[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Provin915 wrote:
Fun build man. Leveling is going nicely.

Running with VS until PS gets fixed. As a melee should I annoint Tribal Fury or Corruption?

Btw Pestilent Strike is ACTUALLY fixed as of this morning's hotfix. I know it was listed in Hotfix3, but I think they may have forgotten it and put it in silently into Hotfix4. I can do Metamorph with PS without crashing and it feels AMAZING (especially when the adds spawn).
"
Archernick wrote:
Hey Torstein - thanks for the guide/builds, they're all great and I appreciate the effort you've put into it.

Couple of questions:

1. What's the purpose of Phase Run in the build (running Pestilence/Viper), as it's set to level 20 but in a CWDT setup? Am I meant to delevel it so it can be triggered, or use it outside of the link.

2. Would you recommend using Awakened Ancestral Call, or forgoing it in favour for Tribal Fury / new Glove +1 Strike Targets? I can't decide which way to go with it tbh. Some of the new boss fights have additional mobs, and every Metamorph in redmaps onwards live long enough to spawn a ton of dangerous additional mobs too.

3. Do you think it's worth it to keep a lvl 20 Viper Strike for pure bossing when primarily building around Pestilent Strike? The DPS difference is almost +80% at end-game, but then again so many bosses these days are getting additional mobs added to the point where Pestilent Strike starts to really shine.

4. Oh also, is there any of the new influence item mods that you can see being added to the build? The "Hunter" influence mods has a ton of Chaos/Poison mods on it.

Hoping the crash bug has been truly fixed when I jump on later today - been a pain having to remember to switch to Viper Strike every time I want to do Metamorph content!

1. Phase Run is there for one purpose, to fast and easy go thru sideways in Delve. Whirling blades can get stuck in mobs.

2. Depending on what you want,max clear or no gem swaps. Tribal fury might be the right way because of the reasons you mentioned.

3. I didnt feel that much difference in damage between the two. But yeah, for single bosses Viper S might be better.

4. We'll see tonight. Work atm...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 16, 2019, 12:07:41 PM
"
Archernick wrote:

Progressing fine - Got 13 Watchstones and approaching red maps regularly. Biggest issue atm is still stuck with a Tabula, but trying to 6L a perfectly rolled Perfect Form.

Also it's a bit strange - mainly due to the bug that crashed you, I was using Viper Strike for bossing. But the deeper I go into maps, the more Pestilent Strike wins due to these new Metamorph bossees having an absurd amount of HP; they have multiple phases of summoning DEADLY mobs. Pestilent Strike helps not only in cleaning those up, but detonating onto the boss and pulling some serious deeps.

Saying that, there's 2 Conquror boss fights that don't have additional mobs that Viper Strike kinda wins out on, but we'll see.

Awesome thanks. I guess that settles it then. Gonna reroll tonight and try this build out. I'lll level a viper strike off to the side in the event i need it but otherwise I'm gonna try to stick to PS
"
R1ccardo wrote:
Hi dude. Thank you for sharing the build, I used it as a template for my pf CL build. Metamorphin_PwrRanger is the character. Still a long way to go, but I don't care as I'm really enjoying the experience.

For people that have not started the league yet, I leveled as toxic rain and it was really smooth, not sure how well the poison skills would have worked. Also, keep in mind that you need a couple of regrets to respec from toxic rain to poison.

Been asking around and couldn't really get an answer: do you guys have any idea how the 'change to deal double damage with poison' scales your damage when going over 100% chance? I'm not really sure why I should go for 2 of these mods on claws since you end up getting 160%.

Hi :)

When you dual wield you are alternating attacks with main and off hand weapon. Because of that you you need that mod on both weapon.
Only Viper Strike attacks with both hands at once and prob it would calculate like 120% more damage.
"
Provin915 wrote:

Running with VS until PS gets fixed. As a melee should I annoint Tribal Fury or Corruption?

Nice!
Tribal Fury would be the top anointment for the league content because you can have single target gem setup for max damage and still clear maps/boss adds easily without gem swaps.

OK so I just crafted these two things with Abbarant and Corroded - what in the hell did I just do?

Not sure if I should use over Wasps Nests or try and sell them...

ilvl 83 is 2ex per, this was ilvl 73 as a test run and they turned out pretty bonkers.

Think I'll save up 4ex for Hunter bases and fossil craft with Shuddering too!
"
Archernick wrote:

OK so I just crafted these two things with Abbarant and Corroded - what in the hell did I just do?

Not sure if I should use over Wasps Nests or try and sell them...

ilvl 83 is 2ex per, this was ilvl 73 as a test run and they turned out pretty bonkers.

Think I'll save up 4ex for Hunter bases and fossil craft with Shuddering too!

They will serve purpose for now but you rly want claw's with at least t1 added chaos and 60% chance to deal double damage.
I'm going to sell them to buy the ilvl 83 bases.
"
Archernick wrote:
I'm going to sell them to buy the ilvl 83 bases.

those 2 mods should be really easy to get just with Abberant and Corroded

Adds (47–72) to (98–123) Chaos Damage
60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage

+ crafted attack speed

Those 2 mods should be enough until end game bosses but you should get enough currency and fossils to craft better by then.
Hit the delve, get your fossils. :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 16, 2019, 6:34:12 PM
"
Archernick wrote:
"
Provin915 wrote:

Btw Pestilent Strike is ACTUALLY fixed as of this morning's hotfix. I know it was listed in Hotfix3, but I think they may have forgotten it and put it in silently into Hotfix4. I can do Metamorph with PS without crashing and it feels AMAZING (especially when the adds spawn).

Oh really? I was still having crashes. I just woke up and saw a new patch, but I didn't see anything about PS. I will check it out later today. Thanks for the heads up mate!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info