[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
devynee wrote:
Hi,

I got this wand through live search for a good price and I would really like to craft:

- Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
- Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill
- +20(18-20)% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier

The only problem is that there is no open prefix for Cold Multi. Do you know of any good way to remove the spell damage? Or what else would you do? Annulling seems super risky since +1 All Spell Skill Gems would be a pain to get back on

I´am not an expert, and someone correct me if i am wrong, but the only way to remove spell damage can also remove + lvl spells so its very risk.

I advice you to buy a better base.

I recently bought a dagger with +2 lvl spells, intelligence and lighting dmg to spells for only 2ex. only thing i have to do is remove lighting through harvest and then benchcraft the usual stuff
"
devynee wrote:
Hi,

I got this wand through live search for a good price and I would really like to craft:

- Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
- Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill
- +20(18-20)% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier

The only problem is that there is no open prefix for Cold Multi. Do you know of any good way to remove the spell damage? Or what else would you do? Annulling seems super risky since +1 All Spell Skill Gems would be a pain to get back on

Now you know why the wand was cheap :)
Unfortunately, there is no safe way to remove spell damage. It's a 50% chance... good luck!

PS: I've tried once and unfortunately removed the +1 all spell mod...
Hello there exiles.
Wanted to ask, if this build can do 36/40 challanges on a 30-35 ex budget?
Just want to get the league done with right now.

Or how much does this build need in currency to do the 36/40.

Thanks in advance.
"
AREuFUF wrote:
Hey,

Dot multiplier or aura effect. That's a question what bothers me from very begginning of the league. I choose first, so dot multi clusters stacking and as much dot notables added as possible.

But I want to try aura variant too. It looks really nice on a paper (i mean poeninja, especially with turned off EE...). Though, is it really such increase of dps? If yes - it would almost double my dmg.

Ok, aura stacking adds to "more" from zealotry, hatred and malevolence, but im not sure if 3-4x clusters with replenishig presence/first among equals are better than 3-4x clusters with deep chill/brush with death.

Or is there some "plot twist" when combination of aura effects, mark of the shaper/elder ring (do not use it) overshadows dot multi I havent noticed yet.

Just FYI ritual char is _RipperDOT_

Ty ;-)

Sry for quoting my own post but there's one new idea regarding dot/aura question.

Aura modifiers (ofc it's obvious) affects discipline, which is affected by tranquility. (Transfiguration of Soul applies increases and reductions to Maximum Energy Shield to also affect Spell Damage at 30% of their value). So maybe such combination is some mystic source of hidden dps power.

Tbh now im not even sure if there's an intereaction between tranquility and discipline, but there are (I heard that) no stupid questions so...

Edit: Ok it's not affected (Just turned discpline off, and vortex/cold snap stats remain unchanged).
Last edited by AREuFUF on Mar 4, 2021, 4:28:47 PM
To add to AREuFUF, there are 3 aspects of it.

At high level you already have several sources of cdot, gloves, weapon, amulet, 5-6 jewels, 2 deep chills from large clusters. I have 105% cdot multi on my build (with 4 aura medium clusters). Anything I add to that has diminishing return. They add to the total and behave like an "increase", which is still nice. 4 medium clusters with deep chill and brush with death would bring that multiplier to 185%, equivalent to a 76% more multi (185/105).

In contrast, sources of aura effects are scarce. I get 52% from the tree (that's with the leadership wheel). 4 medium aura clusters is 64% for a total of 116% aura effect, or 120% more multi.

But it doesn't end here, as this 116% more effect is not applied to your dps directly but to the more multipliers of zealotry, hatred and malevolence, which are themselves multiplicative! Basically, increases in aura effect are applied 3 times and that's why it scales so much more strongly than cdot. In practice, it's like having a 9 link.

Finally aura effect impacts other auras. My discipline is a whooping 2775 ES. Flesh and stone, clarity, vitality and even dread banner accuracy malus all get impacted significantly. It adds up.

edit: I forgot to take in account the little nodes of medium clusters, but they wont change the conclusion
Last edited by roselan on Mar 4, 2021, 5:24:40 PM
"
Roselan wrote:
To add to AREuFUF, there are 3 aspects of it.

At high level you already have several sources of cdot, gloves, weapon, amulet, 5-6 jewels, 2 deep chills from large clusters. I have 105% cdot multi on my build (with 4 aura medium clusters). Anything I add to that has diminishing return. They add to the total and behave like an "increase", which is still nice. 4 medium clusters with deep chill and brush with death would bring that multiplier to 185%, equivalent to a 76% more multi (185/105).

In contrast, sources of aura effects are scarce. I get 52% from the tree (that's with the leadership wheel). 4 medium aura clusters is 64% for a total of 116% aura effect, or 120% more multi.

But it doesn't end here, as this 116% more effect is not applied to your dps directly but to the more multipliers of zealotry, hatred and malevolence, which are themselves multiplicative! Basically, increases in aura effect are applied 3 times and that's why it scales so much more strongly than cdot. In practice, it's like having a 9 link.

Finally aura effect impacts other auras. My discipline is a whooping 2775 ES. Flesh and stone, clarity, vitality and even dread banner accuracy malus all get impacted significantly. It adds up.

edit: I forgot to take in account the little nodes of medium clusters, but they wont change the conclusion

This is really great reading and should be pinned somehwere ;-) Im so glad that finally someone explain how things work here.

I did some math and if Im correct - got 317% dot (cold dot multiplier + dot multiplier) in total, and another 11 from swift affliction. What's enough (with proper timing/flask/EE management) to avoid maven's third phase/memory game or kill Sirus when he starts his rotating beam trickery (1 of 4 Sirus copy).

But i don't know what's equivalent of "more" is my 212 dot "overcap" (317 - 105). Because if I understand correctly 105 is some kind of dot multi cap (after that it has dimnishing returns).

Im really scared... what kind of TERMINATOR will my character turn into, if I make transition from dot multi clusters to aura ones. As I see - I can also invest in normal hubris circlet and forcing hatred effect on the scepter (not sure if it's worth though). And I know it can be tricky (or maybe not cheap, to be more specific). Redeemer orb, rem/add influence until T1 hatred effect. Would u go for it - if u got my weapon?

Didn't know auras are so good (so multiplicative ;-)). And my discipline grants 238 additional ES... so a bit less than yours :-). According to in game tooltip.

Ty, now I need some aura clusters with 2x ignite avoidance and 1x shock. And start to delete bossess before i even enter their arenas. Let u know later how went my path of destruction.

Last edited by AREuFUF on Mar 4, 2021, 8:48:38 PM
"
Stigingvar wrote:
Hello there exiles.

Thanks in advance.

I did 40/40 with MAX 10 ex gear so 35 ex is great :)
Ty for the answer! Will start building the gear
"
Bogdanovici1 wrote:
"
Stigingvar wrote:
Hello there exiles.

Thanks in advance.

I did 40/40 with MAX 10 ex gear so 35 ex is great :)

What did your gear look like?
Shav, prism and the rest are cheap rares, self found self made clusters. I m kind of lazy and the build is like at 40%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info