[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

So, like some that have questioned Zealots Oath, I'm wondering why Ghost Reaver? Is it really contributing much?
"
blingi wrote:

I know, trying to get a new jewel.
I'm using arc in mjolner, pretty sure I'll get the shock between conductivity and arc which both give me shock on hit. Might even be more than 15% on bigger arc hits but I only checked 15%.
And yeah, of course I checked vaal rf?
You aren't running vaal rf cause no space between all your auras, so why would you check it? Also you current setup can't shock anyway.

You dont understand how shock works at all. chance to shock does only help for non crit builds.
every crit has a 100% chance to shock (or ignite or freeze) but you need to reach certain thresholds.

you dont reach those threshold on endgame bosses with your tiny hits.

read: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 14, 2020, 5:38:40 AM
"
sephrinx wrote:
How can I find a Lethal Pride jewel with the needed modifications? They are very weird to shop for.

Also, the ES Gained on Hit Watchers Eye is like, 12-14ex, is there anyway to get around needing that jewel because there's no way I'll be able to afford that. I have about 22ex total.
I could liquidate all my gear on a couple characters, but I really don't want to!

It took me about 5ex worth of divines to get somthing I actually liked
"
Saturn_ wrote:
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
So my next upgrade I think will either be a fort mjolnir or woke cox. If I go with coc how much aps am I aiming for, does it really matter that much?

fort mjolner is far more important, woke coc doesnt do much for the build

inportant for defense, yes. woc coc is offense tho and it DOES do very much. it is ~29% MORE damage on your chest BL if you reach 7.5 ATS

Ghost Reaver is a wasted point btw.
Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 14, 2020, 6:01:12 AM
"
NomadFX wrote:
"
Saturn_ wrote:
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
So my next upgrade I think will either be a fort mjolnir or woke cox. If I go with coc how much aps am I aiming for, does it really matter that much?

fort mjolner is far more important, woke coc doesnt do much for the build

inportant for defense, yes. woc coc is offense tho and it DOES do very much. it is ~29% MORE damage on your chest BL if you reach 7.5 ATS

oh crap dude, thank u so much for that i really appreciate it!
"
faytte wrote:
Not that I've done the math to know if arc is better single target over ball lightning, but arc also has 29% more shock effectiveness (31% if you corrupted it and have added lightning, or 32% with a +1 shield). Assuming its just 31%, looking at your PoB without Vaal RF ticked on, the average hit is 191078 (at least when I imported it) but looking into calcs, the average from crits is closer to 212002. The effect of shock is basically a more multi when it comes to 'effective' damage for calculating shock, so thats 277,722. If we assume the changes to ailments for elder and shaper basically set their difficulty back to their 3.8 values (before their big health buff).

We know the new formula for magnitude, so plug it in with the old shaper health of 7,471,2908, and we could do that but we have a red flag. 277,,777 is only 0.37% of 74712908, and we need .4% minimum to even apply shock. Potentially on a top end crit this will happen and apply the minimum shock value of 5%, but its unlikely to cause a major chain reaction (though its possible, where shocks will result in the next hit doing more damage to apply a bigger shock).

During Vaal RF the average crit goes up to 273638, or 358,465 effectively for determining shock. Assuming Shaper's values remain like 3.8, then we get a value of 0.479%, which is easily enough to get the 5% minimum shock buff, but how far you will scale that during the duration of Vaal RF I don't know.

Unless my math is well off (and it could be) then getting a 15% shock seems unlikely against Shaper. Factors that could throw this off are 1) I'm bad at math 2) Not understanding the PoB effectively 3) Shaper's ailment threshold is below what his 3.8 health used to be.

If you just imported my setup it'll miss like 50% more damage due to Thread of Hope and Lethal pride, so that would always put it above the threshold. My Arc damage is at 400k.
And for the shock values I assumed that conductivity's and arc's added "chance to shock enemies" would work independently of crits applying shock and probably apply the default 15% shock value that these kind of shocks apply.

Edit 2:
If your assumptions regarding their current thresholds are somewhat correct, it might be worth it to put 3 points into the static blows cluster which provides decent damage for the investment as long as I have shocked recently while also giving me 40-50% shock effect which would scale it up nicely.

"
NomadFX wrote:
"
blingi wrote:

I know, trying to get a new jewel.
I'm using arc in mjolner, pretty sure I'll get the shock between conductivity and arc which both give me shock on hit. Might even be more than 15% on bigger arc hits but I only checked 15%.
And yeah, of course I checked vaal rf?
You aren't running vaal rf cause no space between all your auras, so why would you check it? Also you current setup can't shock anyway.

You dont understand how shock works at all. chance to shock does only help for non crit builds.
every crit has a 100% chance to shock (or ignite or freeze) but you need to reach certain thresholds.

you dont reach those threshold on endgame bosses with your tiny hits.

read: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

I know how shock from crits works, but why wouldn't chance to shock apply shocks even if I don't get any crit based shocks? Like why would a non crit build apply shocks via chance to shock whereas a crit build doesn't? Pretty sure the only relevant mechanic here is that you need to go for crits if you want big shocks, but there is no reason why the chance to shock wouldn't apply the 15% default shock.
And in case my arc does enough damage to apply low percent shocks, I'd assume that those wouldn't override the bigger values from chance to shock.

Edit: From your linked page: A hit of damage that has a chance to shock is capable of inflicting shock.
Further reading on what a hit is tells me that critical hits are also hits.
So if I deal critical hits that have a chance to shock (which I have due to arc and conductivity), I'm able to apply shocks regardless of the crit shock mechanic.
Last edited by blingi on Jan 14, 2020, 9:37:36 AM
No you misunderstand shock chance.
What you mean is shock efficiency. Shock chance does NOTHING if you crit all the time.

Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[1] effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life. As an example, The Shaper and Uber Elder have approximately 74 000 000 life. Minimally shocking The Shaper and Uber requires a single hit of 150 000 lightning damage, while maximum shock requires a single hit of 7 400 000 lightning damage.

Increased shock effect will reduce the required damage thresholds. For example, with 100% increased Shock effect, maximum shock effect requires a hit of 5% of the target's maximum life.

also the "default" value from sources that shock is 10% (not 15%) if not stated otherwise and has nothing to do with your hits shocking. So if you would be able to shock shaper it wouldnt be 10% (or 15% as you assumed) minimum increased damage. you got it all wrong.

lets assume Shaper has now 85.100.000 HP (cause of last patch, +15% mob hp). to shock for 1%! increased damage your hits need to be 170k.

so with vaal rf up you will shock with your arc for like 2-3% increased damage (0% for Sirus) while loosing a lot more dps for not using ball life in mjölner.

got it now?

btw. your arc damage is not at 400k.
Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 14, 2020, 10:21:02 AM
you can get ring with Conductivity on hit why not use that?
Last edited by ownstyle21 on Jan 14, 2020, 12:46:41 PM
"
NomadFX wrote:

Sure, but It's the most difficult upgrade to utilize due to the high IAPS requirements (~48%) as well as the need for additional CDR

Someone simply swapping to Awakened Coc will not see the full benefit unless they are specifically gearing around hitting breakpoints.
"
NomadFX wrote:
No you misunderstand shock chance.
What you mean is shock efficiency. Shock chance does NOTHING if you crit all the time.

Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[1] effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life. As an example, The Shaper and Uber Elder have approximately 74 000 000 life. Minimally shocking The Shaper and Uber requires a single hit of 150 000 lightning damage, while maximum shock requires a single hit of 7 400 000 lightning damage.

Increased shock effect will reduce the required damage thresholds. For example, with 100% increased Shock effect, maximum shock effect requires a hit of 5% of the target's maximum life.

also the "default" value from sources that shock is 10% (not 15%) if not stated otherwise and has nothing to do with your hits shocking. So if you would be able to shock shaper it wouldnt be 10% (or 15% as you assumed) minimum increased damage. you got it all wrong.

lets assume Shaper has now 85.100.000 HP (cause of last patch, +15% mob hp). to shock for 1%! increased damage your hits need to be 170k.

so with vaal rf up you will shock with your arc for like 2-3% increased damage (0% for Sirus) while loosing a lot more dps for not using ball life in mjölner.

got it now?

btw. your arc damage is not at 400k.

Okay, I was under the impression we didn't know how they adjusted hp and ailment thresholds on bosses in the last patch, and my damage felt better on arc so I assumed it had to do with shock.
My arc damage is over 400k btw, you obviously have to replace GMP with something useful (lightning pen).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info