[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
maciek2g wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

Yes, a helm with those stats would definitely beat starkonja. I would suggest extra curse and crit for the chest for better single target. I haven't tried an explody chest, but my priority is always single target. Get % extra cold/fire on your sword and amulet if possible and you'll see huge damage increases. I recommend % cold fire on your sword instead of multi actually, but both if at all possible. Forget about cluster jewels, our tree is already efficient af.

Thanks for fast reply!
Unfortunatelly, I cant add influence to fractured weapon right? So I have to take multi instead

And ofc I have to finish that Foil ;)

Maybe I can use second Foil with those extra cold/fire instead of Paradoxica/Survivor?

About chest, curse and crit chance are both Hunter mods and ofc Im taking them. Not sure what to take as second influence, redeemer with frenzy on hit (single target) or crusader with explode for clear. Guess I'll see that later once I see hw build is doing.

I did some testing in POB and its better to have a 420pds sword with phys as extra cold than it is to have a 550dps sword without it.
"
I did some testing in POB and its better to have a 420pds sword with phys as extra cold than it is to have a 550dps sword without it.

The dps difference isnt that big from what I see in my theorycrafted PoB
And 550pdps is like twice cheaper and I bet a lot of easier to craft because of fractured merc.

"

Saviour should beat literally any foil since it theoretically doubles your damage with clones out. Frenzy on hit would be godly for single target. I forgot about that mod too, since I usually just stick to Belly and Starkonja and quit the league before striking it rich. Looking forward to seeing what you put together!

I made it in PoB so far and ended up with around 11m sirus dps... not sure tho If ill be able to get same result with 160ex budget. Anyways, will start crafting that after work ;)

Also, I'm not sure how to count Saviour dps, as its not calcualted by PoB?

https://pastebin.com/YEeNSFU2

Edit#
Well, I fossil spammed untill I hit something that could go up to 550 pdps... but not sure what to do next, low crit and speed... reforging it will be expensive, so Ill probably craft rest of gear first and then I decide if I want to start fossil spamming for something better.

Anyways, rings and ammy went pretty well and not that expensive, if anyone is intrested I can describe crafting process.
There is still life to fix and that T2 crit maybe on rings... but still, I like it ;) T2 accuracy on ring and ammy should be sufficient for 100% hit chance.

Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 18, 2020, 5:41:49 PM
"
maciek2g wrote:
Spoiler
"

The dps difference isnt that big from what I see in my theorycrafted PoB
And 550pdps is like twice cheaper and I bet a lot of easier to craft because of fractured merc.

"

Saviour should beat literally any foil since it theoretically doubles your damage with clones out. Frenzy on hit would be godly for single target. I forgot about that mod too, since I usually just stick to Belly and Starkonja and quit the league before striking it rich. Looking forward to seeing what you put together!

I made it in PoB so far and ended up with around 11m sirus dps... not sure tho If ill be able to get same result with 160ex budget. Anyways, will start crafting that after work ;)

Also, I'm not sure how to count Saviour dps, as its not calcualted by PoB?

https://pastebin.com/YEeNSFU2

Edit#
Well, I fossil spammed untill I hit something that could go up to 550 pdps... but not sure what to do next, low crit and speed... reforging it will be expensive, so Ill probably craft rest of gear first and then I decide if I want to start fossil spamming for something better.

Anyways, rings and ammy went pretty well and not that expensive, if anyone is intrested I can describe crafting process.
There is still life to fix and that T2 crit maybe on rings... but still, I like it ;) T2 accuracy on ring and ammy should be sufficient for 100% hit chance.

Those rings and neck are sweeeeet! Wow, that Foe Whirl with 42% melee damage, that's crazy.

Saviour dps is not calculated at all by PoB, because Saviour clones can copy any attack. Both clones do 50% of your damage, so just take your PoB dps and double it. If you're seeing 11 mill with saviour/foil, then when your clones are up, it is effectively 22 mill. Anything should be dead in a matter of seconds at that point, so the time it takes to spawn the clones also has an effect on total dps, but we can't really calculate that either.
I finally finished gearing and I went to test DPS on Sirus - almost instaphased! Died before he could make die beam. And left something good:

Overall, I spent around 90ex and I think I'm done. There is still room for improvement, like T3 life on ring, 53% chaos res (can get 8 more with just divines) and ofc T5 attack speed on Foil and a lot of divines left to do here and there, but I'm not sure I need anything else.

I know that helmet base is a bit strange, but that was all I could find with that enchant.

Foil was pure luck... I still have one with fractured merc and another with merc + Essence T0 attack speed lying around. I even bought 10 imprint beasts as I wanted to try craft on that T0 attack speed merc Foil, but while I was farming a phys seeds for that, I spammed few "Reforge with physical modifiers" on random Foil I had in stash, then out of nowhere:
-T2 %
-T2 flat
-T1 crit multi
-phys leeched as mana

What's funny, on same Collector I had "Remove random phys", 1/3 chance but totaly worth it, mana was gone.
Attack speed aug wasn't so lucky, but then I slammed with Redeemer Ex and after 11 "Remove - add cold" I hit T1 Phys as extra Cold... That was quite a ncie suprise since from what I saw, its 1/53 chance.

To sum up, I ended up with almost 10m Sirus DPS and 6.2k life and over 50% chaos res.
My perfect theordycrafted PoB showed me something like 10m dps and a bit less than 7k life, so overall I'm quite happy with results.
Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 21, 2020, 4:23:43 PM
"
maciek2g wrote:
Spoiler
I finally finished gearing and I went to test DPS on Sirus - almost instaphased! Died before he could make die beam. And left something good:

Overall, I spent around 90ex and I think I'm done. There is still room for improvement, like T3 life on ring, 53% chaos res (can get 8 more with just divines) and ofc T5 attack speed on Foil and a lot of divines left to do here and there, but I'm not sure I need anything else.

I know that helmet base is a bit strange, but that was all I could find with that enchant.

Foil was pure luck... I still have one with fractured merc and another with merc + Essence T0 attack speed lying around. I even bought 10 imprint beasts as I wanted to try craft on that T0 attack speed merc Foil, but while I was farming a phys seeds for that, I spammed few "Reforge with physical modifiers" on random Foil I had in stash, then out of nowhere:
-T2 %
-T2 flat
-T1 crit multi
-phys leeched as mana

What's funny, on same Collector I had "Remove random phys", 1/3 chance but totaly worth it, mana was gone.
Attack speed aug wasn't so lucky, but then I slammed with Redeemer Ex and after 11 "Remove - add cold" I hit T1 Phys as extra Cold... That was quite a ncie suprise since from what I saw, its 1/53 chance.

To sum up, I ended up with almost 10m Sirus DPS and 6.2k life and over 50% chaos res.
My perfect theordycrafted PoB showed me something like 10m dps and a bit less than 7k life, so overall I'm quite happy with results.

using can't roll attack mods on foil gives 100% chance at % phys to extra fire/cold with aug fire/cold/physical if suffix is blocked which helps if you got the extra ex
Last edited by abood218 on Aug 21, 2020, 4:39:38 PM
Spoiler
"
maciek2g wrote:

-T2 %
-T2 flat
-T1 crit multi
-phys leeched as mana

Super crazy awesomesauce man, grats! Crazy nice foil. Link your completed PoB! Just 90ex is amazing, you have a godlike setup now. You still need to finish catalysts on your ring and belt.
"
abood218 wrote:

using can't roll attack mods on foil gives 100% chance at % phys to extra fire/cold with aug fire/cold/physical if suffix is blocked which helps if you got the extra ex

Well I did not think about that... I'm glad I spent only 2-3 ex on remove/add cold, because if I'd have to use like 50 of those rerolls just to realize I could achieve same result with 1-3 rerolls until T1, I'd be so mad...

"
roguemjb wrote:

Super crazy awesomesauce man, grats! Crazy nice foil. Link your completed PoB! Just 90ex is amazing, you have a godlike setup now. You still need to finish catalysts on your ring and belt.

Thanks man ;) I'v already applied catalysts and I divined chaos res to 60+, I also realized that I didnt configure my PoB crrectly... it turned out that single target dps is around 10.5m while boss is on full life and 12.5 when he is on low life.

https://pastebin.com/2xN5LsqU

However, did you try another skill than Flicker Strike? For some reason, it feels a bit strange sometimes, from what I heard Saviour may be the reason for that because of its clones, but I'm not sure about that.
Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 22, 2020, 3:57:13 AM
"
Thanks man ;) I'v already applied catalysts and I divined chaos res to 60+, I also realized that I didnt configure my PoB crrectly... it turned out that single target dps is around 10.5m while boss is on full life and 12.5 when he is on low life.

https://pastebin.com/2xN5LsqU

However, did you try another skill than Flicker Strike? For some reason, it feels a bit strange sometimes, from what I heard Saviour may be the reason for that because of its clones, but I'm not sure about that.

I'm going to feature this in the guide. First build I've seen that is so well optimized. I made some changes to your PoB to be consistent with how I have mine posted. Fortify should always be checked for example. Also, if using Bottled Faith and have flasks checked, then Enemy on Consecrated Ground should be checked.

https://pastebin.com/AmkdGuqP

16.5 mill dps or 10.89 Sirus dps. You can easily see how good Saviour is by putting your rare sword in both hands, you get 24 mill, but Saviour dps is the 16.5 mill doubled, so 33 mill vs 24 mill. The only time Saviour is worse is the split second before clones are spawned.

Absolutely bonkers set up. I'd love to see some boss kills!

Added your PoB to front page.

As far as Flicker goes, I still enjoy it more than anything else. The saviour clones make it feel a bit different, but still fun. Frost Blades is my second choice for clearing. If you want a skill that is slower paced and allows you to distance yourself from groups of enemies, it works great and is visually appealing as well.
Last edited by roguemjb on Aug 22, 2020, 4:32:17 PM
"
Frost Blades is my second choice for clearing. If you want a skill that is slower paced and allows you to distance yourself from groups of enemies, it works great and is visually appealing as well.

Would the links change at all if swapping to frost blades? I kinda want to give it a try. How would it compare? I love flicker but sometimes it can get a little too crazy. Would be nice to have a safer alternative to try.
"
roguemjb wrote:

I'm going to feature this in the guide. First build I've seen that is so well optimized. I made some changes to your PoB to be consistent with how I have mine posted. Fortify should always be checked for example. Also, if using Bottled Faith and have flasks checked, then Enemy on Consecrated Ground should be checked.

https://pastebin.com/AmkdGuqP

16.5 mill dps or 10.89 Sirus dps. You can easily see how good Saviour is by putting your rare sword in both hands, you get 24 mill, but Saviour dps is the 16.5 mill doubled, so 33 mill vs 24 mill. The only time Saviour is worse is the split second before clones are spawned.

Absolutely bonkers set up. I'd love to see some boss kills!

Added your PoB to front page.

As far as Flicker goes, I still enjoy it more than anything else. The saviour clones make it feel a bit different, but still fun. Frost Blades is my second choice for clearing. If you want a skill that is slower paced and allows you to distance yourself from groups of enemies, it works great and is visually appealing as well.

Thanks man, I really appriciate that!
Unfortunatelly, I'm not going to stay active during the league anymore, in fact I'll most likely try to sell that stuff, buy few House of Mirrors to gamble and just quit after.

About boss kills, that is tricky, my PC is very low end, I have 2 easy bosses recorded, but as you can see, performance is so bad that Dynamic Resolution is up almost all the time.

Redeemer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGeMOr_dbvs

Elder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFi8IN2fzA

"
Shinasen wrote:

Would the links change at all if swapping to frost blades? I kinda want to give it a try. How would it compare? I love flicker but sometimes it can get a little too crazy. Would be nice to have a safer alternative to try.

On movie above I'm running
-Fortify (from boots)
-Elemental damage with attacks
-Multistrike
-Melee physical damage

I've been trying to run this as 6l too, then I just added Ancestral Call, I must say it felt really good to clear, in my personal opinion better than Flicker Strike, but I just couldnt get use to Flicker. Single target dps is ofcourse lower, but enough for T16 bosses so I'd say you could run 6l Frost Blade for mapping and switch to Double Strike only for Conquerors / Sirus / Elder / Shaper.
Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 23, 2020, 5:49:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info