[3.14] VolaBomber | CwC - Volatile Dead Necromancer | All Content

Great and thanks for update! Do you have time to make new pob tree for us newbies?
"
Nadragh wrote:
Great and thanks for update! Do you have time to make new pob tree for us newbies?

I think something like this to begin with:
https://pastebin.com/3nkxAfrq
Question: Does this work without scolds? Im lvl40+ and i wonder if i can use cwdt setups and spawn enough balls without hurting myself and rely on enemy dmg?
"
Nadragh wrote:
Question: Does this work without scolds? Im lvl40+ and i wonder if i can use cwdt setups and spawn enough balls without hurting myself and rely on enemy dmg?

No. You should level up your character without Scold's.

For leveling you can use Cyclone + CwC + Volatile Dead + Desecrate setup.
It works but isn't really effecrive. I prefer leveling as normal caster
"
SiCH13 wrote:
"
Nadragh wrote:

Ok thanks. What gear pieces are required to do the change to cwc cyclone? i have voidbringer and scold's now and gonna buy kitava's teachings today.
"
Nadragh wrote:
"
SiCH13 wrote:
"
Nadragh wrote:

Ok thanks. What gear pieces are required to do the change to cwc cyclone? i have voidbringer and scold's now and gonna buy kitava's teachings today.

Voidbringer + Scold's is enough if you already took "The Agnostic". But it can be not so easy to sustain life without Kitava's because you need a lot of mana to allow "the agnostic" work properly.

BTW! I totally forgot that we need to take The Agnostic on tree. So my last PoB is fucked up a bit.

Fixed PoB:
https://pastebin.com/s3WgujfH
Last edited by SiCH13 on Jun 21, 2020, 9:54:16 AM
This may be a stupid question, but do you think, we could go non-crit on this build?
I levelled with an archmage self-cast VD (Desecrate on arcanist's brand works surprisingly well, once you get some cast speed e.g. from corpse pact). I don't feel like respecing a third of my tree to get the crit nodes near Shadow.

Probably would need a different weapon and elemental overload, right? Any ideas or opinions?
"
Silenc42 wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but do you think, we could go non-crit on this build?
I levelled with an archmage self-cast VD (Desecrate on arcanist's brand works surprisingly well, once you get some cast speed e.g. from corpse pact). I don't feel like respecing a third of my tree to get the crit nodes near Shadow.

Probably would need a different weapon and elemental overload, right? Any ideas or opinions?

You *can* but you'll have like no DPS in comparison. You would use Martyr of Innocence. You'd end up with more defenses but there's really not enough damage in the tree/clusters to make up for it.

Unfortunately I don't think CWC Scold's is that good anymore (I say that as the dude that wrote the other CWC Scold's guide xD). It works and it's a fun build but the damage/defenses really fall off when compared to Spellslinger VD.

Like, I'm jamming Archmage Cremation and getting 170k damage per projectile as it is at league start. That can go up to over 700k with min-maxed gear.

And it still has 40/50% MoM defense, Agnostic regen, Block, etc...

But RIP Scold's Cyclone CWC man. It really was a fun build. I'm also a bit curious on how much the cyclone nerf effects the build. Seems like it could be pretty bad. Kudo's to SiCH for keeping it going though. ^^
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Silenc42 wrote:

You *can* but you'll have like no DPS in comparison. You would use Martyr of Innocence. You'd end up with more defenses but there's really not enough damage in the tree/clusters to make up for it.

Unfortunately I don't think CWC Scold's is that good anymore (I say that as the dude that wrote the other CWC Scold's guide xD). It works and it's a fun build but the damage/defenses really fall off when compared to Spellslinger VD.

Like, I'm jamming Archmage Cremation and getting 170k damage per projectile as it is at league start. That can go up to over 700k with min-maxed gear.

And it still has 40/50% MoM defense, Agnostic regen, Block, etc...

But RIP Scold's Cyclone CWC man. It really was a fun build. I'm also a bit curious on how much the cyclone nerf effects the build. Seems like it could be pretty bad. Kudo's to SiCH for keeping it going though. ^^

Thanks for the Info. And Big (possibly lots of?) Kudos to both of you! You're my go-to guides last league and this. Had a lot of fun in Delirium and that's why I was aiming for it this league, too.

Currently, I'm running Gryph's Desecrate-Brand with self-cast Archmage-VD. But I was hoping for cyclone for the delve; that's always really comfortable.
But I guess, I can try out cremation this league.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I had a lot of fun last league with this build. Yes, it isn't that powerfull after 3.9 but I cleared all content and then reroled to herald stacking build.
The only major nerf in this league is that we are not stun immune anymore but we still have a lot of options. I think it is not dead. It is balanced maybe?)

BTW Tried new brand to trigger desecrate and VD at the same time. Didn't work well for me. I saw you made your own VD brand build. I'll definetely check it later.

Cheers to volatile deceased community! They can't nerf us. We are unbeatable. :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info