[3.9] Trickster Flicker Strike (10 - 15 million Shaper DPS) Awakening Lvl 8 Sirus Down

When you check shock, are you setting it at that full value (50%)? Not sure which POB fork you're using but that's what the baseline POB does, and it's pretty unrealistic given how most bosses work.

I set it at 15-25-35% for comparison, which is where I got the 25%+ DPS boost number from.

Setting it a full 50% though still only gives me a 2.5% loss of dps - are you making sure to move your flickerstrike gem setup to weapon 1 before testing? If you don't you lose the entire benefit (7L fortify). You need to compare Starforge with Flicker Strike on Body to Exquisite Blade with Flicker Strike on Weapon 1 to get an accurate comparison of how they'd be used.
Last edited by TheAmbler on Dec 12, 2019, 1:49:41 AM
"
TheAmbler wrote:
When you check shock, are you setting it at that full value (50%)? Not sure which POB fork you're using but that's what the baseline POB does, and it's pretty unrealistic given how most bosses work.

I set it at 15-25-35% for comparison, which is where I got the 25%+ DPS boost number from.

Setting it a full 50% though still only gives me a 2.5% loss of dps - are you making sure to move your flickerstrike gem setup to weapon 1 before testing? If you don't you lose the entire benefit (7L fortify). You need to compare Starforge with Flicker Strike on Body to Exquisite Blade with Flicker Strike on Weapon 1 to get an accurate comparison of how they'd be used.

Yes. Using LocalIdentity fork, it's 13.2 million DPS with Starforge and 50% shock in POB in default guide POB and 11.3 million when swapping in the 7L and moving Flicker to Weapon 1 and unchecking shock.

Full shock values on Shaper/Elder requires you to land a crit with Starforge of over 1.8million physical only damage. With crit damage scaling, Multistrike 3rd hit damage, and Ruthless third hit damage and the Fractal Thoughts setup, this seems like it should mean 1.68mil would be the max average physical crit and only apply ~47% shock. However, shock actually compounds on itself--this means if I've applied at least a 7% shock previously (crit for 126,000 or more), then the Ruthless crit gives full shock.

End result is it allows the build to do silliness like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx75haC51AM

I think people got in the default mindset that builds can't full shock Shaper because of others checking full shock in skitterbot/Cyclone builds and being used to the old multistrike mechanics.

Math aside, if the new sword feels good and is helping you keep Fortify up, then stick with it. When you get to a point where you are insta-phasing bosses, it doesn't really make much difference if it takes 0.7 seconds vs 0.8 seconds.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Dec 12, 2019, 7:10:46 AM
Huh, that's really weird. There must be something different in our setups that I'm not finding because I'm seeing 15.11M DPS with 7L, 15.24 with Starforge and 50% shock. Not changing anything else at all.

EDIT: Oh wait, I found the other source of difference - with the 7L you can do elemental damage, so I swapped in Taste of Hate as well. That made up the gap.

Here's the build if you're at all interested, I think I'm getting to the point where it'll be hard to make upgrades that aren't super expensive (of course, I have 8 more levels to grind!).

https://pastebin.com/bJyi8YPw

Re: shock, good notes - thanks for explaining. FYI as I understand it, 3.9 will make it much easier to get shock on bosses, but much harder to reach max values (unless I'm misreading the patch notes).
Last edited by TheAmbler on Dec 12, 2019, 12:19:51 PM
"
TheAmbler wrote:
Huh, that's really weird. There must be something different in our setups that I'm not finding because I'm seeing 15.11M DPS with 7L, 15.24 with Starforge and 50% shock. Not changing anything else at all.

EDIT: Oh wait, I found the other source of difference - with the 7L you can do elemental damage, so I swapped in Taste of Hate as well. That made up the gap.

Here's the build if you're at all interested, I think I'm getting to the point where it'll be hard to make upgrades that aren't super expensive (of course, I have 8 more levels to grind!).

https://pastebin.com/bJyi8YPw

Re: shock, good notes - thanks for explaining. FYI as I understand it, 3.9 will make it much easier to get shock on bosses, but much harder to reach max values (unless I'm misreading the patch notes).

Yeah, rereading the notes now, 100% looks like a nerf to high end shock. I may be forced back to Abyssus and/or a new weapon.

Based on the dev manifesto and assuming shock and chill apply similarly--they only specifically mention chill--a hit of 28% of a monster's life is required to shock at full value. Bosses shock threshold is half of its actual life. So shocking Shaper at full value will require a 14% hit (2.5mil) instead of a 10% hit (1.8mil).

Abyssus can do that if a ~25% shock value was previously applied. The problem will come from boss armor and higher HP pools. If a boss had 25mil eHP, for example, a 3.5mil hit will be required.

Definitely something to think about for 3.9.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Dec 12, 2019, 1:50:59 PM
Hey, great build! A quick question on the auras

I have herald of purity (23%)
Assassin's mark (32%)
Flesh and stone (28%)
War banner (10%)

and I want to additionally run Precision which requires 186 mana which i dont have left over. How do i solve this problem or am i not understanding the auras correctly?
"
mister1507 wrote:
Hey, great build! A quick question on the auras

I have herald of purity (23%)
Assassin's mark (32%)
Flesh and stone (28%)
War banner (10%)

and I want to additionally run Precision which requires 186 mana which i dont have left over. How do i solve this problem or am i not understanding the auras correctly?

Precision need 4 lvl = 50 mana reserved
3.9 Shaper Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3nfusF3DRo

Did this on standard with my current gear. A lot more HP, but still not too difficult.

Last edited by Spacefight0r on Dec 16, 2019, 12:05:33 AM
Is it worth going for Flicker without any currency? Seems like the build got a lot more expensive.
I generally don't play seasons, but I may update the guide with a more realistic build.

Here is what I'd shoot for if I were playing Metamorph:
https://pastebin.com/9KXrDBgy

Use LocalIdentity fork if you want accurate DPS. 6.5mil Shaper DPS with Fractal Thoughts and 9.3mil with Abyssus. I dropped all Shaper/Elder items, picked up a Terminus Est/Oskarm gloves/new Jewel, dropped Blasphemy/Assassin's Mark (you get rank 10 from gloves), and picked up Skitterbots for the 15% shock instead.

Terminus Est can be replaced with any high DPS 2hand sword.

interesting update , thanks.
Last edited by 1zzu on Dec 17, 2019, 6:54:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info