[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Dubstorm wrote:
"
JayCy wrote:
Any suggestions on crafting the Claws? yes I've read the guide, but maybe I'm just having awful luck. I cannot, for the life of me get the adds # to # chaos damage AND the chance for poisons to do 100% more damage to roll at the same time. Probably spent like 150C on Corroded fossils at this point. Maybe I'm just venting lol. Any weapon I've found worth a damn is at least 6 ex rn. I'll keep checking though.

My best results came after I started using Aberrant, Corroded and Metallic in a 3. Blocks so many unwanted mods and narrows the pool down a ton. Maybe give that a go.

Also, make sure the claws are ilvl 83+.

Sorry if you're already doing all of the above. Good luck!

Ah, ok. I'll give the Metallic a shot in there as well, thanks! Yes,it's a ilvl 83 base.
Any thoughts on swapping out Multistrike for an (Awakened) Unbound Ailments Support? POB says it gives 20-30% boost to DPS for me. *shrug*
ya idk you do way more dmg. I don't have your watchers eye, your claws are way better as well as neck, probably making a huge difference there.

Ill keep working on min/maxing cause fun build.

Kinda sucks how expensive uber elder attempts are now.
Last edited by dmitriya1 on Jan 2, 2020, 2:47:16 AM
"

I should have stopped reading right there ^^^

So you are playing with 1 claw in a build where passive tree has half dual wield damage nodes and 50% block that comes also from that... And it's squishy?
I mean, wtf rly?

Not 100% what all you did wrong because I can't see your char but pls follow the guide. You can see from the comments that players have Sirius 8 on farm even with lower damage than projected.

I obviously played with 2 claws, just one of them was (now it isn't) the "right" Imperial Claw with proper mods. So I had 1 Imperial, and second was some shi*** claw.

I was squishy even with those 2 claws (when compared to my typical spell builds)

I bought second Imperial yesterday, and it seems that upgrades dps (even if it's actually lower on tooltip).

So, probably I'm stupid (I rarely play attack builds, I main witches spellbuilds), because I thought that gems are enough, but it seems that scaling from these claws is super-important.

EDIT: yeah, red tier maps bosses now melts. Yuppi! I will check when i spawn some Conquerors, to check them too. But it seems that I made horrible mistake in not-buying the second Imperial Claw earlier... :(

BTW, I made my characters visible on profile. Hope now you can tell me I'm going in right direction ;)
Last edited by deeveejay on Jan 2, 2020, 4:53:43 AM
"
JayCy wrote:
Any suggestions on crafting the Claws? yes I've read the guide, but maybe I'm just having awful luck. I cannot, for the life of me get the adds # to # chaos damage AND the chance for poisons to do 100% more damage to roll at the same time. Probably spent like 150C on Corroded fossils at this point. Maybe I'm just venting lol. Any weapon I've found worth a damn is at least 6 ex rn. I'll keep checking though.

I tried to craft them myself, to the point I was out of Azurite, bought some Fossils etc. Lost a lot currency this way :))

Not worth in my opinion, I bought both claws, for like 4EX both.
"
deeveejay wrote:
"

I should have stopped reading right there ^^^

So you are playing with 1 claw in a build where passive tree has half dual wield damage nodes and 50% block that comes also from that... And it's squishy?
I mean, wtf rly?

Not 100% what all you did wrong because I can't see your char but pls follow the guide. You can see from the comments that players have Sirius 8 on farm even with lower damage than projected.

I obviously played with 2 claws, just one of them was (now it isn't) the "right" Imperial Claw with proper mods. So I had 1 Imperial, and second was some shi*** claw.

I was squishy even with those 2 claws (when compared to my typical spell builds)

I bought second Imperial yesterday, and it seems that upgrades dps (even if it's actually lower on tooltip).

So, probably I'm stupid (I rarely play attack builds, I main witches spellbuilds), because I thought that gems are enough, but it seems that scaling from these claws is super-important.

EDIT: yeah, red tier maps bosses now melts. Yuppi! I will check when i spawn some Conquerors, to check them too. But it seems that I made horrible mistake in not-buying the second Imperial Claw earlier... :(

BTW, I made my characters visible on profile. Hope now you can tell me I'm going in right direction ;)

Not Torstein but from the look of it, your gears were even better than mine! However, have you manage to cap Chaos resistance? I found that the earlier mapping experience I had was due to -22% Chaos resist and had made Hunter boss battle a headache for me. I swap one of my ring to Circle of Nostalgia, recraft and buy a lot of headgears and boots until I max all 4 resists. After that, survivability is hell lot better.

I also learn to zoom zoom around to avoid obvious attack queue from boss to save my molten shell from running out. This is the first char I have reached T16, but dare I say, the survivability of this build is far superior than others I have tried so far during my short playtime of this game. It all comes down to when to press Molten shell for me.
Last edited by HeliumHe on Jan 2, 2020, 6:10:03 AM
mbxtreme is now playing this build and streaming with it. Prepare for some prices to rise. He is saying great things about it.
"
HeliumHe wrote:

Not Torstein but from the look of it, your gears were even better than mine! However, have you manage to cap Chaos resistance? I found that the earlier mapping experience I had was due to -22% Chaos resist and had made Hunter boss battle a headache for me. I swap one of my ring to Circle of Nostalgia, recraft and buy a lot of headgears and boots until I max all 4 resists. After that, survivability is hell lot better.

I also learn to zoom zoom around to avoid obvious attack queue from boss to save my molten shell from running out. This is the first char I have reached T16, but dare I say, the survivability of this build is far superior than others I have tried so far during my short playtime of this game. It all comes down to when to press Molten shell for me.

Well, I have negative chaos res, which is generally fine for me while playing casual softcore. Ofc your suggestion is good, I will consider some upgrades in near future, to reach max chaos res.

I try to zoom zoom ofc, not to facetank everything, especially now when I can apply the poison and just wait a second or two and those rare monsters in T14+ can be really nasty. For me there's no problem in T16 maps, the only challenge I need to face is to kill conquerors / sirius etc. with this build.

So what can I say? Build is 100% viable and really fun to play with, I just probably need to get used to it more (like I said: I rarely play attack builds, and have no experience in good positioning as a melee, while as a spellcaster I do it instinctively).
Last edited by deeveejay on Jan 2, 2020, 6:41:24 AM
"
deeveejay wrote:
"
JayCy wrote:

I tried to craft them myself, to the point I was out of Azurite, bought some Fossils etc. Lost a lot currency this way :))

Not worth in my opinion, I bought both claws, for like 4EX both.

I managed to craft the one with Despair on hit. Bought the other for 3ex. Was late so I haven't tried out how it feels now with the upgrades. Adding the Metallic fossil definitely helps and perhaps the OP could add it to the guide. It made a massive difference it what my outcomes were and Metallic fossils cost nothing. If you delve a lot you probably have a stash you can't even sell lol.
Last edited by JayCy on Jan 2, 2020, 7:41:03 AM
"
deeveejay wrote:

Well, I have negative chaos res, which is generally fine for me while playing casual softcore. Ofc your suggestion is good, I will consider some upgrades in near future, to reach max chaos res.

I try to zoom zoom ofc, not to facetank everything, especially now when I can apply the poison and just wait a second or two and those rare monsters in T14+ can be really nasty. For me there's no problem in T16 maps, the only challenge I need to face is to kill conquerors / sirius etc. with this build.

So what can I say? Build is 100% viable and really fun to play with, I just probably need to get used to it more (like I said: I rarely play attack builds, and have no experience in good positioning as a melee, while as a spellcaster I do it instinctively).

You will get used to it. Char relies on good flask and (vaal) Molten Shell management so it needs a little practice to get the feel for it.

Chaos resistance is not a impossible to get, you can even cap it. Prob is, it's costly since it requires very good rare items.
Cheaper way of getting positive chaos res is with Circle of Anguish.
My suggestion is to plan out your items before you start buying anything expensive, to know exactly what you will look for so you don't totally mess other resistances and accuracy.

You are on a good path with items, just keep going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info