[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Heyho!
I have read through the guide, found it really helpful but I'm just looking for some experiences of people having played this league with vortex.
I am aware that it isnt an insane clearspeed build, I would just like to know, is it difficult to do, for instance blight when it pops up in maps, is it hard to free all the legion mobs in that encounter? Can we get enough rewards from delirium etc?
Everything else was more than answered in the guide I think, really would be fun to level an occultist I think :D
"
Zeeshka wrote:
Does having "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted" on a jewel mean bleed immunity and no need in anti-bleed flask?

No, it only protects from Corrupted Blood-mod, meaning other sources of bleed can still apply to you. Therefore, having a anti bleed flask is still recommended :-)
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
"
Chridian wrote:
Heyho!
I have read through the guide, found it really helpful but I'm just looking for some experiences of people having played this league with vortex.
I am aware that it isnt an insane clearspeed build, I would just like to know, is it difficult to do, for instance blight when it pops up in maps, is it hard to free all the legion mobs in that encounter? Can we get enough rewards from delirium etc?
Everything else was more than answered in the guide I think, really would be fun to level an occultist I think :D

Blight, Similacrums, Legion etc is all very doable. You have Vaal Cold Snap available and that is pretty decent clear. For instance - if a Legion encounter shows up, start it and press Vaal CS to clear it relatively fast. The same goes for Simulacrums, just use it on cooldown and you will have decent clear.
I've never had any problems clearing anything, be it map, bosses, league specific enoucnter etc. That is to say I haven't done high level Blighted maps alone, but that again is more of a group effort.

In general, Vortex is rather nice for clearing Simulacrums/delirium. You don't rely on standign still to deal damage. Meaning you can move past a group of mobs about to spawn in a Delirium-encounter, drop a Vortex and the mobs will die on it when running after you.
"
MindR wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
Heyho!

Blight, Similacrums, Legion etc is all very doable. You have Vaal Cold Snap available and that is pretty decent clear. For instance - if a Legion encounter shows up, start it and press Vaal CS to clear it relatively fast. The same goes for Simulacrums, just use it on cooldown and you will have decent clear.
I've never had any problems clearing anything, be it map, bosses, league specific enoucnter etc. That is to say I haven't done high level Blighted maps alone, but that again is more of a group effort.

In general, Vortex is rather nice for clearing Simulacrums/delirium. You don't rely on standign still to deal damage. Meaning you can move past a group of mobs about to spawn in a Delirium-encounter, drop a Vortex and the mobs will die on it when running after you.

That does sound like my cup of tea, I dont mind not being super fast in clearing, but I do hate leaving legion mobs behind ^^ Agree with what you said about the blighted maps as well, it's more of a group effort.
Welp, I guess I should level this then, I grew tired of my VD necro, it made my game sound stutter and thusly giving me a headache so I could use a change of pace, also have never played occultist actually, really looking forward to it :D
thanks to Mindr helps I now reached lvl 98 and will be running after I do lab triple curse setup, since I purgt this bad boy and slammed spell damage (even it is low)on it

Then I bought a crystal belt and after like 50 dense spamming I got this and think I can work with that or am I wrong?

will use now Chayula after lab, but I have 1 more question, since I am running triplle curse I would like to fit in the curse medium jewels, I have these 2 jewels:

which one should 1 use ?

SInce Unnerving should be a more multiplier I think I definatly go for this culling strike would be good against bossing while hindering should be more suiting for delving correct? Can you help here again?

CHeers!
"
DrizZi wrote:
thanks to Mindr helps I now reached lvl 98 and will be running after I do lab triple curse setup, since I purgt this bad boy and slammed spell damage (even it is low)on it

Then I bought a crystal belt and after like 50 dense spamming I got this and think I can work with that or am I wrong?

will use now Chayula after lab, but I have 1 more question, since I am running triplle curse I would like to fit in the curse medium jewels, I have these 2 jewels:

which one should 1 use ?

SInce Unnerving should be a more multiplier I think I definatly go for this culling strike would be good against bossing while hindering should be more suiting for delving correct? Can you help here again?

CHeers!

Heyy, that's a very nice ring, grats! The belt has up and downsides. The strenght is very handy for example, as we need more than we naturally get to run Blood Magic. Unfortunately, you miss out on the %ES. To compare, using me as an example:

My current belt

I added yours to POB and applied 20% defense quality, putting this in would lose me 502 energy shield. Maybe not too bad, but it's also offering no resists or other extremely helpful stats. You could craft another prefix at it, which should be level 3 Jun armor/es craft. This would decrease the loss to 357 ES, so not too shabby. As long as you can get resists needed elsewhere, I do think that's a useable belt :-)

For the jewels, I would absolutely go with Sol Star, the first one. I can also recommend looking into some Megalomaniacs, see if you can find any with 3 useable mods for you. You could get a useful curse mod, and maybe some damage and defense as well. I really think Megalomaniac (if you find the right one), can be really nice!

This is a search I made for myself for Megalomaniacs, please check over the list and add any curse-related ones that can be useful for you that I don't have added:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/E3eKdYYt5

Edit: Of course, using a megalomaniac would normally require a large with 2 jewel sockets, but that can be done with no DPS loss and increased ES too. I'm looking into getting a large - medium - medium - small setup using a Megalomaniac, if I get some good ones I'll get a 300-500 more ES, and keep the damage I have now.

Last edited by MindR on Apr 23, 2020, 12:34:11 PM
thx again man, played some maps and feels alot different I am not as blasting as before.

Can you really check if bated breath is that bad? I have like 400 Es more with it + the 10% damage + the energy shield recharge rate, it felt alot better with it... strange to say that the 1c item is feeling better then the 6 Ex one... In Consideration should be the +24% to energy shield
which is damage through tranquility aswell...

I went for the jewel you said, i think my main testing setup is running with enfeeble as third curse while switching to ele weakness for bossing.

The Cull was nice at Minotaur, also I was able to facetank him before which I am now strangley not. i think the megas will be the best gem slots if you hit the juicy ones.

I will be testing the 3 Curse setup for like 2 days and then tell my thoughts, still feels strange ^^
Hi guys, first of all i am a returning player, coming back after 3 years or so, never played vortex before, love the playstyle (this is gonna be my spell for the future) i want to push as deep i can with my noob experience . I made public the profile, i made mistakes, i spend hours to fix them,but 3 years far away from this game its a wall! I need your help, no fear! my profile is public, roast me and let me understand what to chance! sorry for my school english.
Regards
Well, you should really quality up your flasks
"
DrizZi wrote:
thx again man, played some maps and feels alot different I am not as blasting as before.

Can you really check if bated breath is that bad? I have like 400 Es more with it + the 10% damage + the energy shield recharge rate, it felt alot better with it... strange to say that the 1c item is feeling better then the 6 Ex one... In Consideration should be the +24% to energy shield
which is damage through tranquility aswell...

I went for the jewel you said, i think my main testing setup is running with enfeeble as third curse while switching to ele weakness for bossing.

The Cull was nice at Minotaur, also I was able to facetank him before which I am now strangley not. i think the megas will be the best gem slots if you hit the juicy ones.

I will be testing the 3 Curse setup for like 2 days and then tell my thoughts, still feels strange ^^

Compared to my belt Bated Breath gives me 0% resistance and 275 less Energy Shield. The damage is a dissapoitning 1.4% dot DPS, so not alot to bring home.
You might want to use it until you roll a belt with %es and decent flat es, at which point it will outdo. The ES from body armor-mod isnt all that great when using a Shavs.
How much ES are you currently sitting at?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info