[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

i have a stupid question, but how does block work against projectiles?
during ults with the dudes with iceshot, it seems i eat every arrow to the face and my block does nothing to really mitigate it. im not quite at max block with phys, but its pretty close and thought it would do more for me, but i feel naked during ults with those guys
"
poe_shniggies wrote:
"
Vanstar wrote:
First, thanks for the build! Always try to find a trap build and I believe this is it!

I do have one question though, do we easily shock our enemy with this build (assuming I don't use elemental focus)? I ask because I try to take advantage of Maligaro's Restraint plus Replica Winterheart, then found out it seems I never get the benefit since I don't really shock any enemy to trigger the reflect. Do I miss anything?

Thanks for any inputs and sorry for the noob question, I know I might miss some very obvious facts there..

shock comes from skitterbots i believe

Yea that makes sense. I just tried remove skitterbots, still no shock. I thought lightning trap itself will give 20% shock, I also use Conductivity as the curse to test, still no shock. I must miss something lol
sometimes the annul just works

did prefixes cannot be changed and annuled off the 17 int, aisling have me 2 veiled mods, unveiled int and quality and i removed the other one so i could triple balance my res
"
serares wrote:
I want to say `thank you` for this wonderful and funny to play build.
With a slightly adjusted skilltree and alternative jewels i`ve managed to get max spell- and blockchance w/o any flasks, to fit my average playskill at bosses.
A blue nightmare in the templar area, two points to holy dominion and tempest shield on the trigger wand:
recovery es/mana on the shield shows their full potential.

My damage reaches just 1/3 of that one shows in the pob, but I barely die at standard endgame, which is nice on the way to lvl 100.

This is great mate:) Just some days ago I was showing an experimental variation of the build that used endurance charges etc and was even more tanky, but at the cost of damage as well. I went back to the original build, but it was still fun to test:) Feel free to come back and give more feedback when you've been trying it out some more!

Hf

"
Vanstar wrote:
First, thanks for the build! Always try to find a trap build and I believe this is it!

I do have one question though, do we easily shock our enemy with this build (assuming I don't use elemental focus)? I ask because I try to take advantage of Maligaro's Restraint plus Replica Winterheart, then found out it seems I never get the benefit since I don't really shock any enemy to trigger the reflect. Do I miss anything?

Thanks for any inputs and sorry for the noob question, I know I might miss some very obvious facts there..

Hi Vanstar
The reason Maligaro's restraint doesn't work is because it is a "you" trigger and we don't do anything, the traps do everything. Traps kill and skitterbots shock.
Last edited by oestergreen on May 4, 2021, 10:05:03 PM
Do you have any recommendations for leveling gear, and what to use? Tnx
"
sometimes the annul just works

did prefixes cannot be changed and annuled off the 17 int, aisling have me 2 veiled mods, unveiled int and quality and i removed the other one so i could triple balance my res

does harvest still ignore metamods? wouldn't prefix cannot be changed get ignored with reforge defense?
is aisling the new harvest?
Hi Oestergreen, is there some easy way to get the helmet to have 4 blue sockets?

Thanks!
"
jHawk_MC wrote:
Hi Oestergreen, is there some easy way to get the helmet to have 4 blue sockets?

Thanks!

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Or if you don't trust random links just search on google "Vorici chromatic calculator"
Last edited by Unstablix on May 4, 2021, 7:55:54 PM
Hey oestergreen - Thanks for answering some questions on stream last night it's appreciated! - (h00x)

Here is my gear so far - I know I need a better weapon - currently looking for one to buy or I'm going to look at crafting one if I cannot find one to buy.

Also I know I need to get my gems leveled up here and there - Awakened gems etc.

Gear

Spoiler

Is there any items I should be looking at replacing to upping my damage? POB (https://pastebin.com/ZX1RPC8Y) say's I'm currently around 750k.

I'm assuming I've got some missing damage / critical strike / spell damage somewhere what I can get on items in places.

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by BruceyB_ on May 4, 2021, 8:00:21 PM
"
jHawk_MC wrote:

Thanks!

Tomorrow (later today, as its 3am here;P) i'll stream during EU daytime some hours, come by and i'll show you how to fix the helm - or alternatively you can try google/youtube "poe jeweler socket coloring".
If not, np though, I can show it on-stream (p.s. you need 3 red somewhere, so the helm is good for those 3 red). :)

"
BruceyB_ wrote:
Hey oestergreen - Thanks for answering some questions on stream last night it's appreciated! - (h00x)

Here is my gear so far - I know I need a better weapon - currently looking for one to buy or I'm going to look at crafting one if I cannot find one to buy.

Also I know I need to get my gems leveled up here and there - Awakened gems etc.

Gear

Spoiler

Is there any items I should be looking at replacing to upping my damage? POB (https://pastebin.com/ZX1RPC8Y) say's I'm currently around 750k.

I'm assuming I've got some missing damage / critical strike / spell damage somewhere what I can get on items in places.
Thanks in advance :)

Yw mate, it's often easier to answer people on-stream than typing a bunch lol.

Your abyss jewels can add a ton of damage, so replacing the left one would be a nice increase in dps. Also, I would sell the shield you have -- it's super nice, but it lacks the crucial "recover es on block" mod. I would totally sell it for a nice profit and invest that into a shield with es-on-block. You don't need the reserve, only move some links around/swap places, so you have 3 auras + lvl 3 enlighten in a 4link (look at my character) - then you don't need a shield with reserve(assuming you have sovereignty in the skill-tree).

Trap throwing speed will make everything feel sooo much smoother and increase your damage considerably as you'll be putting more traps per sec. I'd suggest aiming for it in gloves and a belt:)

As you already said, your weap will be a big big dps increase when you change it to something like mine or similar (flat%, light to spells, multiplier).

Also, i'd go for tempering on your amulet for 200 more ES.

Last edited by oestergreen on May 4, 2021, 9:20:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info