[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Do split influence rings count as elder towards the mark of the shaper bonus? I know there was some confusion.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Do split influence rings count as elder towards the mark of the shaper bonus? I know there was some confusion.

only the left symbol counts afaik.
I'm still convinced there is some mechanic that's not obvious.
Just did another Sirus and I pretty much instaphased him, last phase he casted one meteor and died while casting his fire. Had to check I was actually on Awakening 8 to make sure.
I'm also still above 6.06 AS as I haven't found the jewel I'm looking for yet, so theoretically my dps should be even lower than it could be.
Next kill I'm going to try out BL again, but I've never cleared him this fast in the past before I swapped.

@NomadFX:
Why do you consider Ghost Reaver useless? It increases my leech from 1.3k to 2.6k, isn't that better than the 6% regen from zealot's oath which you're still using? Or am I missing something?
Last edited by blingi on Jan 14, 2020, 12:14:45 PM
"
blingi wrote:
Just did another Sirus and I pretty much instaphased him, last phase he casted one meteor and died while casting his fire. Had to check I was actually on Awakening 8 to make sure.
I'm also still above 6.06 AS as I haven't found the jewel I'm looking for yet, so theoretically my dps should be even lower than it could be.
Next kill I'm going to try out BL again, but I've never cleared him this fast in the past before I swapped.

@NomadFX:
Why do you consider Ghost Reaver useless? It increases my leech from 1.3k to 2.6k, isn't that better than the 6% regen from zealot's oath which you're still using? Or am I missing something?

I think the prevailing thought is both Ghost Reaver and Zealots oath are not useful, because the es gained from hit on ball lightning is so huge (especially if you use one in chest and hammer). Each ball lightning hits a target about 6 times a second, and you are letting lose about 6 ish balls a second between your chest and another 6 from your hammer. That means in the first second alone you have 12 balls all hitting 6 times each, but even if you curb the value down for non perfect placement to say, 5 hits, and maybe you lost a ball completely cause of a weird non crit, then you are at 11 balls at 5 hits each, for 1650 es gained. In the next second however you are adding on more balls while the old balls are still hitting the target and you basically ramp the es gain to a point where with just with just basic es leech you should be topping off almost instantly against any source of damage.

I could be wrong about this, so it definitely requires some testing, but if you don't need reaver, then you could path to soul thief via Assassination. It would cost you 1 extra passive point but you would gain 20% generic crit chance (something LL builds I think would benefit from), 10 extra int and 12 spell damage. Sounds like a good trade to me.
"
faytte wrote:
"
blingi wrote:

@NomadFX:

I think the prevailing thought is both Ghost Reaver and Zealots oath are not useful, because the es gained from hit on ball lightning is so huge (especially if you use one in chest and hammer). Each ball lightning hits a target about 6 times a second, and you are letting lose about 6 ish balls a second between your chest and another 6 from your hammer. That means in the first second alone you have 12 balls all hitting 6 times each, but even if you curb the value down for non perfect placement to say, 5 hits, and maybe you lost a ball completely cause of a weird non crit, then you are at 11 balls at 5 hits each, for 1650 es gained. In the next second however you are adding on more balls while the old balls are still hitting the target and you basically ramp the es gain to a point where with just with just basic es leech you should be topping off almost instantly against any source of damage.

I could be wrong about this, so it definitely requires some testing, but if you don't need reaver, then you could path to soul thief via Assassination. It would cost you 1 extra passive point but you would gain 20% generic crit chance (something LL builds I think would benefit from), 10 extra int and 12 spell damage. Sounds like a good trade to me.

Yeah I don't think those nodes are really needed (although I will keep reaver for now since I only run one BL setup and the extra 2.6k per sec is nice).
I was just curious why he called ghost reaver useless while running zealot's oath still which I thought provides even less regen.
If anyone would be so kind as to suggest my next upgrade? I was thinking about buying atziris mirror and then go for tailwind boots. Maybe im missing something really obvious, thanks.
Can someone POB me ?

Cause it seems i'm of using it or i'm still at around 50k so really far from at least 100k.

I've switch my ring and amu recently and i know i can upgrade helm/shield and even armor.

Is it because i don't have a lot of jewels or am i missing something ?

Thanks for help !
"
Tykor wrote:
If anyone would be so kind as to suggest my next upgrade? I was thinking about buying atziris mirror and then go for tailwind boots. Maybe im missing something really obvious, thanks.

Getting a better chest would be a big upgrade for you in terms of survivability. Maybe get an awakened added lightning and penetration as those arent too expensive and the earlier you start leveling the better.
Ring and amulet could have damage stats like crit multi. Bottled faith if you can afford it.
the plan was tonight to farm for mjolnir with fort on it instead i found these which i thought were cheap for 7ex so i snagged it

with the enchant as well, makes bossing alot nicer
this is my first tailwind pair for this league and its super nice with cyclone
"
blingi wrote:
"
Tykor wrote:

Getting a better chest would be a big upgrade for you in terms of survivability. Maybe get an awakened added lightning and penetration as those arent too expensive and the earlier you start leveling the better.
Ring and amulet could have damage stats like crit multi. Bottled faith if you can afford it.

Fair points i just thought i should get the shield first to have an easier time to sort out resists. Ill buy the shield now and then look at a better chest i think! thanks and great find on the arc switch in mjölner feels like 2x dmg on bosses :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info