[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

"
Spoiler
Hello!

Here are some improvements to his original build that are easy to implement. The top being harder as you need new rings, and the bottom being very easy and everyone should make that change.

This made me much stronger:

Getting rid of Blood Magic for Vaal Skeletons was a huge help for me at 2k depth, being that they are a sweet meat shield. All around they are a great utility in a tough situation. You will need to get a second enchant of non-channeling skills -9 on your other ring, but if you replace the rarity it is a shoe in. I also was able to get all necessary stats as well as a Socketed ring for Vaal Grace which is a sweet utility. Especially tied along with the skeletons as they all receive that buff as well as fortify sitting in place of Blood Magic. Makes it super super easy to do those T3 Azurite nodes that are super deep.

More importantly and easy to change:

Switching around the 3 links so that my +2 to Socketed AOE on my shield could effect Malevolence/Increased AOE/Plague Bearer (+2 to all Socketed gems instead of to only 2 of the gems as he has it set right now). Even if you don't have +2 to Socketed AOE throwing Flamedash with Increased Duration/Skitterbots/Vaal Haste makes the Flamedash spell last longer which looks cooler since I have a MTX for Flamedash and it does a little more damage which is nullified by the insane amount of damage I do with my main hand using this build. Regardless, it fits better that way even if the damage means nothing really.

All in all this has been one of my strongest builds, there isn't anything that's hard. I have never filmed before but this makes me want to try, so I can submit videos and show the ease of game-play with this hero.

Thank you,
Always Improving

Hey, good ideas! i think will try out skeletons once i get deeper into the delve!

"
Poka12 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello.. i rly like ur build.. i have done everything in game uber elder , uber atziri and more easy and without problems. i decided to play with farruls and its rly cool and fun. i need an advice about my weapon.. need to improve something else? here is my gear :

Hello, glad you like the build! Your claw is pretty good but i would try to find one that also has flat phys like "adds 17-30 physical damage". This will greatly improve your dps.

look for minimum..
24% attack speed
60% chance for poison to do 100% more damage
adds 13-26 phys damage
100% increased physical damage

just those 4 stats will give you lots of dps.

"
cuorebrave wrote:
@Lunartuna -
Spoiler
I just want to thank you for spinning off this build. I was using the original (loczek), with Fenumus' Weave, and while I had a lot of fun and it was a great leveling experience, I was frustrated with end-game. It was slow. And dangerous. I wasn't motivated to push myself to complete all content and considered stopping once a buddy of mine killed UE for me. For the life of me, I couldn't do it, myself. I couldn't even kill Regular Elder, without the Shaper dying mid-fight.

But, then your off-shoot came along, and honest-to-God, it revolutionized the whole build for me. Asenath's was an incredible choice. Belly of the Beast worked perfectly. I respecced my passives to a modified (more life-heavy) spec, started running Malevolence and skitterbots, and...

The whole game changed. The distant, muffled machine-gun pop from Asenath's, as enemies I couldn't even see burst off-screen. Whipping around the areas, slicing and dicing. Clearspeed became FTLspeed. I started chewing through maps and bosses I never thought possible. Guardians were cut down in seconds, rather than minutes. Blighted maps were cleansed without mercy. Whole maps were cleared in a minute or two (aside from Cassia). Content opened up, that was never accessible to me.

Downed The Pale Court, then Elder, then Shaper, then Pure Chayula, then Uber Atziri, and finally cleared (after 4 leagues) THE Uber Elder, all by my lonesome.

The best news was - I stopped dying, altogether. Level 94 became level 95. 95 to 96. And finally, 96... after an extremely long grind and over a hundred maps... 96 became 97.

Rank #50 in the whole world, for Venom Gyre specifically. Just 24 spots down from you, Lunar, on PoB!

Rank #1,810 for all Shadow players. Rank #9,846 of all players worldwide.

That's a pretty big accomplishment for me, and it's all thanks to your inspiration :D

And the best part - after all that leveling, slaughtering and looting? I noticed I had about 32ex stored up. So, for the first time ever - I WENT FOR IT.

It was almost-mythical to me, all these years. Headhunter. So out of reach. An impossibility. Something that other players had, that I envied. It was time to dig in and reach for those skulls to hang on my belt.

And I'm happy and proud to report:

Solo'd all content, accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish, cemented spot on the leaderboard, and finally... FINALLY... Headhunter.

It's my perfect going-away-present, as I say goodbye to such a beautiful game that I spent so much (too much, haha!) of my life with.

Thanks @lunartuna, for showing me the way. You're an allstar, in my book. And your VG build kicks some serious butt!

WOW! What a great post! I'm so happy it worked out for you and thanks for letting me know! It means a lot.

twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
i have a nice time with this build. Just craftet this items:
(Also for sell, message me Ingame "Venomrokan")

Doing good damage, just working on my surviveability a bit more. Thx for this awesome guide. It's pretty fun combined with whirling blades, i realy like the playstyle.
Last edited by Larokan on Oct 27, 2019, 2:36:38 PM
Sorry, but have another question. The amulet annointment for giving us an additional curse, what's the second curse we're using? I know we have despair with blasphemy. What's the other?
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Sorry, but have another question. The amulet annointment for giving us an additional curse, what's the second curse we're using? I know we have despair with blasphemy. What's the other?

Temp chains from asenath's gloves.
"
Hello!

Here are some improvements to his original build that are easy to implement. The top being harder as you need new rings, and the bottom being very easy and everyone should make that change.

This made me much stronger:

Getting rid of Blood Magic for Vaal Skeletons was a huge help for me at 2k depth, being that they are a sweet meat shield. All around they are a great utility in a tough situation. You will need to get a second enchant of non-channeling skills -9 on your other ring, but if you replace the rarity it is a shoe in. I also was able to get all necessary stats as well as a Socketed ring for Vaal Grace which is a sweet utility. Especially tied along with the skeletons as they all receive that buff as well as fortify sitting in place of Blood Magic. Makes it super super easy to do those T3 Azurite nodes that are super deep.

More importantly and easy to change:

Switching around the 3 links so that my +2 to Socketed AOE on my shield could effect Malevolence/Increased AOE/Plague Bearer (+2 to all Socketed gems instead of to only 2 of the gems as he has it set right now). Even if you don't have +2 to Socketed AOE throwing Flamedash with Increased Duration/Skitterbots/Vaal Haste makes the Flamedash spell last longer which looks cooler since I have a MTX for Flamedash and it does a little more damage which is nullified by the insane amount of damage I do with my main hand using this build. Regardless, it fits better that way even if the damage means nothing really.

All in all this has been one of my strongest builds, there isn't anything that's hard. I have never filmed before but this makes me want to try, so I can submit videos and show the ease of game-play with this hero.

Thank you,
Always Improving

Did some updates to this. got both rings non-channeling -9 total mana and instead of using skellies I use precision aura. You can make it to whatever level you are comfortable with but with my mana regen and my leech i only need 20 mana.

Another update, got a second socketed ring for my golem. I like golems as you can switch it out for different fights, if you need more regen, more phys dmg reduc, higher dmg? Ice.

Makes this build much stronger
Thanks for compiling this awesome build guide Lunartuna. Overall a very smooth build; all content: easy going. I also went for double -9 mana rings and high mana regen while using precision. just feels good to dont worry about mana at all. finally picked up a brutal restraint, divined it and got this:

- 25 crit chance
- 20 increased effect of non dmg ailments
- 8 increased life
- 10 increased flask charges
- 5 chance to blind
- 20 increased damage with poison
- 5 increased movement speed
- 15 increased minion move speed

I mean looks good, what do you guys think? Lost 15% attack speed because of replacing my precision watchers so i went for lightning golem to compensate. Not sure about my passive tree either. still your previous version of pathing. You guys have some advices? Furthermore i need to test if ditching arrow dancing was a good choice. : )

GL HF Everybody

Found these, wondering if they would be useful? With the shock effect and the +1 dex gems
"
misery86 wrote:
Thanks for compiling this awesome build guide Lunartuna. Overall a very smooth build; all content: easy going. I also went for double -9 mana rings and high mana regen while using precision. just feels good to dont worry about mana at all. finally picked up a brutal restraint, divined it and got this:

- 25 crit chance
- 20 increased effect of non dmg ailments
- 8 increased life
- 10 increased flask charges
- 5 chance to blind
- 20 increased damage with poison
- 5 increased movement speed
- 15 increased minion move speed

I mean looks good, what do you guys think? Lost 15% attack speed because of replacing my precision watchers so i went for lightning golem to compensate. Not sure about my passive tree either. still your previous version of pathing. You guys have some advices? Furthermore i need to test if ditching arrow dancing was a good choice. : )

GL HF Everybody

Why did you lose your watcher's eye?... we have 4 jewels, 1 watcher, 1 timeless, 2 more jewels.

I got brutal restraint - 20 cr, 5% chance to gain frenzy on kill, 20 dex , 4% max life , 20% proj dmg , poison inflict deal dmg 10% faster, 25% crit chance, 4% max life, 20% increased dmg with psn , really good!
Last edited by lachewitzm on Nov 1, 2019, 8:42:05 AM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:

Found these, wondering if they would be useful? With the shock effect and the +1 dex gems

No, our gloves are the much better than those.
Although pretty hard to roll, i've been trying for one with poisons deal damage faster x2. Ideally with some life, attack speed and other good mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info