[3.13] Spark. Tanky, great clear speed, super fun to play.
For any questions regarding this build, please use this thread. If you see any mistake in the guide, please notify me about it. Also if you have any suggestions for improvement, feel free to post them here. Do not PM me, others may have same question. Read FAQ!
Anything written in this section overrides that topic in the rest of the guide. Everything else stays the same.
Pious Path gives huge defensive buff. All life regen applies to ES as well. So by just using Vitality, there is more es regen, then before.
DPS wise, the loss of cast speed from Pious Path is more than negated by buffs to Sanctuary and Righteous Providence.
Due to ability to stack crit chance with strength(usually the lower stat) through Righteous Providence, a lot of crit chance could be dropped. This is huge potential DPS gain(up to 2x!!!), because all this crit chance can be replaced with other sources of damage.
Best is to adjust gem setup. It must be adjusted through the progress of gearing up. More info in gem section of the guide.
Build got significantly better now.
1. Alternate quality of Spark with 2 pierce and/or anointing of Piercing Shots gives the possibility to replace Pierce Support with better DPS gem. There are 3 candidates ordered by best DPS: Awakened Controlled Destruction, Arcane Surge (only of Watcher's Eye for Arcane Surge proc from Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry is available), Controlled Destruction or maybe new Pinpoint Support.
There is also the possibility to keep Pierce Support, then anoint is free to chose or it can be dropped in favor of good corruption. In that case 2 extra projectiles from alternate quality is better.
1st is higher DPS option, 2nd give way more flexibility.
2. Defensive nerf due to nerfed Glancing Blows. Still very good thing to pick up. On top of it that keystone was moved and is not reachable from templar jewels socket with thread of hope. So the great combo of very large thread of hope in templar socket + Runebinder + Glancing Blows + Tireless + 1 point Precision was also nerfed. There is no other way now, then to go down there and take Glancing Blows.
3. Change to curses is a nice single target DPS buff. The Power Charge sustain while clearing is questionable now. Possibly need to use the brand from time to time. But it is also not important to keep them for clearing and can be ignored. Having Enfeeble somewhere is very good now even without +1 curse, since mark from ring will affect only rares and bosses.
4. Vitality reserving flat mana is a huge buff. This means for a budget version enlighten lvl 3, HoT and lvl 1 vitality can be used. Or Replace HoT and HoI with Wrath for max DPS. For endgame with just a little investment into reservation reduction Discipline (in helmet) and lvl 1 Vitality (anywhere else) can be used. My recommendation is to use intuitive leap in witch jewel socket and get Discord Artisan and 1 more small node for herald reservation.
5. Overall buffs with possible alternate qualities.
Better then default alternate Qualities
All in order of goodness. If the gem is not listed here, none of the alternate quality variants are better, then default for this build.
Spark - see #1
Spell Echo - Supported Skills have 10% increased Cast Speed
Pierce Support - if Spark has extra pierce, then "Projectiles from Supported Skills that have Pierced deal 40% increased Damage" is better, else "Projectiles from Supported Skills Pierce 2 additional Targets"
Increased Critical Strikes Support - Supported Skills have +5% to Critical Strike Multiplier, Supported Skills have 10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill
Leap Slam - 10% increased Attack Speed
Fortify Support - Supported Skills have 4% increased Fortify Effect
Cast when Damage Taken Support - Supported Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
Vitality - You and nearby Allies deal 20% increased Damage while on Full Life
Zealotry - You and nearby Allies have +5% to Critical Strike Multiplier
6. Old trees can be used as is, nothing (besides Glancing Blows Position) was changed for this build. Here is a link to Community Fork PoB with recommended base trees for cluster jewel and non cluster versions (mainly for Vitality change) https://pastebin.com/MVzh3kBx
P.S. with very minor adjustments this build can be used for Crackling Lance.
5. Gear + Gems
8. Cluster Jewels
9. SSF Endless Delve adventure.
I wanted to make a build, which could do Blight encounters and maps with ease. But also not be lacking in other aspects of the game and also not be a meta one, so it will be cheaper to do. The only piece of content, i haven't mastered with this build, is HoGM.
- good clear speed
- ez blight
- no need to aim
- minimum budged to feel good(tankieness and dps wise) is 5ex (as of 23.09.2019). I used about 15ex for my gear.
The tankieness of the build mainly comes form good regen, leech, block and good HP pool(7-8k).
- leech comes form Vitality Watcher's Eye jewel and Energy Leech Support.
- regen comes mostly from Inquisitor ascendancy.
- block is acquired through 2 items, Duskdawn and Stone of Lazhwar, and tree. And then it gets doubled by Glancing Blows to have 75/75 block chance for the price of receiving portion of the damage on block.
Other contributing factors to good defense are Fortify, Aspect of the Spider and CwDT + Steelskin + Cold Snap.
In Uber Elder kill video i made quite a few mistakes and was forgiven. In blighted map there is a moment of me eating a lot of damage and surviving.
Main skill in this build is Spark. I felt, that Spark dps wasn't good enough for high HP bosses, so I decided to upgrade my Storm Brand from Power Charge generator to a boss dps helper.
Due to crit nature of the tree, this build can be played with any spell, that can crit, by adjusting the tree slightly.
5. Gear + Gems
Crafting a 5 mod multimod armor like mine is not possible anymore. Multimod was nerfed to 3 mods max.
If you would like to craft an armor yourself, there are 3 easy ways. At start you need shaper or hunter armor. I would recommend to look what other possible mods from those pools you personalty would like and roll that influence (for example +1 curse or anti reflect).
1st spam chaos, until something acceptable comes out.
2nd more deterministic methods. Alt/aug until crit chance mod and a good prefix pops. Now either imprint, regal, repeat until 3 good mods or regal without imprinting. 2nd option may leave you with bad 3rd mod, then either just multimod or reroll whole item from scratch.
3rd use harvest:
- spam reroll item with caster modifier. This is the easiest way to get decent armor. Those harves craft are common.
- augment an armor with free suffix with caster modifer. You are guaranteed to hit spell crit.Caution, on hunter armor, if it has free prefix, additional curse can also proc. Block prefix with some bench craft.
- spam reroll item with crit modifier. Good for shaper armor, on hunter armor attack crit can proc as well. This crafts are rare.
- augment an armor with free suffix with crit modifer. You are guaranteed to hit spell crit on shaper armor, hunter armor can get attack crit.
T2 mod can be rerolled with augment remove caster/crit modifier to t1.
Current gear is slightly better, than at a time of Uber Elder Kill.
Reasoning behind gear choices:
At start i used Kaom's Heart as a "budged" version and had my Storm Brand 4L in the place of current CwDT setup. This armor gives slightly more HP pool, very good dmg boost and another 6L.
30% block by default, good damage stats and access to staff nodes. Easy weapon to get. Can be replaced buy any other staff, but may need some block compensated from somewhere else.
Saves at least 3 points on the tree and enables Herald of Ice. Also has great saving grace potential with Feast of Flesh. Which Spark enchantment to use, doesn't really matter, all 3(damage, projectile speed, extra projectiles) are great and have their pros and cons in comparison to each other. For bosses, the smaller the arena is, the better proj speed or extra proj becomes. Spark can hit same enemy with a proj from the same cast every 0.66 sec. Increasing number of proj or proj speed, increases the chances of this happening exactly after 0.66 sec. In big arenas, like the Sirus fight, increased damage is better. Extra proj or proj speed is also better for clear speed, since that increased damage is really not needed. I use increased damage, since that was the one i could get for cheap.
Just great gloves for Spark.
Helps greatly with capping spell block. Anointing Enigmatic Defence saves another 3 points on the tree for a great node.
(outdated for leagues, still possible in standard) Doubles the block chance. There are 2 jewel sockets on the tree, where this jewel can be used. One below between witch and shadow. In this spot Pain Attunement should be used to be converted to Glancing Blows. Another at scion start with mana and life regen nodes, Here Elemental Equilibrium is used for conversion. Which spot to use exactly depends on the Timeless Jewel. Which ever will give better stats.
Life leech and great synergy with Inquisitor ascendancy. Every time Consecrated Ground is created, Arcane Surge is gained, having it basically permanently on. This build can't get arcane surge by conventional means, since it uses Energy Shield instead of Mana.
One of those to spam Sparks everywhere. To have two of them is not necessary, i find another loss of at least 15% Spark duration is not worth the gain.
Ez curse, ez life.
Just amazing flask overall. Just needs to have some flat fire damage to spells somewhere on the gear to benefit form those ignite effects. In my caste it is on the abyss jewel in the belt.
Gems(links in order of importance):
In 3.13 the Righteous Providence was changed. It allows to stack crit chance with strength/intelligence. Because of it there is no universal best setup for Spark/Storm Brand anymore. It must be adjusted while gearing up.
Spark + Storm Brand
Spark - Pierce - Crit Chance - Spell Echo - Energy Leech - Controlled Destruction
Storm Brand - Power Charge On Critical - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus - Energy Leech - Increased Critical Strikes
If Watcher's Eye with Arcane Surge is acquired: Replace Controlled Destruction with Arcane Surge in starter setup for Spark. Storm Brand stays the same.
If Body Armor with spell crit is acquired: Replace Crit Chance with Added Lightning in starter setup for Spark and with Controlled Destruction for Storm Brand.
Endgame setup with Arcane Surge Watcher's Eye, CC Body Armor and Assassins Mark Ring:
Spark - Pierce - Spell Echo - Energy Leesh - Arcane Surge - Controlled Destruction
Storm Brand - Power Charge On Critical - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus - Energy Leech - Arcane Surge
Absolute endgame setup with awakened gems:
Spark - Pierce - Awakened Spell Echo - Energy Leesh - Awakened Controlled Destruction - Awakened Added Lightning
Storm Brand - Power Charge On Critical - Concentrated Effect - Awakened Elemental Focus - Awakened Controlled Destruction - Awakened Added Lightning
Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Fortify
Cast when Damage Taken lvl 11 - Steelskin lvl 16 - Increased Duration - Cold Snap lvl 14
Vitality - Zealotry - Herald of Ice
Auras can be asjusted to personal preferences. Only Zealotry is a must.
Aspect of the Spider and Assassin's Mark from gear. Aspect of the Spider can be crafted on any rare piece of gear with a free suffix. For budged reasons, i would recommend to craft it on boots or belt.
One gem socket remains free. I started using Withering Step and having it on my LMB, so it is uses every time it is ready, when i move.
Current (3.13) PoB - https://pastebin.com/ErQswwD4
PoB comunity fork!Thread of Hope + Intuitive Leap (3.11) - https://pastebin.com/JrCjSvH6
Thread of Hope or Intuitive Leap can be used as separate entities. Both are great endgame upgrades.
Thread of Hope - Pros: 2 brands for significantly more boss DPS, some extra life. Cons: harder to cap resits, slightly less Spark DPS, good roll can be pricey.
Intuitive Leap - Pros: about 10% more DPS with DPS anoint, way cheaper (02.07.2020), then a good rare jewel, flexible anoint Cons: no life and resists for a rare jewel.
Old (3.11) PoB - https://pastebin.com/grDYs3iw
Old (3.8) PoB - https://pastebin.com/p5a4zwL1
Uber Elder/Blighted Map (3.8) PoB - https://pastebin.com/L2gFqBsq
For non duration based skills i would suggest following tree. Significantly more dps(about 25%), a bit less life(about 370). Use Lethal Pride to transform Pain Attunement. For AoE skills get Enigmatic Reach, may also want to reallocate some points for Amplify and/or Blast Radius.
PoB - https://pastebin.com/BDXx7zny
If defense is priority, then:
Sanctuary -> Pious Path -> Righteous Providence -> Inevitable Judgment
If dps, then:
Righteous Providence -> Inevitable Judgment -> Sanctuary -> Pious Path
Pious Path is very important for defense. It's night and day difference in terms of tankiness, if Pious Path, MoM and EB are used. It's like going from "i die all the time" to "i don't give a fuck" when getting those Key Stones. My recommendation is to go the defensive route.
Ryslatha, can be swapped to anything else
1. Why is there a jewel missing in PoB?
PoB does not show Timeless Jewel. Yet? I have Lethal Pride in that socket.
2. Why Elemental Equilibrium(EE)?
EE is transformed to Glancing Blows by Lethal Pride. It is either EE or PA for Lethal Pride.
3. Why Pain Attunement(PA)?
Same as EE, just got better stats from Lethal Pride in that spot. It is either EE or PA for Lethal Pride.
4. Can this build be done with other classes?
Yes. Witch, Shadow, and Scion. But how good it will be, i can not tell.
5. What is that timer in the middle of the screen? And is it legal?
Part of mercurytrade, timer for my flask. Yes, it is legal.
6. What priority do different stats for damage have?
Exact priority depends on the current gear.
General priority is: %of damage as extra > crit multi > cast speed > skill effect duration > increased spell/projectile/general damage > flat lightning > flat cold > flat fire > increased lighting damage/projectile speed > crit chance > flat phys/chaos
This list is not claiming to be complete or correct. Compiled it form my experience without concrete math behind it.
8. Cluster Jewels
This section is not complete. There are so many possible variations and interactions, that i couldn't cover them all. I will update this part of the guide, if some new useful information will be available to me.
Base build - https://pastebin.com/XkPPyqd8
Comparison with normal build:
- significantly higher DPS potential, especially against bosses.
- highly customizable and flexible.
- less total HP pool
- some cluster jewels can be very expensive, adding to build cost.
- needs more dex on gear.
Large Cluster Jewels
Any none unique jewel is best with 8 passives and 2 jewel sockets. More passives will increase point requirement to acquire all the notables and sockets.
There are 3 viable bases for rare jewels:
1. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Lightning Damage (enchant)
This has the best DPS potential.
- Doryani's Lesson - Removes the need of Vitality Watcher's Eye. Vitality can be replaced with Discipline. Is a must have imo.
- Thunderstruck - Very good extra defensive layer with knock back and some damage.
- Snowstorm - Best DPS node.
- Prismatic Heart
2. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Elemental Damage (enchant)
This one has only one good combination:
Doryani's Lesson + Prismatic Heart + Sadist
Is a somewhat budget version of the 1st jewel.
3. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Spell Damage (enchant)
This base is good for getting spell block.
Conjured Wall + Mage Hunter give 10% spell block.
One of the following can be added to it:
- Sap Psyche
- Essence Rush
As a 4th option Voices unique jewel can be used to get more of medium/small ones.
Medium Cluster Jewels
These rare jewels can be with 4 or 5 passives, in both cases both notables and the jewels socket can be taken with 4 points. They need to have 1 jewel socket and 2 notables.
Here i find also only 3 bases viable.
1. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 5% increased Effect of your Curses (enchant)
I recommend to get 1 of those, best DPS increase. Master of Fear, must have. Combine with Evil Eye or Wish for Death.
2. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 15% increased Critical Strike Chance (enchant)
Here 3 notables are worth taking: Precise Retaliation, Precise Commander and Pressure Points, all are about the same in DPS power.
3. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 15% increased Warcry Buff Effect (enchant)
Curse jewel can be replaced with this one. Just need to have a warcry and use it all the time, while the other one is passive.
Haunting Shout is a must. Can be combined with Cry Wolf, Lead by Example, Provocateur or Rattling Bellow.
Megalomaniac can be used as well. This unique jewel can have any 3 different notables, which can roll on any cluster jewel, doesn't matter the size. The the Possibilities are almost endless.
Here is example of one, i chose to use:
Small Cluster Jewels
For the socket in medium cluster jewel there are 3 possibilities:
1. Added Small Passive Skills grant: 4% increased maximum Life (enchant)
This small jewel to get as much life as possible, many Notables are viable there.
2. Normal jewel with a life roll for balanced option.
3. Natural Affinity. The buff from this jewel is amassing for fights with a lot of standing. Pretty much useless on clearing and fights with a lot of movement.
My current gear in Delirium
PoB - https://pastebin.com/57gm2sft
9. SSF Endless Delve adventure.
Here is a version of a build i used to level to 90 in Endless Delve event at the end of the Heist league (3.12). That was a perfect opportunity for me to see, how good the build is in SSF environment.
1. From depth 171, where mobs lvl 83 start, i felt the need for a 6L. Lvl 80 mobs were easy cruse mode.
2. This exact version is possible without the unique shield. A combination of spell block mod on shield, stone of lazhwar, arcane guarding and tempest shield will easily cap block with glancing blows. I tried to chance stone of lazhwar with no luck.
3. Bossing is bad with my current gear.
4. I died a total of 17 times on the way to lvl 90. 13 times before lvl 55, most of it before lvl 10 (here i could use vitality). At lvl 55 i could allocate pious path EB and MoM. 1 time to Kurgal, forgot about his beam. The rest on nodes with rogue exiles and some nasty mods at lvl 80+, until i got anti curse flask.
Tips for SSF:
1. start leveling as many sparks in 2nd weapon set, as possible. Use all vaals on the to get vaal spark asap.
2. chance stone of lazhwar. Remember to keep few chance orbs for buying gems.
Community fork PoB:
lvl 78 - https://pastebin.com/pBaPwNCq
lvl 90 - https://pastebin.com/A3dFVFG7
Last edited by 1337fun on Feb 8, 2021, 10:48:19 AM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2021, 7:52:41 AM
on Sep 23, 2019, 3:05:57 PM
on Sep 23, 2019, 3:06:05 PM
Any tips for leveling?
on Sep 23, 2019, 8:17:26 PM
I was using spark from the start. Frost bomb as help till 12 and replaced it with storm brand after and continued with regular setup.
Dual wielding axiom perpetuum till i could use the staff. 1 praxis ring is very nice, if u r using tabula. Karui ward is awesome. Otherwise standard lvling stuff.
on Sep 23, 2019, 8:28:04 PM
Oh thx, and about the tree, Any tips on which way to go first?
on Sep 23, 2019, 8:52:18 PM
All the templar nodes besides staff, witch, scion life wheel and duration nodes, shadow. Staff nodes as soon as u start using it.
on Sep 23, 2019, 9:15:01 PM
Thx, i go leveling this \o/
on Sep 23, 2019, 9:53:55 PM
I started to play with this build and its really really fun to play.But i have a few question about this build;
1. How can you trigger EE with this build?
2.im a big fan of arc skill, can i play with arc and how can i setup my gems(and wich glove should i pick)
sorry for my bad englando :)
on Sep 25, 2019, 7:58:32 AM
2. replace pierce with controlled destruction. Shadows and Dust is a good choice or some rare ones. I personally would go for rare with good life and cast speed and then craft some dmg mod on top.
on Sep 25, 2019, 9:25:23 AM
oh i see , thank you for feedback
on Sep 25, 2019, 10:15:44 AM