[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Looks like it is still solid enough as a cheap league start for sure.

One thing I noticed, there's a new glove base this league called "Apothecary Gloves" on the atlas and that adjective tends to be poison associated. We'll see if that helps out.

But otherwise, for end game crafting we lost (assuming crafted chaos DOT multi is unchanged):
Elder 60% mod on claws

Stacking crit multi craft onto the above claw mod

Hunter influence poison damage mod (but got Chaos DoT as replacement)

Increased poison damage on ring Delirium essence craft

Potential upsides to investigate for end-game crafting:
Apothecary gloves if relevant

New cruelty buff/gem link (but states it scales better off larger hits, so probably not, but up to 50% and how it gets there is important).

How large the replacement 'local poison DOT modifier' is, and if it can
stack with benchcraft mod

Determininistic Chaos DOT to Amulet craft via Delirium Essence vs chaos rerolls on a hunter amulet. Likely doing the latter.

Not necessarily enthusiastic for end-game crafting prospects but that'll be what I'm watching for to see if I keep this to purely a league starter, or try to scale for endgame beyond dual Wasp Nests.

Cruelty could be good if it stacks fast, however you have to keep in mind that you would need to remove another support gem, so its not straight up 50% more.

Claws with double multi is not out of the equation at all if you craft on non-influenced bases. Its still the exact same process. You lose 40-50% increased poison damage and the double damage mod however. As a comparison:

Double wasp nest on my build: 20M dps on pestilent strike
Double Dragon Hunger without inc poison and the double damage mod: 30M dps on pestilent strike

Before hand it used to be 54M.

That's with massive investment on harvest crafted gear...
"
Cruelty Support: Increases hit damage, and grants a Cruelty buff which increased DOT damage and stacks based on the damage of your hits. Buff gives up to 50% more DoT.

1. The Cruelty multiplier is based off hit damage which is not what you typically scale on a poison build... will probably be good for bleed but I have trouble seeing it be good for both bleed AND poison.

2. "The cruelty support gem grants a buff called cruelty which increases the damage over time you deal with supported skills." So it's not like you can just slap this on a whirling blade and use it like an extra link for your main skill, it's still going to have to replace your 6th link...
Last edited by deathsoverture on Apr 14, 2021, 4:14:28 PM
After the Elder mod nerf, wouldn't it be a good way to go Apep's Slumber with Replica Soul Tether and self poison with Golden Rule and Maw of Conquest? That should give alot of eHP and chaos res cap.

EDIT: Also Petrified Blood as PF with life flask
Last edited by Vanderham on Apr 14, 2021, 5:54:15 PM

"
After the Elder mod nerf, wouldn't it be a good way to go Apep's Slumber with Replica Soul Tether and self poison with Golden Rule and Maw of Conquest? That should give alot of eHP and chaos res cap.

You can combine that as well with that winterbrand-ring and do some shananigans for mirroring action speed, but honestly... the second claw brings too much dps to miss out on, used to play with apep´s once and I was not convinced.
Apep's buffs looking good tho. Need POB to see how much dmg I'll loose versus 2. Wasp Nest.
"
Vanderham wrote:

And all the es melts away when you turn on Blood Rage... :/

It's not easy to compensate damage loss. Ill work on it during next week. My best bet would be stacking extra flat chaos damage.

I would also like to thank everyone posting over the last few days with the feedback from 3.13 league. I'm reading all posts just don't have much time to participate on the thread.
I'm glad you guys had good time. Some reached lvl 100 which is quite amazing.

Keep spitballing ideas for the new league. We will work something out. ;)

You can still league start with this build but given it's current limited gear progression, i would advise that this time you go with maybe something stronger.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 14, 2021, 6:45:28 PM
"

You get 400 ES/s from Apep's tho. With Soul Tether you should get around 2k ES w/o much investment, so Blood Rage degen would be no problem. Dunno if I miss something here.
Last edited by Vanderham on Apr 14, 2021, 6:48:51 PM
"
Vanderham wrote:
"

You get 400 ES/s from Apep's tho. With Soul Tether you should get around 2k ES w/o much investment, so Blood Rage degen would be no problem. Dunno if I miss something here.

Hm, might work but its really tight. Losing rare belt would make balancing resistances a nightmare.
Yeah also one jewel + helmet if you go self poison. But you get chaos res cap and some ES with the helmet.

EDIT: This looks more like a early league tanky poison PF. With Petrified Blood and a Life Flask and maybe even a Bismuth Flask (even Wise Oak?) you'll hit res caps with low investments with ~4.5k life / ~2k ES and around 2-2.5M SDPS (with PS tho!). Also around 45k armor, 400 ES/s, dunno how much L/s and LoH.

I killed Sirus8 with way less SDPS and Def. :)

EDIT2: Replica Soul Tether was quite expensive this league. So not easy to get for the first days.
Last edited by Vanderham on Apr 14, 2021, 7:13:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info