[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

hey guys really like the build so far, but have a noob question. is there an easier way to solve the light radius problem than spending a skill point on arcane vision in the tree?
"
hellofamouse wrote:
hey guys really like the build so far, but have a noob question. is there an easier way to solve the light radius problem than spending a skill point on arcane vision in the tree?

Craft bench this mod in ring.
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
Last edited by BzyxXx on May 5, 2021, 5:07:36 AM
thanks, guess i gotta get rid of the lightning damage i have on that spot
Thank you for your guide, I am having a lot of fun with this light trapper this league. Pretty much killing it so far. One thing I don't understand is why would you anoint Master Sapper when this is a max shield block build and Command of Steel will give 75% damage increase. Excuse me if I miss something or if this point was raised previously.
"
DanKoloff wrote:
Thank you for your guide, I am having a lot of fun with this light trapper this league. Pretty much killing it so far. One thing I don't understand is why would you anoint Master Sapper when this is a max shield block build and Command of Steel will give 75% damage increase. Excuse me if I miss something or if this point was raised previously.

Hey mate,

The easiest answer is to check your POB and in the calc settings remove your frenzy charges and then remove sapper after. All in all, master sapper wins out by a significant amount. On paper command of steel sounds great, but it's an "increase" and it cannot compete with frenzy charge generation and the sapper stats. :) But you can always check this by just replacing Sapper with Command in the guide POB and then remember to disable frenzy charges in the calc settings and notice how much DPS you lose out on.
Do you have any recommendations for leveling gear, and what to use? Tnx
"
3eko wrote:
Do you have any recommendations for leveling gear, and what to use? Tnx

Generally the "same" as always, aka goldrim, tabula and a 2-abyss jewel belt with lowbie jewels that require no level -- If you're already established in the league.

Some specific items that are strong with Ltrap are examples like:
(we don't use cast speed for anything but flame dash)

If you're not established in the league already and starting out today, feel free to PM me in-game and you can have these 3 items.
Last edited by oestergreen on May 5, 2021, 8:05:11 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

Hey mate,

The easiest answer is to check your POB and in the calc settings remove your frenzy charges and then remove sapper after. All in all, master sapper wins out by a significant amount. On paper command of steel sounds great, but it's an "increase" and it cannot compete with frenzy charge generation and the sapper stats. :) But you can always check this by just replacing Sapper with Command in the guide POB and then remember to disable frenzy charges in the calc settings and notice how much DPS you lose out on.

Then I wonder how good the POB calculator is. Maybe it takes into account the trigger area and the extra traps, which doesn't seem like huge damage contributors in real scenarios. Also frenzy gives attack speed and cast speed which are huge waste, maybe they are calculated too. But the flat damage calculation is 30% trap damage + 12% damage from 3 Frenzy charges = 42%. Seems a lot less compared to the 75% from the Command of Steel. It is even less before you get the Frenzy charges. If I find a good amulet I will test a bit more "empirically".
Last edited by DanKoloff on May 5, 2021, 8:10:59 AM
"

Hi Vanstar
The reason Maligaro's restraint doesn't work is because it is a "you" trigger and we don't do anything, the traps do everything. Traps kill and skitterbots shock.

Thank you! All clear!
Last edited by Vanstar on May 5, 2021, 8:34:23 AM
"
DanKoloff wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Hey mate,

Then I wonder how good the POB calculator is. Maybe it takes into account the trigger area and the extra traps, which doesn't seem like huge damage contributors in real scenarios. Also frenzy gives attack speed and cast speed which are huge waste, maybe they are calculated too. But the flat damage calculation is 30% trap damage + 12% damage from 3 Frenzy charges = 42%. Seems a lot less compared to the 75% from the Command of Steel. It is even less before you get the Frenzy charges. If I find a good amulet I will test a bit more "empirically".

You have to look up the huge difference of MORE vs INCREASE.
Frenzy charges has a more multiplier.

MORE is completely different from "increase" in POE, I can only tell you to look it up in a YT because that'll be much easier than me explaining it.

tldr, cast speed/att speed are dead stats, but frenzy's more multiplier is still far stronger for us than the 75% increase CoS offers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info