[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

You can SC with wands now btw.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
Do you think orb of storms is still the best leveling skill for this build even after the nerf?
Orb of storms will be fine for those of us that aren't sub 4 hour Act 10 kills. I could do 4.25 hours without crafting wands. I'm sure the crafted wands will make up for the damage loss in OoS & LS trap.
roselan,

Spoiler
I don't think it actually bypasses personal curse limit. I think I just can use my curses as on-hit instead of tied to life or mana

nikvaro,

Spoiler
I'll be putting finishing touches on the PoB HOPEFULLY tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I cound't get tomorrow morning off, as we have a huge company meeting and I'm the network admin and am required to be there. Should be updated in time. Maybe. Hopefully.

TeModen,

Spoiler
That's an ok way to apply the curses, but it tanks Cold Snap damage and really only leaves us with 1 damaging skill.

m11stlemagic, claudioER, and crzytimes,

Spoiler
OoS barely got touched, I promise. Basically every skill will still be good, and as I mention in the leveling guide, the Act 1 power drop can be totally offset by also grabbing Holy Flame Totem for 1 Wisdom Scroll.

XeroSlayer,

Spoiler
I'll probably end up trying both, but I think that Leap Slam will hit more targets
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
can i replace storm brand with anything else? dont like that skill
"
wsbisev wrote:
can i replace storm brand with anything else? dont like that skill

you aren't casting the skill its being auto-casted but i guess you could use arc?

I'm feeling vortex this league did It back in synth and it feels like a safe starter to pick for cheap gear.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
Last edited by XeroSlayer on Dec 13, 2019, 12:17:34 AM
Is it really that terrible to level with vortex and cold snap when you get the skills? I just like leveling with the skills I will use end game.
"
Jief wrote:
Is it really that terrible to level with vortex and cold snap when you get the skills? I just like leveling with the skills I will use end game.

Vortex has quite a high cooldown on low skill levels, so it does not work well as a leveling spell. More like extra dmg for stationary bosses.
Cold snap would be your main dmg skill then, and it plays like leveling your basic self-cast spellcaster that applies dots+slows (so some kiting around needed), as you lack the insane DPS of endgame that kills stuff instantly with the dots.

It works still nicely imho IF you got time and/or play "normally" - but as most leveling guides are like "what, u can't reach endgame in 6 hours ?!? that's too slow LUL, better use XYZ", I can understand the notion to play something else to get to endgame faster.
Last edited by Shakiko on Dec 13, 2019, 1:28:54 AM
I think i will go with this build as my starter. But never played vortex so I hope I wont get dissapointed. The guide looks amazing, thanks for all the work you put in! I dont care too much about clear speed, but i want to be able to fight every content, so hopefully this will do it :)
Thanks a lot! will start this league with this build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info