[3.20] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Update in progress -

Hi and welcome to our Ultimate Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper build guide!

First version of the build saw the light during 3.8 Blight league and so far it went thru multiple updates and iterations (peaked in 3.13 with Transcendence) up until 3.14. Then came the nerfs, a lot of them. Build was nerfed on so many levels it was finally broken.

Now it's coming back! Every step of the way of it's evolution there has been big feedback and support from players with their ideas on how to make it even better, that by now it's OUR build. Great appreciation goes to FEL who rebuilt it from scratch in 3.19. 3.20 version is made on the backbone of his 3.19 char.

If you want to go fast and clear even faster, delete bosses, be safe like the Juggernaut and be in the heart of the fight, this is a build for you. Poison the Atlas! xD

Guide will cover 2 melee strike poison skills Pestilent and Viper Strike.

I would also like to thank everyone who contributed to making this build better with their ideas, suggestions and support in development, especially to these exiles
Spoiler

"
Yalpe wrote:
!

"
blastinMot wrote:
!

"
Vennto wrote:
!

"
__FEL__ wrote:
!

^^These guys are the ones often helping everyone with the builds on thread and setting the bar with best possible setups this build can have.

"
Viktranka wrote:
!

"
Archernick wrote:
!

"
Corioliss wrote:
!

and many others. (list is long xD)

Please read full guide before starting the build.

Wish you many fun hours of play in 3.20 The Forbidden Sanctum league

TorsteinTheFallen and friends

Change log 4. Dec
Spoiler

Defensive concept, Summary and General updated
Building char (items breakdown), pobs, videos pending

Build Summary
Spoiler

Pros & Cons
+high dot Chaos damage (bypasses Energy Shield, reflect immune)
+great clear speed (poison proliferation)
+all content viable (Ubers, Simulacrum wave 30)
+flask regeneration (Pathfinder)
+very high level of defenses
+all map mods
+Jack of all Trades

-vulnerable to damage over time
-relatively expensive

☠️ Comparison between poison skills
Spoiler

Pestilent Strike

is a true melee namelocking skill that has secondary debuff similar to the Infernal Blow which explodes enemies and deals secondary chaos damage to the surrounding enemies based on the amount of poison damage that primary had on itself. This and Pathfinder's poison proliferation will result in a chain reaction that can wipe out whole lanes of monsters and bosses caught in it.
Overall for me this is best balanced skill in terms of single target damage and clear speed. Imho it's the best melee strike skill in the game atm.
Also one of the upsides of PS is that having Tribal Fury anointment removes any need for gem swapping.

Viper Strike

Is a well known poison skill. It can achieve insane poison stacks due to almost double poison duration compared to other skills and attack with both weapons at the same time (like viper fangs). It's on the top end of single target dps.
To have good clear speed with Viper Strike you will have to rely on Melee Splash support gem. Splash from the support gem also provides fantastic life gain on hit vs monster packs.

Main difference between these two skills are the clear speed and single target damage.
Pestilent Strike has natively much better clear speed than Viper Strike.
Viper Strike on the other hand will outpace the PS on single target because of the twice as long base duration of the poison. That would be in any scenario that you will have to hit targets for more than 5s or with the targets that constantly blink and move around.

Video showcase
Spoiler
Right now I don't have videos because testing was done by Vennto

Legacy videos
Spoiler
Ultimate Transcending Melee Poison Pathfinder build variant - 100% Delirious farmer
https://youtu.be/0CT_nkL4IUY

T19 full run, fully juiced, 575% crit 2 add. proj. you can see all map mods and the end of video
https://youtu.be/l3yLHShFtag
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Transcendence videos

Simulacrum last 5 waves - base setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Y4XXecSJ4

Wasp Nest claws demo (cheap weapons)
https://youtu.be/coeOD0KTT_g
-mapping, conquerors, Sirus (*Viper Strike) all done on A8 lvl

*mind that rest of my gear is in the high tier with the exception of Wasp Nest claws. I wanted to show you that build is very much capable to complete everything even with 2 Chaos weapons if you sort out your other items.
Also i haven't played it in a while so i messed up some flask usage vs Sirus :P

Player's videos
Awakener 8 deathless kill by
"
supervi1 wrote:

Below videos are from 3.8 Blight league

----Pestilent Strike----

Aul, The Crystal King @461 depth
https://youtu.be/wOzKCTqajOI
100% increased area
28% increased damage
poison on hit

This was my first Aul ever, so needless to say i got rekt quite a few times before i figured out some mechanics, how to modify the char for the fight and tactics...

Uber Elder in 2 mins
https://youtu.be/HK7k2GhvlJs

Uber Atziri
https://youtu.be/RWt-BTF4j88

T13 Blighted Map
https://youtu.be/WlFCAvg6_i4

T16 Guardian of the Minotaur
https://youtu.be/TLQAL3s1M3U

T16 Guardian of the Phoenix
https://youtu.be/liwASqyAtw4

Path of Building for 3.20 -pending-
Spoiler

What is "poison" how it works
Spoiler
Way of dealing damage with this build is with poison ailment. Poison deals Chaos damage over time and it stacks, so the more poisons you inflict to an enemy the more damage you will deal. Poison also has duration time it's affecting the enemy. By inflicting as many poisons before the first one expires increases your DPS.
Chaos damage is the best damage type in the game because it bypasses the Energy Shield and there is no mod that reflects it back to you.

🛡️ Build defenses and concept of Untouchable Viper
Spoiler
Defense concept is completely changed from before. To revive the feel of safety build had in it's peak Transcendence version, it is heavily invested into layered defenses, primarily on avoiding damage. All used defensive layers will make you very hard to be hit and killed.

-4K Life + 2K Energy Shield
- 95% Evasion chance

Difference between 90% and 95% Evasion is massive. 95% guarantees avoiding 20 consecutive attacks while 90% "only" 10. In combination with 24% block chance it's 20+ consecutive attacks.

-24% Attack Block (Shield)
- 75% Spell Dodge chance via Acrobatics keystone

150% Spell Suppression chance is converted to 75% Spell Dodge via Acrobatics keystone. It comes at a hefty price but it's worth it.

-75% Spell Block chance (conditional)
- Ghost Dance keystone (3 Ghost Shrouds with each recovering 1K Energy Shield)
- Wind Dancer keystone (pseudo Fortify for attacks)

- Temporal Chains aura

slows action speed of enemies and therefore lowers the number their attempts on your life, effectively slowing decay of Evasion.

- Elemental Ailment immunity (Purity of Elements)
- 15% movement speed hinder from curse aura (Mastery)
- separate 8-15% chance to avoid physical damage from hits
- Phasing (Quartz Flask)
- Elusive (Withering Step, conditional)
- CWDT Steel Skin

Pending
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Ranger - Pathfinder
Pathfinder has great synergy with poison skills, flasks and defenses. She enables you high flask up time, pushes further clear speed thru proliferation of the poison, scales well poison itself.

Get ascendancy points in this order:

1. Nature's Reprisal
2. Master Toxicist
3. Nature's Boon
4. Nature's Adrenaline

Bandits & Pantheons
Spoiler
Kill all bandits

UPGRADED BOTH PANTHEONS

major: Solaris

minor: Ryslatha
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 6, 2022, 8:28:00 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2022, 9:17:02 PM

"
Vennto wrote:
Best Regards, Vennto

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 4, 2022, 3:05:51 PM
why bother building armor if you take acrobatics anyway and halve it lul
"

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 15, 2019, 6:46:57 AM
FINISHED GUIDE, VIDEOS WILL BE ADDED
"
Just skip acro, buy perfect form (1 week into the league and it's already down to 15c lol), spend 2 points on iron reflexes (meanwhile you saved 5 by not speccing acro / phase acro) and you get all the bonuses of "increased evasion" transformed into armor, fat molten shell, and spell dodge.

I don't think it makes gearing restrictive, on the contrary, you can use either evasion or armor bases, and hybrid armor + evasion are even better because the sum of the 2 usually exceeds the amount you get from a pure item.

I used that trick last season because I was tired of evasion based gameplay which is 9 out of 10 times nothing happens but when something in the end manages to hit you, you're insta dead. And basalt flask costs too many charges per use even for a pf. Deshret's jewel (brutal restraint) is also harder to get now that legion is 10% chance to meet. So most of the anti 1-shot means have downsides.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Just skip acro, buy perfect form (1 week into the league and it's already down to 15c lol), spend 2 points on iron reflexes (meanwhile you saved 5 by not speccing acro / phase acro) and you get all the bonuses of "increased evasion" transformed into armor, fat molten shell, and spell dodge.

I don't think it makes gearing restrictive, on the contrary, you can use either evasion or armor bases, and hybrid armor + evasion are even better because the sum of the 2 usually exceeds the amount you get from a pure item.

I used that trick last season because I was tired of evasion based gameplay which is 9 out of 10 times nothing happens but when something in the end manages to hit you, you're insta dead. And basalt flask costs too many charges per use even for a pf. Deshret's jewel (brutal restraint) is also harder to get now that legion is 10% chance to meet. So most of the anti 1-shot means have downsides.

That Acro from Perfect Form in PoB shows that you are right. Are you sure this works? If it does it's a fantastic idea!
Char will lose some life but wow, I can push it to 40k armour this way!

I meant that Zodiac Leather is kinda expensive now, for whatever reason...

Interesting, looking forward to the videos and some more feedback from players who tried it.

Also, the hero image for the build says "Posion" instead of "Poison" :)

Cheers!
"
shabanotti wrote:
Interesting, looking forward to the videos and some more feedback from players who tried it.

Also, the hero image for the build says "Posion" instead of "Poison" :)

Cheers!

Ah fuck... :( tnx for noticing that xD lmao

Feel free to start leveling. I made "this" build 3.7 for Viper Strike after I saw what Mathil did and how he scaled it. I managed to pull out ~35% more damage than him.
In the end i decided not to post the build because it required mandatory 2 gem swaps to map (it was impossible to play otherwise), and when you switch to full single target gem setup you would miss half the strikes if you are not positioned perfectly.
Venom Gyre has 0 of those problems and compared and makes flatout double dps compared to the last league Viper Strike, which was very potent btw. I can show you all pastebins if you want to compare them.
Skill itself feels amazing!

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 12, 2019, 7:48:26 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

I am just concerned about 1 thing though. Without Acrobatics anything that is going your way will hit you and without stun immunity you would be very prone to eating stuns although very tanky. Idea is fantastic I will just have to test it when i get currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info