[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
IWannaPeonU wrote:

Thank you sir. You were definitely right about the Karui Sceptres, half decent ones seem to be very hard to find. Will have to settle for a low tier attack speed for the moment.

Also, just curious as to whether the Helm Enchant : Wrath Has Reduced Mana Reservation is necessary on a Hubris or whether I should still be searching for a Increased Damaged to Ball Lightning.

The wrath enchant allows me to run discipline + zealotry + wrath. If you go for 40% increased ball lightning damage, you must replace wrath with aspect of the spider or herald of thunder. I believe my current setup has the most damage, but I can be wrong. You also have to use level 5 enlighten (+1 from the gloves' implicit) just in case you didn't notice it. If you got level 5 woke curse on hit, you can use the elemental weakness implicit instead of the +1 level for the second curse slot. But my plan is to get assassin' mark on hit from an elder/shaper hybrid ring.

"

Oh ouch. Okay so is this build more like a prestige one now and I should rather take one of the meta builds to be effective this league? Like facebreaker Champion Cyclone?
Because I am really having fun with CoC Ball Lightning

You are not forced to run 100% delirium maps. There are no extra rewards, etc. Also this build can do 100% delirium maps with 50 ex budget, which is a good news for you.

However, as always, this build is not the best league starter. I personally prefer to earn currency by playing another build first.
By CDR 52% where are you getting it from? Very new to CDR break points. I do not see it on your gear other than belt, do you mean Block and Recovery? |

Btw by 30 mil LL do you mean life leach? sorry for questions
Last edited by Hagun744 on Mar 31, 2020, 1:35:24 PM
"
Hagun744 wrote:
By CDR 52% where are you getting it from? Very new to CDR break points. I do not see it on your gear other than belt, do you mean Block and Recovery? |

Btw by 30 mil LL do you mean life leach? sorry for questions

I only have 20% CDR so far, and in this case, my optimal attack per second (aps) is 7.57. I have 7.56 aps, so it's perfect.
With 52% CDR the breakpoint becomes 10.1 aps, so you will be able to proc more ball lighting every second. CDR can be obtained from the following:
1) max 20% CDR from your belt,
2) max 15% CDR from your boots,
3) 22% CDR from level 5 awakened cast on critical strike support.

This is a lot of investment as awakened cast on crit strike support costs 18.5 ex now and you have to level it up to level 5. CDR on boots is not easy either but I hope I can get the CDR mod on using a Crusader's exalted orb on my current beautiful boots.

You can read the following article if you are interested in the breakpoints and CDR stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

LL stands for low life. You basically reserve your life by using blood magic support or more commonly a unique shield "Prism Guardian" to make your life lower than 35% of your max life. So you can use more auras than normal CI builds that gives more damage. In addition, you can take the Pain Attunement keystone for 30% more damage. LL builds deal more damage at the cost of some defense. LL builds tend to be more expensive as well. Therefore, it is typically recommended to play a CI build first even if you plan to play a LL version. You can change the build to the LL version once you earn enough money.
Last edited by N0esy on Mar 31, 2020, 2:40:00 PM
Dude ty so much for this, I have been playing a PBV I got ~ 50 EX was looking to see how this build would do. I do a fuckton of damage, but I am squishy as F on PBV.

I am trying to figure out how to best go about getting gear for this, should it be crafting? Do i want max Ilevel bases? The scepter seems like hell to get, I have a 82 warlords one I can use as a base to craft off of but that seems a waste.

Do you need the recovery on the gear and the shield chance to block?
Last edited by Hagun744 on Mar 31, 2020, 2:51:17 PM
I have a 6l 86 ilevel vaal reg base, fossil craft I assume?
"
Hagun744 wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to best go about getting gear for this, should it be crafting? Do i want max Ilevel bases? The scepter seems like hell to get, I have a 82 warlords one I can use as a base to craft off of but that seems a waste.

Do you need the recovery on the gear and the shield chance to block?

I'll write a new guide by the end of this week, but I need more play testing & time for writing. The guide will include how to craft some items. At the moment I don't have time to tell everything about the crafting.

Assuming that you are aiming at 7.57 aps and not 10.1 aps breakpoint at the beginning, you don't need a sceptre with a high attack speed. Buy a sceptre that has similar aps and crit chance to mine with an open prefix. Then simply craft the "hits can't be evaded". Alternatively, if you have an open prefix and an open suffix, you can:
1) craft the "suffixes cannot be changed"
2) Orb or scouring
3) craft the "cannot roll attack mod"
4) crusader's orb slam
5) multimod "hits can't be evaded" + "spell damage/non-chaos as extra chaos hybrid".

Remember that this procedure costs a lot and that the crusader slam can fail.

Self-crafting attack speed & crit chance is not recommended as it has a very low success chance.

Edit: Yes, dense fossil crafting should be the best for vaal regalia.
Last edited by N0esy on Mar 31, 2020, 3:05:58 PM
cool ty will try and figure it out as I go while the guide comes along :D thanks so much for all the help.

So just for the chest, focus on dense fossil crafting with primitive resonators?

Thanks again
"
Hagun744 wrote:
cool ty will try and figure it out as I go while the guide comes along :D thanks so much for all the help.

So just for the chest, focus on dense fossil crafting with primitive resonators?

Thanks again

Yes, that works.

Another trick is that you can buy the copy beast "Fenumal Plagued Arachnid" and copy your 6-linked vaal regalia. Then craft one of the vaal regalia with a dense fossil. If the craft gives half-decent result, instead of rerolling you can sell it for some profit, and then buy another copy beast. I think this is a good way to craft a very good vaal regalia, as rerolling an OK-ish vaal regalia is a waste of money.

Edit: Before you copy your vaal regalia make sure that its quality is 30%.

Good luck!
Last edited by N0esy on Mar 31, 2020, 3:20:42 PM
Will this work or does it need to be crit chance? Bought it for 3c ahahaha. Gonna use crit chance on ammy instead and multimod this with spell dmg and hits cant be evaded eventually when I can reach 52% CDR which is insanely expensive
Last edited by IWannaPeonU on Mar 31, 2020, 6:33:18 PM
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:
Will this work or does it need to be crit chance?

I think the crit chance mod is the most important, as we don't want to use increased crit support. The high AS mod is not necessary unless you are already aiming at 52% cooldown recovery speed.

Just to clarify, a crit chance mod on a secptre is like a "more" multiplier, while a crit chance mod on an amulet is like an "increased" mod. So a crit chance mod on an amulet cannot make up for the lack of the crit chance on this sceptre.
Last edited by N0esy on Mar 31, 2020, 6:41:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info