Performance and Stability

your legion launch burned my 1070 i can never forgive you guys for that . You guy didnt even acknowledge it till now.
chaotic neutral
"
Imbryill wrote:
Again, with the waves thing, and since the two games are similar enough in theme anyway...:
This. Is a "Wave Stone"

In the game that this comes from, you can spend resources to "enrage" it

Gem bombs and combining when?

Thank you for this update really appreciated!
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
CONTO wrote:
Do blighted encounters especially in blighted maps in waves waves.
It is impossible to complete blighted maps, if u don't have build that utilizing some proliferation/ or if u are alone.
Also it will reduce some "constant" server calculations.

This this this!
This is how TD works, you gather the points and THEN you have a moment to spend them and plan, not run around in panic or just stand next to the pump and kill the mobs (again, in panic). It would improve the experience oh so much more, you can still do "crowded" waves but please give us at least a few seconds to plan the next move, at least in the blighted maps.

Also, it would really help us to see what we actually kill, because the clusterfuck that has started few leagues back is unbearable, I only receive the notifications that I killed some monsters for the first time but I can't even see how they look like. Why bother designing them so thoroughly if we can't see them?

There is still time to save this league because the idea is great, even for an aRPG but improvements to the gameplay and overall experience must be made. For now, most of us feel like we're playing beta, (for the 3rd? 4th? league) not the actual game.

Is it really necessary and worth it to release leagues every 3 months just to listen to players whine for the first 1,5 months?

If the arguments above don't work, think about this: Who buys microtransactions from beta?

PS. The league has some really great improvements to the general game, for example masters' missions, so great job, I can finally ignore everything but delve and Zana ;)

edit: oh and PLEASE: more blighted maps, please!
Last edited by Ayrede on Sep 20, 2019, 4:57:28 AM
While (succinct) technical details are nice, you avoid talking about the root cause that brought you in this situation: you perform ZERO stress-testing and your QA is inexistent or utterly clueless.

It is literally impossible not to detect these problems if you run any kind of stress tests ahead of time. "We didn't know minions will create such problems". Well gee, who could've predicted most people will play minion builds? Or who could add 1+1 and realize that melee minions will inherit the melee changes you've made merely months ago? Certainly not the game designers!

Either that or your QA department is running tests using only Arc witches on super computers every league and calling it a day.

You're also hinting that even if QA or the server people would raise concerns regarding performance, gameplay design team can trump them no matter what.

In any case, this reeks of bad management. These problems don't stem from poor skills of individual engineers. Stiff 3 months cycles where you have to deliver something no matter how broken, combined with constant (infinite) growth is a huge mistake.

You guys dug yourself into a hole and every league you dig it deeper. Unless there's a critical shift in your approach all the progress you made in the past 2-3 years will be rolled back and you'll extinguish this game back to a niche title.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
Although im disappointed with the game stability issue yet im glad that GGG is acknowledged the issue and trying to fix the issue with communicate with game communities. Keep it up guys!
at least you know it's the "calculations" per second happening when you create a league based on puking alot of high hp dummies and call it a league.. TD+ARPG don't mix well, I hope you learn this..

okay now off my I don't like TD modern games throne.

Your systems needs some changes in 4.0 too many calculations, too many mobs, too many complex systems that when something breaks for a new patch, league or anything you can't find quick solutions but sadly some of the bugs are gamebreaking.. sure they are "RNG" based but I believe you can prevent this by simply making a decision when you create something to not be complex to impress or who knows why you take some decisions..

3.8 is a good patch with good qol changes but the league is just not doing good for the game overrall..

edit: With this post from chris wilson I hope some naysayers will realize that there's INDEED issues with the performance of the game blight just made it worse.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Sep 20, 2019, 5:32:32 AM
Poeple complaining about lag have never experienced desync days. PoE has come so far in performance its sad people still are ignorant about it.
Nice post Chris. Usually its all love but it seems everyone is angry as hell. Thanks for being so transparent and I think yall are doing a great job. Even if I have my own complaints, Never see other game Devs being so honest. We appreciate it.
Hello Chris,
I really appreciate the honesty and it's great to be so open about mistakes, but this is not the first time in the last year that this happens and perhaps a little more Q&A is overly due on your side and -perhaps- a little less trying out things without thinking about the scale of the consequences.

At the end of the day we are still your customers, you know? Not your friends. We are gamers, sure, so we understand you a lot, brag a lot and give you a free pass on mistakes more often than we should, but I really think in the last year GGG has been way to overconfindent and made too many mistakes, even for his faithful gaming community.

A year ago your "Blizz" opponent made horrible mistake leaving a big opening for PoE to shine. I don't really think GGG used that opening well, I think you tried but you wasted much of it and now it's closing.

I really hope this post will be the last one about mistakes. I really hope GGG can turn this tide because this game deserves it, but that requires Big/Core changes, even in the way you see things and I'm not so confindent GGG are ready to do them.

"
Ayrede wrote:

Also, it would really help us to see what we actually kill, because the clusterfuck that has started few leagues back is unbearable, I only receive the notifications that I killed some monsters for the first time but I can't even see how they look like. Why bother designing them so thoroughly if we can't see them?

^ This 100%
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info