[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Thank you for this build, i love chaos inoculation but I find most builds too weak, and this build is very tanky. I love this. I managed to defeat the Uber Elder for the first time but not the Shaper.
Last edited by love54425 on Oct 13, 2019, 6:55:07 PM
Build is sick, killing Uber Elder with ease even without Aspect of the Spider or a crafted/enchanted helmet.

Since I'm curious and can't seem to figure it out from the POB, how do we calculate our damage? Would love to see the math behind it since I can't seem to figure it out, lol.
Ho ho ho can't wait to try this build out <3 Thanks!
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Currently doing very fine, but still struggling with single target dps(
"
0912341412 wrote:
Dear N0esy
Your build it amazing thanks alots
Just 1 question this build can go dept devle about 1k5+ ?

Never tried, but I don't think this build can handle that deep delve.

"
fiestaforesta wrote:
Build is sick, killing Uber Elder with ease even without Aspect of the Spider or a crafted/enchanted helmet.

Since I'm curious and can't seem to figure it out from the POB, how do we calculate our damage? Would love to see the math behind it since I can't seem to figure it out, lol.

I'm going to add how to calculate your DPS to the guide tonight.
Edit: Added.

"
thekaos1k23 wrote:
Currently doing very fine, but still struggling with single target dps(

If you use Dying Sun and GMP, you can't complain about your DPS...
In addition, because you have enough ES leech, you should use elemental focus support instead of energy leech.
I also found a mistake in your passive tree. You should take the normal node above the "+1 to maximum power charges" node instead of the one below it.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 14, 2019, 3:38:06 PM
Planned on switching to this build but I got a question or two, namely:

How are the spiky bois? Any problems with them, since we mostly seem to be dealing lightning damage? Or are there any other problematic mobs or bosses?

I got roughly 7ex to invest, how far would that get me? I recon I can nail some core items and a QoL upgrade or two. Should I farm a bit more and get the whole recommended set at once?

Thanks in advance!
Hey all - I am level 95 and almost 96 on HC and got a HH finally so decided to give this build a try. I will be honest... the damage on t15-16 maps blows and I have a TON of currency invested in making this a good build. Can anyone take a look at my POB and let me know what you think?

https://pastebin.com/48eMJiey

FYI in case you are wondering why I took Lord of the Dead, its because I get endu charges gained with Lethal Pride. The pride jewel in that slots gives me 10 % more str, crit chance, chance to deal double damage, and take 20 % less crit strike damage.

Looking forward to some feedback on how people are killing UE with ease when my gear is top knotch.

Last edited by dsata on Oct 15, 2019, 1:26:04 AM
"
dsata wrote:
Hey all - I am level 95 and almost 96 on HC and got a HH finally so decided to give this build a try. I will be honest... the damage on t15-16 maps blows and I have a TON of currency invested in making this a good build. Can anyone take a look at my POB and let me know what you think?

FYI in case you are wondering why I took Lord of the Dead, its because I get endu charges gained with Lethal Pride. The pride jewel in that slots gives me 10 % more str, crit chance, chance to deal double damage, and take 20 % less crit strike damage.

Looking forward to some feedback on how people are killing UE with ease when my gear is top knotch.

Having not played this myself yet and seeking answers, I can already tell that you're not even running damage setup in your chest but a weird curse setup instead. The ball lightning in Mjölner definitely isn't enough for damage and you've gone some solo on the passive tree as well, especially the Unnatural Talent node jumps in the middle of the tree.
Also, are your resists even maxed or am I just inadequate user of PoB?
For anyone intrested:
Reached lvl 94 and probably will go the first time ever to 100 with this build. Killed farmed some uber elder, some shaper and am now spamming t15 toxic sewer and t16 city square with sextants and 100%+ quant. im only at delve 250, but exploring darkness and delving has never been easier for me.

All been done with under 5 ex investment (see fron page, my gear has been added there) and with GMP in mjölner (i like the greater coverage and faster movespeed of balls, but still maintaining high STDPS from 6link body armor).

Got 10 ex now, but dont really feel the need to spend a few hours min/maxing my gear yet. And well, 10 ex is still not enough to really improve my gear.

All in all: there are dozens of build guides around, but not many really deserve the title. Today any build can clear all content with 5-10 ex budget, but this one at least for me is outstanding as it kills on the move (always loved cyclone), moves very fast and can facetank everything that is not ment to oneshoot you.

At least for me, it will be very hard to find another build that feels so good to play like this one for next league.
"
KrazyFruit wrote:
"
dsata wrote:

Having not played this myself yet and seeking answers, I can already tell that you're not even running damage setup in your chest but a weird curse setup instead. The ball lightning in Mjölner definitely isn't enough for damage and you've gone some solo on the passive tree as well, especially the Unnatural Talent node jumps in the middle of the tree.
Also, are your resists even maxed or am I just inadequate user of PoB?

Well you are for sure new if you don’t understand the linking in the chest. Duel curse in HC for melee chars is typically a must to prevent one shots and also fortify is huge. I can’t get fortify anywhere else so I figured I’d go safe route but I am certain that the build won’t work without the chest now. Unnatural Instinct is a QoL jewel and not needed. My Res are above 90 so all above max. Again I am playing HC so I have to make some changes to adapt to not dying but I can tell I may need to go back to another setup in chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info