[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Elloktrik wrote:
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
Elloktrik wrote:
Hello, I wanna try that build and kinda play one character until the end so I wonder if I can spend so much currency to upgrade that build further in DPS/Survival wise? Shortly I wonder if min-maxing/scaling is pretty well with Vortex?

If you check out this guys gear : https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/twking729/syntheticdemon, you can see that the build can be scaled to almost any level of investment. His gear is likely worth at least 1 mirror overall, and his damage is absolutely absurd. It can take everything you throw at it.

Thank you for your reply. I asked that coz I was confused when you put that on Cons "Does not have infinite scaling like some attack builds" but I got my answer. Its very detailed guide and as a newbie in Poe I really appreciate it

With some of the new gear options combined with people finding newer and better passive trees, Vortex is approaching the "infinite" scaling spectrum, at least in terms of reasonable purchases. That guy's gear has 3-5 pieces that cost at least 20ex, and a couple that are probably 40-50+. If you can get all that without RMTing, I think you've hit the limit, but as you can see if you search the other Vortex builds, no one else is even at half of his DPS.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Upgraded a bit.
Around 4.3m Shaper DPS on Vortex DOT without "Cold Exposure on Hit", it doesn't seem to work in PoB.

Need to also get couple of lvl21 gems, but too lazy.
Dunno yet if I go for 100, could get me another jewel slot.

9,5k ES. Could hit 10K ES without %ES Clarity jewel, but not good enough gear around on the market.

Still waiting for better gloves to work with.
Waiting for +4 Prism & +4 Shavronne to appear on the market.

Boots and Hubris are self-crafted.
Will most likely swap out boots for something with 200ES+, but need to find or craft something that has double res. Need to work something out between boots/gloves/elder ring to break 10k ES.

Also trying to craft +1 cold, +1 spell, cold exposure on hit + multimodded wand, but it seems like a mission impossible.
2 appeared couple of days ago for mirror service.

Last edited by Escape_Artist on Dec 31, 2019, 10:36:04 AM
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
Upgraded a bit.
Around 4.3m Shaper DPS on Vortex DOT without "Cold Exposure on Hit", it doesn't seem to work in PoB.

9,5k ES. Could hit 10K ES without %ES Clarity jewel, but not good enough gear around on the market.

Will most likely swap out boots for something with 200ES+, but need to find or craft something that has double res. Need to work something out between boots/gloves/elder ring to break 10k ES.

Also trying to craft +1 cold, +1 spell, cold exposure on hit + multimodded wand, but it seems like a mission impossible.

You're a monster. It's awesome to me to see the progress of the people that can do things I don't have time to do. I'm still toiling over here with medium gear at lvl 94, trying to find the time to just run some maps and get that currency flowing for upgrades.

I'm very interested in that Thread of Hope. I'm on Intuitive Leap right now and thinking hard abotu swapping. seems great
Btw, Thread of Hope isn't working in PoB and probably not in poe.ninja either, so you need to look up every node manually to get some kind of idea about the DPS these nodes give.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Dec 31, 2019, 10:49:35 AM
General question for people: Is anyone interested in watching the build be played, either in SSF or even in HCSSF? I've been on SC trade this league, but I've been considering firing up the old Twitch Stream for some Vortex action.
Low Life survivability is questionable. I've killed Sirus deathless 3-4 times as CI. Moved to Low life and then died about 5 times to Sirus. It's definitely not as tanky as I thought it would be.
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
Upgraded a bit.

i saw the wand as well. nasty looking thing. wonder how high the dps will rocket with it. best of luck. wonder how high dps will hit whether something in the range of 6-8m is possible with this build. definitely not something i could have imagined leagues ago.
"
Escape_Artist wrote:
Upgraded a bit.

This gear is absolutely INSANE. You're really pushing the boundaries of the build man. Please keep going. And if you have any additional input on the build or gearing (aside from what you've already shared) please let us know!

Can you guys tell me what to upgrade next? Doing well (everything except awakener was easy, but I cant handle the fking storms) but got like 15-18 EX to spend (which is the most I ever had - really lucky last few days) and wanna spend it on something!

Also, is this wand worth multimodding?

"
ShakCentral wrote:
General question for people: Is anyone interested in watching the build be played, either in SSF or even in HCSSF? I've been on SC trade this league, but I've been considering firing up the old Twitch Stream for some Vortex action.

Yes. Seeing someone is very useful for people new to a build to see efficient playstyle. Seeing how often you are using cold snap and tempest shield and in what situations and boss fights would be interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info