3.8.1 Patch Notes

Getting lot's of unexpected disconnects due to mass Lightning arrow booms in blighted maps. League is not rewarding and such bugs make it even worse :(
Any idea what today's restart is for?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Any idea what today's restart is for?

Additional IBMCloud servers, powered by potatoes
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Did a blighted map today and still had a portal spawn close enough to the pump for monsters to melee it as they spawned.... either the minimum spawn distance for portals is still not far enough or the melee range for mobs is larger than it should be.
Congratulations I didn't think It could get any worse for console players... what was that least playable in maps normal Maps seems almost unplayable now I don't know what you did but sure as hell didn't fix anything here( most of us console players understand that you made a mechanic in the game that's not playable for us) but now its almost unplayable in a normal high tier map to not just blight maps... if anything roll is back to the old update because this new one is worse
Atleast b4 we didnt have issues in normal map gameplay
"
MosesPlays wrote:
Not a SINGLE ,NOT EVEN ONE - Oil Cyst from Blight events in maps.
The entire day,since this patch was implemented.
Talking about something like 35 maps or so.
Pushing ladder without any oils RIP.
(r2sabo ssf btw)

Damn you must be unluckiest player out there what comes to oils :D I ran about 10 blighted maps yesterday after patch and got 1-3 oil clusters in EVERY map.
"
"
Genocider wrote:
You do realize it wasn't always like this? There certainly wasnt a clearspeed and thoughtless rushing mindset envelopping the entire game until like 2016. Not only has it only become only arguably a "core part" of the game recently

"Recently" is literally last 3 years. Like the half of the game existence. And statistics proves that it's what people like.

The leagues popularity are for sure telling us that clear speed and tons of loot is what the people need. Legion - everyone's happy, people doing 5-ways with party in the 3 month of the league, a lot of people doing Glaciers solo (finally solo farming was decent after league and league of aurabot+leechers meta). Blight - almost dead league after 2 weeks.

"
Genocider wrote:
with a complete lack of taste and who falls for the unsatisfiable gamer syndrome.

I want quality product, and it's pretty normal for customer to complain about getting bad product. The only good thing about that league is start without much lags.

Cassia is good too, but so was Kavas (I just like all of the Templar characters, Elreon and Gravicius too).

Just because people like it, does not make it good for the game. Hand out free shit in a poor neighborhood, and you will be swarmed with people that like you, but will it solve any long term issues ?

The worst thing GGG could have ever done, was this instant gratification nonsense, like the Race league and Legion. Now they have created this culture of players that don't want to grind for anything, just want everything for free, and easy, and quickly.

The problem is, you creating a situation that's not sustainable, as is evident this league. Everyone now compare this league to legion's rewards. So by doing something like Legion, you now have to keep pushing that bar, keep giving more reward, to stay ahead of that, else you get this forums full of "I want my stuff now" people.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Sep 20, 2019, 3:21:35 AM
"
Reduced the amount of monsters that spawn during Blighted Maps. The intention is to reduce the impact on performance while still retaining difficulty.

@Kieren_GGG

I´ve done a T10 blighted Map yesterday. Not a thing you can easily get this league. It was juiced to even +41% pack density but the result was just lame.
3 Minutes into the map I was asking myself: "When will it start?"
There were barely any mobs comming at all. In addition I could not finish the map, since one Rhoa was "undead".

The first unpatched Blight ran way better and was at least challenging. The current situation is plain boring.
"
Marinxar wrote:

The worst thing GGG could have ever done, was this instant gratification nonsense, like the Race league and Legion. Now they have created this culture of players that don't want to grind for anything, just want everything for free, and easy, and quickly.

That was best thing that GGG done though.

Most of players like this.

Minority who doesn't like that doesn't matters. It's majority who buying MTXs and playing the league. They will see dropping number of players and bring back something Legion-level again.

And we surely will have another race event this league, they always running it when league is bad.
"
"
Marinxar wrote:

That was best thing that GGG done though.

Most of players like this.

Minority who doesn't like that doesn't matters. It's majority who buying MTXs and playing the league. They will see dropping number of players and bring back something Legion-level again.

And we surely will have another race event this league, they always running it when league is bad.

Exactly the problem that they created for themselves. It's like giving your kid all he wants when he wants it. Now as he gets bigger, he just wants more and more, and you stuck with a whiney spoilt brat.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info