3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

This is my current build after patch 3.19.
https://pastebin.com/fgyGYJdS

Once Awakened Minion Damage reaches level 2 I will be at around 13 Mio. DPS incl. Vulnerability Curse from my Merveils Retainer.
Nice and hopeful announcement

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3303679
Would be nice if they would at least give us the +2 to minion gems or the enhanced buffs of power and frenzy charges back. But a bit more minion survivability would be ok too, I guess. Its really a bummer playing my char now, after spending well over 100ex on gear and it just feels like the progress I made in the last month was completely obliterated. Zombies dying on a regular basis now, before the update their health was not moving an inch. And loosing 40-50% of damage in addition to the much lower survivability is hard to bear with.
"
Azrael Djerun wrote:
Would be nice if they would at least give us the +2 to minion gems or the enhanced buffs of power and frenzy charges back. But a bit more minion survivability would be ok too, I guess. Its really a bummer playing my char now, after spending well over 100ex on gear and it just feels like the progress I made in the last month was completely obliterated. Zombies dying on a regular basis now, before the update their health was not moving an inch. And loosing 40-50% of damage in addition to the much lower survivability is hard to bear with.

Minion survivability is bad even with all the passives (and more) I have allocated to keep them alive. My zombies, spectres die even in yellow maps even though I can clear a T15 map right now in the new league. So normally, I have to retreat just to respawn. I can't waste a portal, because random mob(s) are so overpowered right now and they kill me 3-5 times easily. They are more difficult than the map bosses. Progress is slow, and fast clears are rare. I think I'll be playing a lot less this league, the game is rather unplayable for me at the moment.
"
Minion survivability is bad even with all the passives (and more) I have allocated to keep them alive. My zombies, spectres die even in yellow maps even though I can clear a T15 map right now in the new league. So normally, I have to retreat just to respawn. I can't waste a portal, because random mob(s) are so overpowered right now and they kill me 3-5 times easily. They are more difficult than the map bosses. Progress is slow, and fast clears are rare. I think I'll be playing a lot less this league, the game is rather unplayable for me at the moment.

Ok this sucks.
I only play standard with my witch. Guess my gear compensates some of the nerves. But you shouldn't be 100ex+ deep into a build for it to become viable. Lets hope they do something about this... even if its just survivability.
I'm literally walking thru t16 maps doing +3 lvl abyss and farming essences with under 5 divines of gear. I almost never lose minions other than the occasional AW OR zombie that gets stuck by himself or ganged up on by a couple effigies. +max res on tree and shield AND block nodes.

BTW Im running ancient skull with 100% crit chance so they are always hearing whispers and they still live thru 20+ second fights with multpi effigies on kalandra 12-14 diff maps. Once a day or so I lose a chieftan. Maybe.

Currently swapped a few ges and usually run poison chance instead of the srs in my 6 link but feel free to check out my character. Nothing fancy and no +1 minion stuff anywhere. Nothing awakened.
"
I'm literally walking thru t16 maps doing +3 lvl abyss and farming essences with under 5 divines of gear. I almost never lose minions other than the occasional AW OR zombie that gets stuck by himself or ganged up on by a couple effigies. +max res on tree and shield AND block nodes.

BTW Im running ancient skull with 100% crit chance so they are always hearing whispers and they still live thru 20+ second fights with multpi effigies on kalandra 12-14 diff maps. Once a day or so I lose a chieftan. Maybe.

Currently swapped a few ges and usually run poison chance instead of the srs in my 6 link but feel free to check out my character. Nothing fancy and no +1 minion stuff anywhere. Nothing awakened.

Good for you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are more or less running a glass cannon setup? Aren't you dying all the time in juiced maps? Would be way to stressfull for me...but as long as you are having fun and it works, its cool.
I have another question.
I noticed that GGG changed the Essence of Fear and it now gives more damage bonus to minions and therefor my weapon is now sitting at 104% Minion Damage out of 123-144%. Is there any other way than wasting divine orbs? They (GGG) killed every other way of rolling modifiers, am I correct?
Harvest ain't working any longer. Really sucks. Getting a perfect item is so much more difficult by now.
"
Azrael Djerun wrote:
I have another question.
I noticed that GGG changed the Essence of Fear and it now gives more damage bonus to minions and therefor my weapon is now sitting at 104% Minion Damage out of 123-144%. Is there any other way than wasting divine orbs? They (GGG) killed every other way of rolling modifiers, am I correct?
Harvest ain't working any longer. Really sucks. Getting a perfect item is so much more difficult by now.

Consider essence crafting a new one. Use a base with a +1 socket level implicit (like the bow on my character: necrotaku_SEN). Fix the socket colors and links first, that is where I [formerly] used Harvest crafting and eventually Vorici for luxury white sockets. Annul orb what you don't need from the essence craft. So this is a little gambling which is what I always did for every league, the worst I ever did was gamble away 1ex (now 1div) worth of ingredients - annuls and essences). Once you just have only minion damage on the bow and nothing else, use Bestiary crafting to add another +1 socket (farric wolf alpha). Then add an aspect (avian) using Bestiary. Then bench craft "3 mods" to complete it. I never crafted my bow using Harvest during the league (never got what I could have used). The disadvantage of a minion bow is you can't cyclone (and I stopped doing this 8-9 leagues ago), but you can now use a quiver and maybe even a quiver with socket(s). No idea if any of this still works in 3.19 though, but I'll eventually craft a new minion bow for standard to take advantage of the new essence minion damage.

PS. I'm a glass cannon right now. I only have around 3500 eHP, so I keep my distance from the fights. But, I can dish out 5m DPS (for mobs, not bosses) and just used about 2 divs total for gear.
"
Consider essence crafting a new one. Use a base with a +1 socket level implicit (like the bow on my character: necrotaku_SEN). Fix the socket colors and links first, that is where I [formerly] used Harvest crafting and eventually Vorici for luxury white sockets. Annul orb what you don't need from the essence craft. So this is a little gambling which is what I always did for every league, the worst I ever did was gamble away 1ex (now 1div) worth of ingredients - annuls and essences). Once you just have only minion damage on the bow and nothing else, use Bestiary crafting to add another +1 socket (farric wolf alpha). Then add an aspect (avian) using Bestiary. Then bench craft "3 mods" to complete it. I never crafted my bow using Harvest during the league (never got what I could have used). The disadvantage of a minion bow is you can't cyclone (and I stopped doing this 8-9 leagues ago), but you can now use a quiver and maybe even a quiver with socket(s). No idea if any of this still works in 3.19 though, but I'll eventually craft a new minion bow for standard to take advantage of the new essence minion damage.

PS. I'm a glass cannon right now. I only have around 3500 eHP, so I keep my distance from the fights. But, I can dish out 5m DPS (for mobs, not bosses) and just used about 2 divs total for gear.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am kind of broke after buying the Awakened Multistrike :-D The only thing I could do is to use a my 2 remaining divines to reroll my weapon and hope for at least 135+%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info