[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Wojtul123 wrote:
I switch for mark of the shaper, and elder ring. Sadly i need to change boots, from sin trek for some boots with res, strenght and %ES.... end my ES now is 6.8k... it looks like a joke, but i dont know how to rise ES more, not spending 100ex + :/ can u help me somehow. Thanks

https://pastebin.com/mia3iM7R

7.8k es, and nearly doubled your dps. Ho, and that's by disabling frostbite (I did forget to re-enable it before exporting the build). The only thing I added was a true cluster jewel, and shuffled your tree around. I First got rid of all block nodes that don't do much for our build.

The cluster jewel doesn't come cheap thou:
- large with 8 nodes and 3 notables: 3ex
- medium with Replenishing Presence and First Amongst Equals: 2ex x2
- cobalt jewels with 7-8%es and +4 cdot: 1ex x2.

That's 9ex total for the cluster.

In lowlife you scales aura effect, so try get more auras like Flesh and Stone or Skitterbots. Personally I favor Aspect of the spider even if it's not an aura. How you apply Frostbite is up to you, of course blasphemy works but you better off not reserving mana for it. Manually scaling casting storm brand linked to curse on hit and frostbite seems the best way. Of course a frostbte/ele weakness hit ring works too, but it's nearly impossible to find an Elder one.

The next would be to replace your amulet with a +1 to spell/cold skill and t1/t2 cdot.

Then get a large thread of hope in place of intuitive leap.

Finally a second cluster like the first one.
"
Roselan wrote:
"
Wojtul123 wrote:
I switch for mark of the shaper, and elder ring. Sadly i need to change boots, from sin trek for some boots with res, strenght and %ES.... end my ES now is 6.8k... it looks like a joke, but i dont know how to rise ES more, not spending 100ex + :/ can u help me somehow. Thanks

https://pastebin.com/mia3iM7R

7.8k es, and nearly doubled your dps. Ho, and that's by disabling frostbite (I did forget to re-enable it before exporting the build). The only thing I added was a true cluster jewel, and shuffled your tree around. I First got rid of all block nodes that don't do much for our build.

The cluster jewel doesn't come cheap thou:
- large with 8 nodes and 3 notables: 3ex
- medium with Replenishing Presence and First Amongst Equals: 2ex x2
- cobalt jewels with 7-8%es and +4 cdot: 1ex x2.

That's 9ex total for the cluster.

In lowlife you scales aura effect, so try get more auras like Flesh and Stone or Skitterbots. Personally I favor Aspect of the spider even if it's not an aura. How you apply Frostbite is up to you, of course blasphemy works but you better off not reserving mana for it. Manually scaling casting storm brand linked to curse on hit and frostbite seems the best way. Of course a frostbte/ele weakness hit ring works too, but it's nearly impossible to find an Elder one.

The next would be to replace your amulet with a +1 to spell/cold skill and t1/t2 cdot.

Finally a second cluster like the first one.

Wow! Thank you sooo much ! Its amazing what have u done :O One more question. When i put large thread of hope, take in tree, points like u have right ?
yes
Thanks for the replies, I did manage to figure out how to run Aspect of spider with Discipline and double blasphemy tho, just switch the small cluster for a Self-control one and run a conquerors efficiency for now until I can get 2 1% reservation corrupts. That also allows me to run a level 1 clarity and not have mana issues at level 78.
Hey,

Dot multiplier or aura effect. That's a question what bothers me from very begginning of the league. I choose first, so dot multi clusters stacking and as much dot notables added as possible.

But I want to try aura variant too. It looks really nice on a paper (i mean poeninja, especially with turned off EE...). Though, is it really such increase of dps? If yes - it would almost double my dmg.

Ok, aura stacking adds to "more" from zealotry, hatred and malevolence, but im not sure if 3-4x clusters with replenishig presence/first among equals are better than 3-4x clusters with deep chill/brush with death.

Or is there some "plot twist" when combination of aura effects, mark of the shaper/elder ring (do not use it) overshadows dot multi I havent noticed yet.

Just FYI ritual char is _RipperDOT_

Ty ;-)
"
Roselan wrote:

Could you please further elaborate on why thread of hope is better? Where exactly does it shine over intuitive leap? I noticed a few mentions of this topic before but never understood the point. When I am tampering with it in PoB, I always get approximately the same or slightly worse results than with intuitive leap (e.g. +50k DPS but -200 ES). Yes, it does allow you to allocate a few more notable points but the basic points you lose pretty much negate the benefits. I must be doing something wrong even though I am trying to copy what I see in profiles of other players. Can you describe what skill points to change to maximize the benefits?
"
deimoss98 wrote:
"
Roselan wrote:

Could you please further elaborate on why thread of hope is better? Where exactly does it shine over intuitive leap? I noticed a few mentions of this topic before but never understood the point. When I am tampering with it in PoB, I always get approximately the same or slightly worse results than with intuitive leap (e.g. +50k DPS but -200 ES). Yes, it does allow you to allocate a few more notable points but the basic points you lose pretty much negate the benefits. I must be doing something wrong even though I am trying to copy what I see in profiles of other players. Can you describe what skill points to change to maximize the benefits?

The main advantage of Thread of hope is not the nodes you take, it's the nodes you don't take.

Using a ToH you free up to nine nodes that you need dearly, overall if you go for a second cluster.

In addition, in LL mainly block is not interesting, and taking Mystic Bulwark doesn't bring much, while Blast Radius is straight mediocre. On a large cluster you can get Widespread Destruction that has the exact same effect. Even when it costs only 1 travel node, I don't take it because it's simply not worth it.

We don't scales curses or brands or power charge, so Skittering Runes, Brand Equity and Instability brings nothing either.

Only Prodigal Perfection is interesting: 40-50% increased spell damage (depending on your mana) is nothing to scoff at! But the opportunity cost to take is simply to high. Even if you look to anoint it, 5 other notables bring more dps.

In fact, a strong cobalt jewel with 8% ES, +4 cdot and 2 spell damage affixes is more dps than Prodigal perfection, and you still get a point to spend and 8% es.

"
Roselan wrote:

The main advantage of Thread of hope is not the nodes you take, it's the nodes you don't take.

Using a ToH you free up to nine nodes that you need dearly, overall if you go for a second cluster.

In addition, in LL mainly block is not interesting, and taking Mystic Bulwark doesn't bring much, while Blast Radius is straight mediocre. On a large cluster you can get Widespread Destruction that has the exact same effect. Even when it costs only 1 travel node, I don't take it because it's simply not worth it.

We don't scales curses or brands or power charge, so Skittering Runes, Brand Equity and Instability brings nothing either.

Only Prodigal Perfection is interesting: 40-50% increased spell damage (depending on your mana) is nothing to scoff at! But the opportunity cost to take is simply to high. Even if you look to anoint it, 5 other notables bring more dps.

In fact, a strong cobalt jewel with 8% ES, +4 cdot and 2 spell damage affixes is more dps than Prodigal perfection, and you still get a point to spend and 8% es.

This is good stuff, thank you. If I understand correctly, the main benefit is the ability to add the second cluster jewel. If you don't mind, could you also describe how the ideal setup with 2 clusters would look like? What notables to look for there? I see you went that route but the PoE profile page displays it kinda funky (Do you really start with 2 large jewels? How many points did you allocate in both clusters in total?) and what is even more important, I am not sure if your setup is what you consider the best in general or you had some specific goal in mind...

Thanks again, I really appreciate your insight.
"
deimoss98 wrote:
"
Roselan wrote:

This is good stuff, thank you. If I understand correctly, the main benefit is the ability to add the second cluster jewel. If you don't mind, could you also describe how the ideal setup with 2 clusters would look like? What notables to look for there? I see you went that route but the PoE profile page displays it kinda funky (Do you really start with 2 large jewels? How many points did you allocate in both clusters in total?) and what is even more important, I am not sure if your setup is what you consider the best in general or you had some specific goal in mind...

Thanks again, I really appreciate your insight.

I have started with one large and 3 medium clusters until I was high level enough to get 2 larges and 4 mediums.

For large, I think best combination is:
- Deep chill
- Widespread destruction
- Prismatic Heart
But there are probably others good notables for large clusters so just try different combination on POB.

For medium, two possibilities. You can go with an aura base or with cold dot multi base.
For Aura, you're looking for:
- First Among Equals
- Replenishing Presence
For Cold DoT, I would say any combination of:
- Deep Chill
- Brush with death
- Vile Reinvigoration
Last edited by Arkannn on Mar 4, 2021, 12:15:15 PM
Hi,

I got this wand through live search for a good price and I would really like to craft:

- Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
- Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill
- +20(18-20)% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier

The only problem is that there is no open prefix for Cold Multi. Do you know of any good way to remove the spell damage? Or what else would you do? Annulling seems super risky since +1 All Spell Skill Gems would be a pain to get back on

IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info