[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Is the Curses / Ascendancy nerf hitting the build that hard?
My read is that we’re losing mitigation, skill points and mapping damage (more blooms though).

The loss of malediction is a big blow, and curse effect from ascendancy points plus the loss of curse aura mana reservation efficiency will require skill points being used on innefficient clusters to compensate (if we want the same effect on tree). We’ll see the layout and if there’s some easily obtainable nodes through intuitive leap and co. May actually drop defiance banner, take the new mastery for crit damage and not invest in curse aura mana reservation.

Still very much playable, and more single-target bossing damage. Loss of damage on rare mobs may not hurt so much with NA removal at least.
Last edited by Metropaul on Dec 1, 2022, 5:57:13 PM
Malediction ist now on the skill Tree but just for +1 additional curse the ascendancy point seems not good enough? Maybe we could go on Elementalist?
I really want to play Wintertide Brand as my league start. Eagerly awaiting what folks think about this. I'm hearing whispers that Trickster might be much stronger now?
Thanks for the very detailed guide.
Have you consider making Trickster variant as well?
could you do trickster variant and pro/cons?
Last edited by rezzet on Dec 5, 2022, 2:50:53 PM
phreak is recommending Elementalist and tytykiller is recommending Trickster, have we looked into alternative ascendencies?
livejamie
Hmm... it is interesting if Trickter is worth?
I see a lot of people playing Creeping Frost or some other spell as supplemental skill instead of Wintertide Brand. What are your thoughts on Creeping Frost or some other cold skill to replace Wintertide Brand? Do you still recommend Wintertide Brand going into 3.20 based on what we know with partial patch notes? I'm trying a play through with Wintertide right now and it was smooth to level with but wondering if an alternate would be better once getting into tougher maps. Would switching to another cold skill free up some passive tree points? Another cold skill may also allow for curse on hit enabling Profane Bloom.

What about thoughts on alternative ways to apply curses with the new league? Still recommended to use Bane to apply multiple curses?

i'll try this! thanks for the amazing POB job <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info