[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Hey, love this build but wondering what should i upgrade next (what will be biggest upgrade) i have 10 ex to spare

Last edited by PanZajac on Oct 17, 2019, 3:12:34 PM
"
XZanarkandX wrote:
Hi,
Currently using this build for specifical bossing and delving. I have a question, I'm sitting around 7.3k ES and max res. I seem to be getting one-shotted by physical dmg. Are we solely relying on Granite flask to tank for us? Or am I doing something wrong? Note, my gems aren't level 20 yet either. Should be able to view my character.

7.3k ES is very low for this bulid. I would upgrade the chest first. But if you are getting one shotted with 7.3k ES, I think the attack is meant to be one-shot you, because most life-based builds have less than 7k life. You have to physically dodge one-shotting attacks.
Granite flask is useless against heavy damage.

"
Gebimmel wrote:
Can anyone explain me a bit more detailed, what the point of Ghost Reaver and Zealot's Oath is?

Besides from Sanctitiy this build doens't have any life regen. Is there just nothing better to skill the one talent point into? Also i don't see any life leech at all in this build? Do you take Ghost Reaver just to boost Soul Thief?

Because you use Zealotry you create consecrated ground, and if you are on it you gain 6% life regen. So you gain 7% ES regen for 1 passive point.

The life leech portion of GR is completely useless in this build. However, GR doubles maximum ES leech rate. If you have 10k maximum ES, your maximum ES leech rate is 1k ES/s without GR, and 2k ES/s with GR. So GR grants you around 1k ES leech/s for 2 passive points.
"
PanZajac wrote:
Hey, love this build but wondering what should i upgrade next (what will be biggest upgrade) i have 10 ex to spare

Your amulet and ring don't have good strength or all attributes mods, so I would upgrade them first. Hopefully you have an empty suffix and beastcraft aspect of the spider. You need level 4 enlighten to use the spider.
I found some good amulets here (not sure if it will be available when you check it)

Also your body armour has room for improvement. I would look for 700+ ES.
I just beat UElder for the first time with your build ! Thank you so much I never had this much fun playing PoE.

https://pastebin.com/F1Zg4daw

This is my current build, I guess that as of right now I can only start min/maxing or do you see something flagrant that I should change.
"
JakeLuhrs wrote:
I just beat UElder for the first time with your build ! Thank you so much I never had this much fun playing PoE.

https://pastebin.com/F1Zg4daw

This is my current build, I guess that as of right now I can only start min/maxing or do you see something flagrant that I should change.

Hi, your gear is already decent. Before min-maxing, I would suggest the following:
1. (easiest) Crafted mod of your body armour should be changed to strength/quality, this way you gain around 100 more ES.
2. (optional) I don't think this build relies on ES recharge, so I would change the crafted mod of your ring to the add fire & lightning damage mod.
3. 21/0 ball lightning gems deal about 8-9% more damage than 20/20 gems. This is probably the easiest upgrade (35c x 2). Of course you want 21/20 gems later, but 21/20 ball lightning became very expensive lol.
4. Any upgrade after that should be very expensive or requires a lot of trials. Good luck!
A couple of things:

Haven't seen ascendancy order. did I miss it?

Tried to switch from casting balls to cyclone at lvl 38 and quickly realized I don't have enough crits/speed to generate balls at this level.
Any tips on when is the build strong enough to switch. I prefer the easy play of cyclone to manually casting balls and want to switch asap

"
snowmittens wrote:
A couple of things:

Tried to switch from casting balls to cyclone at lvl 38 and quickly realized I don't have enough crits/speed to generate balls at this level.
Any tips on when is the build strong enough to switch. I prefer the easy play of cyclone to manually casting balls and want to switch asap

You can see the order in the passive tree section. The order is shown in red.
I also played CoC ball lightning at level 38, but crit chance was not high enough. that's why I recommend switching to CoC at lecel 68 in this guide. Before you complete the second lab, your crit chance is so low that self-casting ball lightning is much stronger.

If you still want to use CoC at level 38, there are some tips:
1) use a high crit, high aps weapon. I used Mortem Morsu.
2) Make sure your hit chance is high enough. If not, use high-level precision.
3) use diamond flask.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 19, 2019, 3:38:47 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
snowmittens wrote:
A couple of things:

You can see the order in the passive tree section. The order is shown in red.
I also played CoC ball lightning at level 38, but crit chance was not high enough. that's why I recommend switching to CoC at lecel 68 in this guide. Before you complete the second lab, your crit chance is so low that self-casting ball lightning is much stronger.

If you still want to use CoC at level 38, there are some tips:
1) use a high crit, high aps weapon. I used Mortem Morsu.
2) Make sure your hit chance is high enough. If not, use high-level precision.
3) use diamond flask.

Thanks,
That did the trick, the diamond flask makes a big difference.
Leveling with cyclone is so much better now
"
snowmittens wrote:
A couple of things:

Cast while Channelling
Honestly this build is disgusting, I was deleting T16s at level 75 and my gear has room for improvement.

Definitely taking this one to 100 and thanks for the guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info