[3.14] VolaBomber | CwC - Volatile Dead Necromancer | All Content

Question for everyone - planned on this as my main character in 3.9.... however, now that Disintegrator will be extremely rare, CWC mod is gone from shaper items, and VD was nerfed to just 60 balls - what's the gameplan, then?

Who's got a plan?
"
cuorebrave wrote:
Question for everyone - planned on this as my main character in 3.9.... however, now that Disintegrator will be extremely rare, CWC mod is gone from shaper items, and VD was nerfed to just 60 balls - what's the gameplan, then?

Who's got a plan?

I think they nerfed CoC and Poet's Pen variations of VD Necro which generates shit tonn of balls.

My build generates 6 balls per cast and we have 2.86 casts per second. VD balls stay alive for up to 4.5 seconds if they didn't find any target.

6 * 2.86 * 4.5 = 77.22

So before patch we have been spawning 77 balls. Now it's capped at 60. Detonate dead didn't change at all. I think it's legit.

About staff. I think Martyr of Innocence is the weapon of choice until we found any other solution.

BWT now we have Awakened Spell Cascade and Cast while Channeling support gems.

Conclusion:
VD Necro still going to smash Metamorph. Let's go dude! :3
Last edited by SiCH13 on Dec 11, 2019, 1:58:48 AM
So excited to try this build in Meta! I am going to level as CoC + Cyclone VDD and if I feel too squishy for bosses I will spec into your build with CwC + Scolds.
Last edited by blobota on Dec 11, 2019, 3:10:00 AM
As a non native speaker, this sentence gives me a headache: "Hybrid Physical Damage and Support/Spell Damage and Support modifiers can no longer roll on two-handed weapons."

Too many "and". I don't know if the second and is distributive or not

Is it:

-Hybrid Physical Damage and Support/Spell Damage
And
-Support modifiers

where cwc shaper mod is dead or

-Hybrid Physical Damage and Support/Spell Damage
And
-Hybrid Physical Damage and Support modifiers

where only hybrid mods are dead (even though this second case does not make sense as the second line is included in the first).

Edit: Great news, a mod on the subreddit helped me read it right. It's the "/" that separate the two proposisions.

So the modifiers that take the form of "%increased physical damage + socketed gems are supported by X" as well as "%increased spell damage + socketed gems are supported by X" are gone from two-handed weapons. But the non hybrid mod are still here!
Last edited by Rootsmann on Dec 11, 2019, 4:06:39 AM
Yeah we're good to go! Can't wait!
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
So what's everyone going to level as? Quickest way to endgame, with necro? This guide is very light on leveling, so does anyone have a link to a more leveling-friendly build to use before getting Scold's, etc?
"
cuorebrave wrote:
So what's everyone going to level as? Quickest way to endgame, with necro? This guide is very light on leveling, so does anyone have a link to a more leveling-friendly build to use before getting Scold's, etc?

I leveled as regular Incinerate character in 3.7 and 3.8.

Then I farmed Blood Aqueduct using Incinerate-CwC-VD-Concentrated-Combustion for Tabula rasa divination cards because we need any 6-link at the begining.

After getting Tabula Rasa we can farm low tier maps.
My gem setup for Tabula was:

Cyclone - CwC - VD - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Concentrated

Damage output is not really great but it is enough for early mapping.
You can play Incinerate as long as you need. Passive tree is the same.
I personally don't like that "stand still" type of gameplay.

Also any racing setup will work pretty well too. Check out Havok or Tie23 videos on youtube.
Last edited by SiCH13 on Dec 11, 2019, 3:10:14 PM
"
SiCH13 wrote:
"
cuorebrave wrote:

I leveled as regular Incinerate character in 3.7 and 3.8.

Then I farmed Blood Aqueduct using Incinerate-CwC-VD-Concentrated-Combustion for Tabula rasa divination cards because we need any 6-link at the begining.

After getting Tabula Rasa we can farm low tier maps.
My gem setup for Tabula was:

Cyclone - CwC - VD - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Concentrated

Damage output is not really great but it is enough for early mapping.
You can play Incinerate as long as you need. Passive tree is the same.
I personally don't like that "stand still" type of gameplay.

Also any racing setup will work pretty well too. Check out Havok or Tie23 videos on youtube.

What do you think about adding the unique belt Hyperboreus for more damage? It's got a bit of life and res and that huge chunk of damage against chilled enemies seems quite good as well as the reduced speed.

Hyperboreus Leather Belt
Requires Level: 60
+(25–40) to maximum Life
+(30–40)% to Cold Resistance
Chill nearby Enemies when you Focus, causing 30% reduced Action Speed
grant_focus_skill [1]
(Chill reduces Enemy Action Speed for 2 seconds)
Focus has (15–25)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
(50–70)% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Chilled Enemies
Veiled modifier - Your Critical Strike Chance is Lucky while Focused or maybe Regenerate 120 Energy Shield per second while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby

I tried one. IMO the only useful mod on this belt is (50–70)% increased Damage. It's nice option to play with, but I prefer solid rare belt with big chunk of HP and resistances.

New Leash of Oblation belt that GGG annonced recently can be huge for this build, but I need to test it.

+(25-40) to maximum Life
+17 to all Attributes
+55 to maximum Life
25% reduced effect of Offerings
You can have an Offering of each type
Offering Skills have 50% reduced Duration
RIP never getting my staff again

Will probably be starting up the VD build again in 3.9 as well. Need a new weapon though. Ill probably go with Martyr like you mentioned above. The new belt should be absolutely insane for us and it lets use drop Mistress of Sacrifice.

Side note: The link you have on my approach has totally wrong gear. Could just delete that section as the rarity of my weapon kind of makes it a non-viable or an overly expensive option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info