 months after all they've done, so they could flex on the world with a well designed league? I doubt it.

Would people get angry? Probably not, especially if they took that time to steadily improve the core game (that means continuous patches mind, not the promise of one 6 months later). However, people would drift away. That's the thing - you only see the angry posts. But angry posts aren't the only thing GGG sees, and likely not what they're most scared of. The biggest threat they face is bored players quietly drifting away (not just for a month till the next league, but much longer if not for good). Such players don't make angry posts. Most don't make posts at all. They just leave. You won't see it on these forums, but GGG will in their player numbers and, more importantly, income stream.
"
1453R wrote:
It is indeed high bloody time wands got more than four-odd skills. Mechanically wand builds are fine, but as a wander you can play Barrage, Barrage + Kinetic Blast, or Elemental Hit. That's...pretty much it as I recall. Yes, Frenzy works with wands, but Frenzy is not and never will be Main Skill-worthy. Would be interesting to see what sort of interesting skills could be built with the idea of a wand that projects magical force rather than firing a physical arrow.

Poor Power Siphon. Can't even be remembered in the same breath as even Frenzy. And it even got a rework recently too...:'(
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 16, 2019, 1:57:15 AM
"
DoubleU wrote:
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
Wands are fine. You get to be ranged with a shield, and the dps holds up. They just need their own dedicated movement skill. The real reason why people feel bad about wands is the relative paucity of skills to play Wander with - it's been ages since a new wand skill came out and so people are thoroughly bored with the few we've got. Also, maybe make them easier to craft for attack builds.

Then again, I think bows are fine too, so whatevs.

Really, I'd be more intrigued by a rework to Conversion Trap, Punishment, Animate Weapon and other such truly dead skills. Reworking bows is likely just gonna either make the state of Tornado Shot even dumber than it already is, or replace it with a new even more dumb skill.

But I would like one change - heavily reduce the max projectile distance to 1 and a quarter, or at most 1 and a half, screens. For all projectiles - arrows, wand shots, spells, etc. For both players and monsters. Kill off-screening once and for all. Now come at me, haters! ;)

Now that you can use Shield Charge with Wands, they are in a better place imho.

Shield Charge is nice. But I'd still like something I can cross chasms and jump up and down cliffs with (without having a second travel skill). Plus if it works for wanders, it'll work for spellcasters with wands too. Or, well, they could just give up their stubborn refusal to not let Lightning Warp be the teleport skill we all know it can be. That'd work too.
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 16, 2019, 2:01:35 AM
"
shadopaw wrote:
Am just saying Bows are and always have been in a good place.
But Wands are the Weird Worse option in every way with like 2 builds neither actually using a Wand skill but Tacked on CoC and/or Bow skills???

with the coming bow skills being limited to the screen, bows will get a hard nerf. Don't expect too many buffs. And wands? what are wands? :D
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
Exile009 wrote:
they could just give up their stubborn refusal to not let Lightning Warp be the teleport skill we all know it can be. That'd work too.

Make LW great.
I wish.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Oct 16, 2019, 8:48:58 AM
Double Post
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Oct 16, 2019, 8:49:12 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
It is indeed high bloody time wands got more than four-odd skills. Mechanically wand builds are fine, but as a wander you can play Barrage, Barrage + Kinetic Blast, or Elemental Hit. That's...pretty much it as I recall. Yes, Frenzy works with wands, but Frenzy is not and never will be Main Skill-worthy. Would be interesting to see what sort of interesting skills could be built with the idea of a wand that projects magical force rather than firing a physical arrow.

Poor Power Siphon. Can't even be remembered in the same breath as even Frenzy. And it even got a rework recently too...:'(

Power Siphon is hot AF, such a good feeling skill. Problem is passive location for wands is bad for attack builds, bad life nodes, practically no defence nodes.

If ES could still reach 12-15k you could make a super legit wander at the moment but the gimped values just make you a bad life bow character.
"
Exile009 wrote:

Shield Charge is nice. But I'd still like something I can cross chasms and jump up and down cliffs with (without having a second travel skill). Plus if it works for wanders, it'll work for spellcasters with wands too. Or, well, they could just give up their stubborn refusal to not let Lightning Warp be the teleport skill we all know it can be. That'd work too.

Like flamedash? Or would you want it to be a melee skill that you can then use to proc fortify?
There are good movement skills for wanders. Shield charge, Phase Run, Flame Dash and best of all Smoke Mine. In fact Smoke Mine is now one of the better movement skills in game.

Power Siphon is unfairly ignored as a wand skill mainly because it doesn't have the stupid AoE of Kinetic Blast. But unlike that skill it is versatile, and does so much more that Kinetic Blast what with free GMP, Culling and power charge generation.

Wand builds nowadays don't even need to pick up the wand passives to work they can path almost anywhere.

I just wish there was a new wand bases, like the GGG have done with daggers divided them into generic Daggers and Rune Daggers, the former unable to roll caster mods. So I'd like to see generic wands just so we can craft attack wands easier.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Last edited by AbilityPoints on Oct 17, 2019, 11:26:13 AM
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
There are good movement skills for wanders. Shield charge, Phase Run, Flame Dash and best of all Smoke Mine. In fact Smoke Mine is now one of the better movement skills in game.

Power Siphon is unfairly ignored as a wand skill mainly because it doesn't have the stupid AoE of Kinetic Blast. But unlike that skill it is versatile, and does so much more that Kinetic Blast what with free GMP, Culling and power charge generation.

Wand builds nowadays don't even need to pick up the wand passives to work they can path almost anywhere.

I just wish there was a new wand bases, like the GGG have done with daggers divided them into generic Daggers and Rune Daggers, the former unable to roll caster mods. So I'd like to see generic wands just so we can craft attack wands easier.

They gave us convoking wands. For minions.

As much as I like the wand-ing playstyle, having wands that can't roll spell mods is just about the most antithematic thing I can imagine.
Last edited by codetaku on Oct 17, 2019, 12:17:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info