[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
Gamite wrote:
legion sword no longer works with flicker strike. Is this build to dead to play with all the damage nerfs? can you post a link to the new updated tree before league starts =) and if you will be playing assassin or not. I really wanna do this build at league start but im worried with all the damage nerfs.

&
"
Lo6adka wrote:
So is this build is still good in 3.11 or we should find another for league start ?

Looks like we lost about 15% damage so far. The Herald of Purity change is not in yet, but we will almost assuredly be switching that for Herald of Ash. Switching to HoA from HoP is not actually a big loss at all, and the extra clear from the secondary effect is really nice. I think it will be more like 16% damage loss total. Not the end of the world, but by far the most significant nerf to this build I can think of right now.

As far as Saviour goes, it will still work with Flicker, it just doesn't work with Ancestral Call or Tribal Fury anymore. It will be just as good on bosses, but the Saviours will do less work for you when clearing. Some people actually complained about the Saviours clearing ahead of them in maps.

Tbh, idk what I will play at league start yet. This will still be a great league starter and you won't notice a change unless you're minmaxing at endgame (like most of us probably do). But, I have been playing this for years, I might try out tectonic slam with Berserker. I haven't played a 'slam' skill since Ground Slam was just a wavy animation with no spikes, farming Merciless Ledge. It's hard to imagine loving anything as much as Flicker though.

Almost missed it: updated PoB
https://pastebin.com/jR267agT
Last edited by roguemjb on Jun 18, 2020, 7:31:41 PM
"
dizz wrote:
Not sure how I feel about War Bringer Berserker Ascendancy node.

It says exerted attacks get a 50% more multiplier, but seeing as how the warcries all tend to have 8s cooldown, and only exert 4-5 attacks, that 50% more multiplier on exerted attacks will be shortlived unless you lower cooldowns on warcries by investing a ton of points in the skill tree. You then have to mix in warcries a lot, which is easier with the instant-warcry keystone, but then it shares cds with other warcries, making it so you can't weave more than one.

Also, enduring cry won't count for this as it doesn't have any exerted attacks tacked on.

Probably better off just taking the regular 4 berserker ascendancies: Rite of Ruin, Blitz, Flawless Savagery, and the dangerous but ridiculous Aspect of Carnage.

The only flicker build I played in the past was a pure Flickzerker build (no other attack skills except ancestral warchief for singletarget) and while it wasn't great for bossing, it was absolutely nuts for yeeting through maps.

Yeah, unless GGG makes some changes to War Bringer, it looks stupid. GGG wants people to disregard all attack speed and power up big slow hits, which will never happen in this game. It would be neat if it didn't sacrifice so much rage to use it. Hitting slow is lame, and so much micromanaging to do any damage is lamer.
I'd try making a 2H variant of your build, but not sure how good I am at making builds. Maybe I'll take a stab at it. Not sure what ascendancy to go though.

I think 2h has some good potential for later, since even though the main uniques got nerfed, I believe it overall got +15% dps on it's base items.

Hopefully sick crafts aren't gated to just the top 0.1%.. but it probably still is though, even if this is a crafting league.
Last edited by dizz on Jun 18, 2020, 9:18:18 PM
"
dizz wrote:
I'd try making a 2H variant of your build, but not sure how good I am at making builds. Maybe I'll take a stab at it. Not sure what ascendancy to go though.

I think 2h has some good potential for later, since even though the main uniques got nerfed, I believe it overall got +15% dps on it's base items.

Hopefully sick crafts aren't gated to just the top 0.1%.. but it probably still is though, even if this is a crafting league.

I considered that too, but the other hit is the crit chance and multi nerfs to most of the passives. I'm sure the exquisite blade will still be the best base for crit builds still, but it also had it's crit chance and implicit multi nerfed. The base dps went from 101 to 120 though. I will play around with a 2 hand variant in PoB.
I made a basic 2h variant. I'm not an exceptional buildcrafter by any means though, nor have I tried your current build or know the inner workings of it well, only kind of read over it a bit today.

Anyways, here is my 2h variant mock up: https://pastebin.com/izEjLXDq

Note that it's level 100 I think, so it's not really practical. Just a mockup build I whipped together in like 15 minutes. XD

The notables for it I guess is the overwhelm 27% physical resistance. Anyways, you're likely to do better than me, so I await your version.

I'm still pretty set on flicker for Harvest, but I kind of want to go full flicker and not doublestrike, and hope for the best. lol

Alternatively I could try an Oro's Sacrifice flicker raider or something, but since those builds are so focused around Oro's & fire, they are pidgeon-holed into a single restrictive item that can't be changed, the one that brings the most dps to the build: the weapon. And that kind of sucks big time for trying to minmax when/if you're rich and you you can't replace Oro's, because you'd basically have to reroll.

Do you think Assassin is still the best bet for your build, if it was 2h? It does seem pretty fairly rounded I guess, but it's also crit-focused, and crit took some heavy hits this patch. I made a different 2h mockup build using no crit and Resolute Technique instead (a Slayer), but it may or may not suck badly. lol

There's not a whole lot of builds floating around for 3.11 Flickerstrike right now, sadly. Melee is not looking in too good of a state for 3.11, is probably why.
Last edited by dizz on Jun 18, 2020, 11:25:01 PM
Spoiler
"
dizz wrote:
I made a basic 2h variant. I'm not an exceptional buildcrafter by any means though, nor have I tried your current build or know the inner workings of it well, only kind of read over it a bit today.

Anyways, here is my 2h variant mock up: https://pastebin.com/izEjLXDq

Note that it's level 100 I think, so it's not really practical. Just a mockup build I whipped together in like 15 minutes. XD

The notables for it I guess is the overwhelm 27% physical resistance. Anyways, you're likely to do better than me, so I await your version.

I'm still pretty set on flicker for Harvest, but I kind of want to go full flicker and not doublestrike, and hope for the best. lol

Alternatively I could try an Oro's Sacrifice flicker raider or something, but since those builds are so focused around Oro's & fire, they are pidgeon-holed into a single restrictive item that can't be changed, the one that brings the most dps to the build: the weapon. And that kind of sucks big time for trying to minmax when/if you're rich and you you can't replace Oro's, because you'd basically have to reroll.

Do you think Assassin is still the best bet for your build, if it was 2h? It does seem pretty fairly rounded I guess, but it's also crit-focused, and crit took some heavy hits this patch. I made a different 2h mockup build using no crit and Resolute Technique instead (a Slayer), but it may or may not suck badly. lol

There's not a whole lot of builds floating around for 3.11 Flickerstrike right now, sadly. Melee is not looking in too good of a state for 3.11, is probably why.

Here's what I came up with quick using an exquisite blade listed in trade: https://pastebin.com/P5WxB8H6 It's about 64% of the dps of using one handers. Looks about the same as the tree you came up with.
Here's one for Slayer: https://pastebin.com/ZAJJTZVJ Headsman and Bane of legends are so good, for both bossing and clearing. Very viable. Neither even break 10 mill (double strike) with everything turned on though, and the sword is listed at 20 ex. One handers still beat it, but it could be a fun change of pace.
Hey I was just wondering how SSF-friendly this build is? Doing private league with a few friends to spice up the game and was really interested in this build, it looks really good and like lots of fun
I believe that the build will be viable. PLS GGG)
my name is harvest seedovich
I have faith in you getting this to work!

My starter is either this or Soulrend again, and I kinda don't want it to be soulrend...
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Gamite wrote:
legion sword no longer works with flicker strike. Is this build to dead to play with all the damage nerfs? can you post a link to the new updated tree before league starts =) and if you will be playing assassin or not. I really wanna do this build at league start but im worried with all the damage nerfs.

&
"
Lo6adka wrote:
So is this build is still good in 3.11 or we should find another for league start ?

Looks like we lost about 15% damage so far. The Herald of Purity change is not in yet, but we will almost assuredly be switching that for Herald of Ash. Switching to HoA from HoP is not actually a big loss at all, and the extra clear from the secondary effect is really nice. I think it will be more like 16% damage loss total. Not the end of the world, but by far the most significant nerf to this build I can think of right now.

As far as Saviour goes, it will still work with Flicker, it just doesn't work with Ancestral Call or Tribal Fury anymore. It will be just as good on bosses, but the Saviours will do less work for you when clearing. Some people actually complained about the Saviours clearing ahead of them in maps.

Tbh, idk what I will play at league start yet. This will still be a great league starter and you won't notice a change unless you're minmaxing at endgame (like most of us probably do). But, I have been playing this for years, I might try out tectonic slam with Berserker. I haven't played a 'slam' skill since Ground Slam was just a wavy animation with no spikes, farming Merciless Ledge. It's hard to imagine loving anything as much as Flicker though.

Almost missed it: updated PoB
https://pastebin.com/jR267agT

"Tbh, idk". What is this?) Told me pls) cz im noob))
my name is harvest seedovich

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info