[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

"
Aquarism wrote:
"
YoungGEEEZ wrote:

This is because Arborix is BIS for this build.

A lot of people here are crafting big bows but until you hit double T1 flat cold / phys you will end with a bow that is weaker than Arborix.

Honestly, don't bother crafting a bow until you have 30ex+ to waste and everything else on your build is perfect. Don't even bother crafting your bow if you don't have a double Watcher's eye.

There is so much misinformation on this thread, really, go for Arborix people, it is dirt cheap and has an insane dps.

Thanks for the info. I looked into it, arborix is indeed better than death opus, I updated the front page a bit to reflect this. POB will have to wait until I have more time to adjust.

What else can be done to minimize one shot death other than ice golem + decoy totem?. changes on playstyle required? Seems like several players struggle to go past level 91/92.
Last edited by sp3d2 on Apr 23, 2020, 7:49:01 AM
"
sp3d2 wrote:

What else can be done to minimize one shot death other than ice golem + decoy totem?. changes on playstyle required? Seems like several players struggle to go past level 91/92.

Ranger is always squishy, one-shot is even in red text on the front page as a con.

the best way is to get more dmg to kill everything before they hit you. failing that stack more hp, cwdt steel skin. decoy totem helps with bosses but not random one shots.

I tried this once, dont really like the style, but you can use meat shield support with an animate guardian, using kingmaker, the garb of the ephemeral. Not to mention very expensive.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
The weird thing is with this build I dont understand what is 1 shotting me. Normally I can say "I ws bleeding, i got crit, I ate a spell" But with this build its like im mapping fine murdering everything and then it just says "you have died"

IGN PoopyPotter
"
The weird thing is with this build I dont understand what is 1 shotting me.

Interesting when I compare my BV Assassin with Ice Shot Deadeye. The Assassin is 92 with 4700 H+ES. The Deadeye is currently 74 with 2700 H+ES. With the Assassin I almost always know why I died, and it's nearly always a mistake on my part. With the Deadeye, it's still usually a mistake, but there are plenty of times when I go, "wait, what happened there?"

I think it's just because there are a lot more normal hits that can kill you at 2700 if they happen to crit - especially when you are doing red maps. Still working on finding the right balance of offense and defense with this gal.
The actucal league mechanic is one of the reasons why you get oneshotted often. You will not get a oneshot in a normal map without active delirium up to t16 if you are not a pure glass cannon and your gear is not the worst.

And yea, some of the olol hearld stacking guys with servearl mirror tier gear die sometimes at wave 20 in a simulacrum and not to kosis.

And yea. Death Opus and Arborix should be removed only if you have a bow with 2 arrows and at least 1 t1 and 1 t2 or better flat dps on it. We discussed that topic to often now ;-)

"
GHOSTCL wrote:
"
Mekrat wrote:
To make this clear. Its not my build and I play a different version of an ice shot build. I just use this thread to talk and discuss the ice shot build mechanic.

For your gear atm I would suggest to change your evasion flask to a Diamond flask (crit chance is lucky)

The next not to expsenive change could be new gloves with the incursion mod more dmg against chilled enemies.. (more dps than the gripped gloves in pob)

My onslogutht sources are the cinderswallow flask and an abyss jewel (jewel only grants on kill)

A big dmg boost is comeing from assa mark on hit and the aspect mod.

To make that clear here again. If you want to cast herald of ice, apsect of the spider, hatred and precision lvl1 with enlighten lvl 3 you will not have enough mana for 2 shots. For some guys its ok to deal with it. For me its not really smooth and I use a reduced mana mod for hatred on my amulett.

Keep that in mind.

Hey , its answer from 175 page , thanks Mekrat for this.
So i made some upgrades and few levels currently POB is showing 5.7 mln DPS im pasting my POB also i hope i configured evertyhing correctly in POB if anyone wanna check pls feel free and let me now if im doing evertyhing correctly :

POB : https://pastebin.com/EnLw8WkG

My gear
Spoiler

Im far from what Aquarius POB sates ( bossing setup up to 18 mln )
what to do now :)? aside from my question im watching up your gears guys and try to copy but maybe you can enlighten me :

Few questions :
- Do i Chill bosses with my barrage ( dont know how to check that and my gloves gives me quite a boost to chilled enemies , thx Mekrat :) )
- What can i upgrade now ?
- Killed only Sirus once , died like 6 times, any tips/anything being desperate ?
- currently sittin o 5.3k life can boost this up to 5.7k but lose a lot of DMG
- I saw some disscusion and see you guys some times have some of the new jewels , looking slowly to maybe upgrade to that especialy one with shock , anyone maybe remembers on which page was that discussion and what jewels are they ?
- if im correct i do not shock enemies now without this new jewels ?jeweles ?

I think only iceshot can chill. Not barrage or one of its supported gems. Thats a reason some players switch to ice shot with barrage support and change the enchant aswell to benefit for single and clear dmg. But this would be an other topic.

You could upgrade your watchers eye, your belt, your quiver and when you want your bow. Try Arborix or try to get one of the crafted ones like we talked about very often.

The clusters are really sick. In my opinion its worth to sacrifice the frenzy and life nodes near gladiator to get the clusters. But like I said I use an completly other tree.

You can check my jewels to get some informations about which nodes are good. And yea, no shock without a cluster atm for you.

"
GreyLensman wrote:
"
The weird thing is with this build I dont understand what is 1 shotting me.

Interesting when I compare my BV Assassin with Ice Shot Deadeye. The Assassin is 92 with 4700 H+ES. The Deadeye is currently 74 with 2700 H+ES. With the Assassin I almost always know why I died, and it's nearly always a mistake on my part. With the Deadeye, it's still usually a mistake, but there are plenty of times when I go, "wait, what happened there?"

I think it's just because there are a lot more normal hits that can kill you at 2700 if they happen to crit - especially when you are doing red maps. Still working on finding the right balance of offense and defense with this gal.

Exactly and I have 4500+hp
IGN PoopyPotter
i think the hard part with arborix is because it has 2 different modes that it switches between every 8 seconds, the pob has difficulty calculating that. cause when i was plugging stuff in, it did not show a huge improvement, also the modifiers on the arborix also don't show on the dmg in the game.... but that 30% more dmg for 8 seconds is freaking enormous, and for point blank users i gain that huge added dmg boost for 8 seconds and the other 8 seconds i gain 30% move speed and far shot which negates distance penalty of point blank node.....

but easiest way for me to sell the arborix to folks over them using opus, is to simply say try it yourself. i been sitting on it for over a week in my stash thinking i d get the delve 6link node to finish crafting it, but realised i never getting the delve crafting mod and just threw all my fuses on it and got it at around 1500 with 94 left in stash. you can actually tell in game how much stronger the bow is. just try it, can always sell it back if it does not fit you, likely for an identical price as its price is so cheap right now
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Is this quiver worth exalt slamming or multi modding? I made it the other day and forgot to lock in the extra arrow because I needed the cold res
IGN PoopyPotter
Het thanks for the build. Can anyone point me in a direction on what to upgrade next? I have a few exalts (would guess around 7-8) but don't know what to upgrade. I feel my single target is pretty crap, feels like I'm throwing wet noodles at bosses.

Ty! Character - RerollinEveryday
Last edited by Machinehead666 on Apr 23, 2020, 1:21:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info