[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Cøøp wrote:
"
Llilyth wrote:
Hey possibly dumb question but in the guide you mention eventually using Storm Brand to apply Temp Chains + Frostbite, but I'm not seeing anywhere in the gear suggestions/PoB that enables a second Hex to stick to enemies?

Is there a method I'm missing? Because right now I'm just seeing Temp Chains land on enemies unless I specifically take that gem out, then Frostbite starts to stick.

Malediction Ascendancy!

Ahh, got it since you drop the Vile Bastion once you swap over to Presence of Chayula.
Thanks for the guide. I've used this as a template for vortex league starting for two seasons now. I managed to do a second day awakener and craft nutty gear thanks to the end-game pob.
Much thanks!
Thank you for the build "manual"! It must be one of the best I have read, great humor! :) Also nice to get a peep into the crafting mystery for me. It going really well in Ultimatum with Cold DoT.

Have a nice day!
Oohh.. Look at that!
"
Llilyth wrote:
"
Cøøp wrote:
"
Llilyth wrote:
Hey possibly dumb question but in the guide you mention eventually using Storm Brand to apply Temp Chains + Frostbite, but I'm not seeing anywhere in the gear suggestions/PoB that enables a second Hex to stick to enemies?

Is there a method I'm missing? Because right now I'm just seeing Temp Chains land on enemies unless I specifically take that gem out, then Frostbite starts to stick.

Malediction Ascendancy!

Ahh, got it since you drop the Vile Bastion once you swap over to Presence of Chayula.

In you want more defense, you can swap out Profane Bloom instead of Vile Bastion for Malediction.
How can I get your filter on PS4?
"
bennyt40 wrote:
Didn't see a clear speed video, how is the clear speed, it seems quite tanks and good at bossing.

clearing with this build is a bit wonky at times. for the duration of vaal cold snap, everything on your screen dies. when you hit a pack with a vortex, it evaporates. even regualar cold snap does a good job once it has crept out. the problem is: all of those skills are cooldown based! if you are running around like a chicken with its head cut off (like you do in an ultimatum) and smash your buttons randomly, you could end up inside a pack (thanks to phasing) but all CDs down and you get zerged. nothing you can't handle with good gameplay though.
ok, I finally finished the campaign and spent what little chaos I had on a Rime Gaze and other cheap items to cap my ele resists.

I got my 3rd lab enchant and am ready to head into maps.

I am still hoping to go from Hybrid to low life in one step as others have recommended.

Top 3 items to save for now are the Prism Guardian, a 5 link Shavs, and trigger wand.

May the RNG gods be good to me in early mapping. :)
Should we grab Zealots oath as soon as our ES is larger than our life while still in hybrid mode?

Right now in tier 1 maps I have

Life: 2000
ES: 2600

do you have a loot filter for end game?
I was Storm Brand Elementalist to start but was getting oneshot in white maps so I respected to this tried and tested build. Sold my old stuff and bought some cheap gear on trade.

"

I know the build doesn't recommend speccing Glancing Blows but for me it was a night and day difference. It also seems to be a 50/50 split in Hardcore so there's some merit there. I feel much tankier with it.

I haven't died since and I'm able to do all Ultimatiums without even trying. My Cold Snap is level 11 lol.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info