[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

How do you deal with stuns / achieve stun immunity?
"
How do you deal with stuns / achieve stun immunity?

Just keep spinning, while cycloning you are immune to stun, watchout for cold though it can freeze you even while you are spinning.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Played this build again, no Mjolner though (sorry!).

T16 100% delirium video

Items:

Gem levels are low because they just got level 20.

PoB(the fork version is recommended): https://pastebin.com/dEuppaqu
For jewels, see the PoB given above.

Currently sitting at 15M Shaper DPS including flasks, vaal RF etc.
Defensive layers include 10k ES, 49% block chance, fortify, and ES on hit.
Total cost is roughly 50ex so far.
After optimization Shaper DPS will be more than 20M.

Will write a new guide if someone is interested.
"
N0esy wrote:
Played this build again, no Mjolner though (sorry!).

T16 100% delirium video

Items:

Gem levels are low because they just got level 20.

PoB(the fork version is recommended): https://pastebin.com/dEuppaqu
For jewels, see the PoB given above.

Currently sitting at 15M Shaper DPS including flasks, vaal RF etc.
Defensive layers include 10k ES, 49% block chance, fortify, and ES on hit.
Total cost is roughly 50ex so far.
After optimization Shaper DPS will be more than 20M.

Will write a new guide if someone is interested.

How much different is the non Mjolnir Guide and what are the pros/cons. I just scrapped my main char and am thinking of trying this out. Got a good 80ex to spend :D
I'm also curious as to why no mjolner too. A guide is needed.

BTW does anyone have POB of the mjolner version?
Last edited by ryukenden on Mar 31, 2020, 12:13:17 AM
Great job! I play a Mjölner and there is just not enough DPS. I will focus on this version, because I can’t optimize my DPS (zDPS on 5 Del Orbs). Thanks for the great builds!
"
koluchiy143 wrote:
Great job! I play a Mjölner and there is just not enough DPS. I will focus on this version, because I can’t optimize my DPS (zDPS on 5 Del Orbs). Thanks for the great builds!

I keep looking at poe.ninja for tree and gear recomms. Its not a written guide or a super detailed PoB but it is something to work with.

Just started the league a few days ago so I only invested about ~200c into my build but atm I have no problems with low-mid tier yellow maps.

Getting the Str cap for Mjölner while maintaining max Res is the hardest part tho. My next big upgrade will probably be a higher Str Amulet so I can switch out Rings into Mark of the Shaper + Elder rare combination.
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:

How much different is the non Mjolnir Guide and what are the pros/cons. I just scrapped my main char and am thinking of trying this out. Got a good 80ex to spend :D

After the nerf to shaper's touch, you cannot justify to invest so much in strength, so I decided not to use Mjolner.
With a rare sceptre, you can have more dps because it has much more aps and base crit chance. I don't even need increased crit support in the main link so I can use a damage support instead. My DPS used to be 6-8M with Mjolner, and now I'm aiming at 20M. If you decide to go LL, you'll have more than 30M I guess. Gearing is easier because you don't have to get strength from all pieces of your gear. The new unique gloves are also nice, you deal 30-35% more damage if you drop a vortex. You'll lose accuracy rating by dropping shaper's touch, but you can use the "hits can't be evaded" on your weapon instead.

The cons are:
1) Less ball lightning procs, which means less ES on hit. This can be kind of solved if you get 52% cooldown recovery speed and 10 aps, assuming that hitting 10 aps with Mjolner is not realistic.
2) Crafting a good sceptre is difficult and can cost a lot. I bought all the Karui sceptres with T1 AS + T1 crit and failed annuling the unnecessary suffix. No wonder there are no such items on the market now... But you don't need a good AS roll until you get 52% cooldown recovery speed. My sceptre has a bad AS roll but it is actually perfect for now.
If you don't need fortify (from the cluster jewel mod overlord), you can use a claw or a dagger, which are easier to craft.

With 80ex your character will be stronger than mine.

Edit: added some explanation.
"
"
koluchiy143 wrote:

I keep looking at poe.ninja for tree and gear recomms. Its not a written guide or a super detailed PoB but it is something to work with.

Just started the league a few days ago so I only invested about ~200c into my build but atm I have no problems with low-mid tier yellow maps.

Getting the Str cap for Mjölner while maintaining max Res is the hardest part tho. My next big upgrade will probably be a higher Str Amulet so I can switch out Rings into Mark of the Shaper + Elder rare combination.

FYI, with 100% delirium (5 delirium orbs), every white mob is as tanky as T16 map bosses without delirium. This is why he felt zDPS on 5 delirium orbs. It is ridiculous to see a character with 3M DPS struggling to kill a white mob.
Last edited by N0esy on Mar 31, 2020, 8:06:53 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:

After the nerf to shaper's touch, you cannot justify to invest so much in strength, so I decided not to use Mjolner.
With a rare sceptre, you can have more dps because it has much more aps and base crit chance. I don't even need increased crit support in the main link so I can use a damage support instead. My DPS used to be 6-8M with Mjolner, and now I'm aiming at 20M. If you decide to go LL, you'll have more than 30M I guess. Gearing is easier because you don't have to get strength from all pieces of your gear. The new unique gloves are also nice, you deal 30-35% more damage if you drop a vortex. You'll lose accuracy rating by dropping shaper's touch, but you can use the "hits can't be evaded" on your weapon instead.

The cons are:
1) Less ball lightning procs, which means less ES on hit. This can be kind of solved if you get 52% cooldown recovery speed and 10 aps, assuming that hitting 10 aps with Mjolner is not realistic.
2) Crafting a good sceptre is difficult and can cost a lot. I bought all the Karui sceptres with T1 AS + T1 crit and failed annuling the unnecessary suffix. No wonder there are no such items on the market now... But you don't need a good AS roll until you get 52% cooldown recovery speed. My sceptre has a bad AS roll but it is actually perfect for now.
If you don't need fortify (from the cluster jewel mod overlord), you can use a claw or a dagger, which are easier to craft.

"
"
koluchiy143 wrote:

FYI, with 100% delirium (5 delirium orbs), every white mob is as tanky as T16 map bosses without delirium. This is why he felt zDPS on 5 delirium orbs. It is ridiculous to see a character with 3M DPS struggling to kill a white mob.

Thank you sir. You were definitely right about the Karui Sceptres, half decent ones seem to be very hard to find. Will have to settle for a low tier attack speed for the moment.

Also, just curious as to whether the Helm Enchant : Wrath Has Reduced Mana Reservation is necessary on a Hubris or whether I should still be searching for a Increased Damaged to Ball Lightning.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:

The cons are:

"
"
koluchiy143 wrote:

Oh ouch. Okay so is this build more like a prestige one now and I should rather take one of the meta builds to be effective this league? Like facebreaker Champion Cyclone?
Because I am really having fun with CoC Ball Lightning

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info