[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Low Life survivability is questionable. I've killed Sirus deathless 3-4 times as CI. Moved to Low life and then died about 5 times to Sirus. It's definitely not as tanky as I thought it would be.

i noticed that too...
Blood_Sail and domac,

Why do you think the Low-Life version is less tanky? Obviously there's a loss of some flat ES due to running Shav's over a 550+ ES chest, but the Sirus fight is basically 80% dodgeable mechanics and 20% glitch deaths, neither of which are affacted by raw survivability.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
Elloktrik wrote:
Hello, I wanna try that build and kinda play one character until the end so I wonder if I can spend so much currency to upgrade that build further in DPS/Survival wise? Shortly I wonder if min-maxing/scaling is pretty well with Vortex?

If you check out this guys gear : https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/twking729/syntheticdemon, you can see that the build can be scaled to almost any level of investment. His gear is likely worth at least 1 mirror overall, and his damage is absolutely absurd. It can take everything you throw at it.

yessss, im just follow this guy to improve some of my item compare with the item i see in the guide. Drop a mirror yesterday, so im updgrade all most my item same with him except a wand, but still nearly. Now im melt everything, feel so satisfy ...........

65 ex for this amazing defensive watcher eye, about 25 ex for awakened gem. just balance from damage and survivability.

Last edited by dinhmahung on Jan 1, 2020, 8:52:29 AM
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
Upgraded a bit.
Around 4.3m Shaper DPS on Vortex DOT without "Cold Exposure on Hit", it doesn't seem to work in PoB.

Need to also get couple of lvl21 gems, but too lazy.
Dunno yet if I go for 100, could get me another jewel slot.

9,5k ES. Could hit 10K ES without %ES Clarity jewel, but not good enough gear around on the market.

Still waiting for better gloves to work with.
Waiting for +4 Prism & +4 Shavronne to appear on the market.

Boots and Hubris are self-crafted.
Will most likely swap out boots for something with 200ES+, but need to find or craft something that has double res. Need to work something out between boots/gloves/elder ring to break 10k ES.

Also trying to craft +1 cold, +1 spell, cold exposure on hit + multimodded wand, but it seems like a mission impossible.
2 appeared couple of days ago for mirror service.

i saw the wand as well. nasty looking thing. wonder how high the dps will rocket with it. best of luck. wonder how high dps will hit whether something in the range of 6-8m is possible with this build. definitely not something i could have imagined leagues ago.

Took a quick look at my setup and maxing gems + getting shav corruption and the wand I was talking about would bring my DPS to ~6.5m (but I only checked for Vortex's link, didn't check auras with "+1 to all spell gems". Haven't actually checked the breakpoints. Some auras don't get much when they get around lvl 25, so it might be better to use Bated Breath with aura effect corruptions).
Cold exposure doesn't work in PoB, so that's extra and I actually haven't checked if -cold res Delve mode works.
Tho I didn't check if it is maybe better to use Empower in Vortex link when it gets to double corrupted Shavs territory.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Dec 31, 2019, 4:15:30 PM
is cold damage over time multiplier more important than the others wand damage mods?
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Blood_Sail and domac,

Why do you think the Low-Life version is less tanky? Obviously there's a loss of some flat ES due to running Shav's over a 550+ ES chest, but the Sirus fight is basically 80% dodgeable mechanics and 20% glitch deaths, neither of which are affacted by raw survivability.

Just from my personal experiences:

1) Less ES (of course)

2) More damage intake from chaos damage now, which Sirus's abilities convert to chaos damage. Before I could get away with taking a couples ticks or so, but now you're just dead on contact.

3) While the half damage from block in theory is nice, I feel I'm still on average taking more damage than before and relying on ES recharge to keep me up. The burst on metamorphs and others can punch right through that quick.

4) Most of the things that are a threat are going to be ranged. Now that the curses are on blasphemy you can get sniped by ranged once anything is out of your blasphemy range. Especially Sirus since he teleports around a lot. I just feel more vulnerable that way.

While yes, just don't get hit 4Head is a strategy. It's a strategy that is not unique to the build. CI is tankier for sure just because of the amount of chaos damage this league, but low life is ok just not as much as I thought it would be for the investment. I am thinking of investing in a good spellblock/ES% on block shield, maybe that would help a bit.
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
Upgraded a bit.
Around 4.3m Shaper DPS on Vortex DOT without "Cold Exposure on Hit", it doesn't seem to work in PoB.

Need to also get couple of lvl21 gems, but too lazy.
Dunno yet if I go for 100, could get me another jewel slot.

9,5k ES. Could hit 10K ES without %ES Clarity jewel, but not good enough gear around on the market.

Still waiting for better gloves to work with.
Waiting for +4 Prism & +4 Shavronne to appear on the market.

Boots and Hubris are self-crafted.
Will most likely swap out boots for something with 200ES+, but need to find or craft something that has double res. Need to work something out between boots/gloves/elder ring to break 10k ES.

Also trying to craft +1 cold, +1 spell, cold exposure on hit + multimodded wand, but it seems like a mission impossible.
2 appeared couple of days ago for mirror service.

i saw the wand as well. nasty looking thing. wonder how high the dps will rocket with it. best of luck. wonder how high dps will hit whether something in the range of 6-8m is possible with this build. definitely not something i could have imagined leagues ago.

Took a quick look at my setup and maxing gems + getting shav corruption and the wand I was talking about would bring my DPS to ~6.5m (but I only checked for Vortex's link, didn't check auras with "+1 to all spell gems". Haven't actually checked the breakpoints. Some auras don't get much when they get around lvl 25, so it might be better to use Bated Breath with aura effect corruptions).
Cold exposure doesn't work in PoB, so that's extra and I actually haven't checked if -cold res Delve mode works.
Tho I didn't check if it is maybe better to use Empower in Vortex link when it gets to double corrupted Shavs territory.

if i recall correctly, empower should edge out slightly. boosts dps by only a bit, but CDR reduction (because of vortex level). if you're going for ultimate min-max/boost dps, i believe empower will win. i never gone empower just because of the cost, too prohibitive for me.
Where are you getting the strength to equip the shield? You don't take any Str 30 nodes. You have 10 on one Jewel. Aside from that I'm lost.

Also is glancing blows really that big of an upgrade? You double your block chance, but instead of reducing damage by 100%, it's only reducing it by 50%. It's smoothing out the damage I suppose, which is what is mentioned several times in the guide, but I'm just wondering how it feels. The jewel is like 3.5ex now, and is the next purchase for me.
Last edited by srt4eblue on Jan 1, 2020, 4:54:01 AM
Cold exposure is supported by POB it's just already applied since you're using Frost Bomb.
"
Voeid wrote:
Cold exposure is supported by POB it's just already applied since you're using Frost Bomb.

Frost bomb is -25%, weapon mod is -10%.

Same with the Eye of Malice. It also has "%chance to inflict Cold Exposure on hit". When I tested the helmet in the beginning of the league, it boosted my kill time significantly at Elder.

You can also remove Frost Bomb from your PoB setup and then play around with the weapon mod, nothing changes DPS wise. You can also use Eye of Malice and see that nothing changes.

Cold Exposure from the Frost Bomb works, but the mod "#% chance to inflict Cold Exposure" doesn't work in PoB.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Jan 1, 2020, 5:51:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info