Making Cassia

another fun fact. Cinnamon is also the name of the dog from Raj in Big Bang Theory.
She is unique, and that alone deserves praise.

That said, might I suggest you re-record her line talking about mycelium? She mispronounces the word, and then immediately follows that up with an "Ugh! [You stupid exile who obviously has no clue what I am talking about.] New roots!"

The disconnect between "I can't even pronounce this word correctly" and "You must not even know what this word means" is jarring, to say the least. Did Ms. Rimmer not look up the correct pronunciation, or did you misdirect her into pronouncing it incorrectly?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

That said, might I suggest you re-record her line talking about mycelium? She mispronounces the word, and then immediately follows that up with an "Ugh! [You stupid exile who obviously has no clue what I am talking about.] New roots!"

The disconnect between "I can't even pronounce this word correctly" and "You must not even know what this word means" is jarring, to say the least. Did Ms. Rimmer not look up the correct pronunciation, or did you misdirect her into pronouncing it incorrectly?

I like her pronunciation of it, it makes me hard as a rock.

"New roots!" is just icing on the cake.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Oct 4, 2019, 7:19:43 PM
the "new mycelium.. uh.. new roots!" voice line.. is the single most irritating voice line in the history of path of exile and the final straw that made me turn off the voice dialogue for the entire game.
generally dangerous
"
philosoaper wrote:
the "new mycelium.. uh.. new roots!" voice line.. is the single most irritating voice line in the history of path of exile and the final straw that made me turn off the voice dialogue for the entire game.

It grows on you. I thought it was annoying af at first, but then I didn't mind it
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Yes!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

^ What this guy said!

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/mycelium?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic
when oils and blighted maps will be buffed?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

^ What this guy said!

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/mycelium?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

I highly doubt they are going to have the actress re-record the voice lines for a trivial pronunciation error.

Cassia was a very great experience for me coming back to PoE after a couple of years.

I really appreciate how much of the character is in the music. Her wordless croon shows off a pretty and trained voice, and the obviously well known (in the game world) religious marching hymns with geeky ad-lib embellishments paint a picture much more clearly and concisely than many of the other new-to-me characters.

My one complaint is that it's a pity her song snippets are so short. They give the impression of longer pieces but it's weird to have her cut off and change between just two.

And yes, hearing just those two over and over again does start to grate. Perhaps she should start with one of the songs and then switch to the croon for a longer time - it would be more pleasant and it would also match the pattern of a musical geek getting caught up in a technical problem. I've been known to do exactly that myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info