[3.9] Trickster Flicker Strike (10 - 15 million Shaper DPS) Awakening Lvl 8 Sirus Down

Updated with probably the final state of this build for 3.8. I may still create a "Tips and Tricks" section and a boss guide.

With my current build/gear, I rotated around some auras and can fit Precision into the build. Herald was reserving 3% more mana because it was linking with Maim Support so I moved it. I also picked up a Precision Crit Damage Watcher's Eye.

To fit precision, I dropped Endurance Charge on Stun. It didn't seem like a consistent source of defense for boss fights. I also have been using Fractal Thoughts over Abyssus. Overall, I find this setup slightly more durable while also retaining most of the damage.

absolutely having a blast zipping through everything!

Would really appreciate it if you can look at my char (YourLordTrickFlicker) and offer any advice in terms of scaling plz and thanks! :)
"
dawg87 wrote:

Would really appreciate it if you can look at my char (YourLordTrickFlicker) and offer any advice in terms of scaling plz and thanks! :)

I'd probably upgrade in this order:

1) 6L on your chest. Getting Close Combat will be a massive DPS upgrade.
2) Starforge. Being able to shock off physical damage is a large part of the builds damage.
3) After that, get +1 frenzy on corrupted version of gloves.
4) Gem levels to 20, but that will come in time.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Dec 8, 2019, 11:17:38 PM
"
Spacefight0r wrote:
"
dawg87 wrote:

2) Starforge. Being able to shock off physical damage is a large part of the builds damage.

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I just noticed you switched out the helm from abyssus to fractal...how come? when i remove abyssus, the dps gets cut in half!
Great build. It seems very funny.
Would be possible or viable with dual-wielding?? If so, which weapons, gems and links would be the best???
Thanks for everything.
"
dawg87 wrote:
"
Spacefight0r wrote:
"
dawg87 wrote:

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I just noticed you switched out the helm from abyssus to fractal...how come? when i remove abyssus, the dps gets cut in half!

One isn't better than the other. Abyssus is much higher damage. I've been using Fractal Thoughts lately since it's a better defensive option while still scaling damage a bit.
Flickers viable starting at level 28 with
and Frenzy, Since it gives access to Multistrike. Can also use Blood rage on top of that.Once you get multistrike gem you can switch out to a two hander.
Hey,

I'm quite new to the game and I want to try your build as a starter for the next season.

But I have no idea how do you level, I mean with witch spell you want to level to have a smooth leveling before swapping (and should I use another passive tree and respec when i'm level 50 60 ?) for the flicker strike with the weapon and armor ?

Thanks in advances for your reply

Any chance you'd be willing to take a look at my build and make any suggestions? Feeling pretty good mapping, but I still RIP to bosses a lot more than I'd like. Thinking about swapping out Abysuss, but it'll tank my DPS by like 40%.

The Astramentis/Tactician combo is definitely a departure from the build but gives me comparable DPS, capped resists, and a ton of free stats from Shaper's Touch for cheaper than equivalent rares. That said I probably could do better.

Lastly, considering picking up a 7-link Exquisite Blade to add Fortify - but want to check if you think there's a better place to spend the EX first. According to POB it'd be a 30% DPS buff over Starforge (and the defense from Fortify, plus utility from 'can't be evaded,' would nice).

Oh, and any suggestions for what to do with my extra 3 sockets? Honestly didn't find Leap Slam to be very useful - was considering a dual-CWDT setup maybe? Or a CWDT ice/lightning/chaos golem?

Also using a Watcher's Eye with:

6% increased maximum Energy Shield
5% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
+48% to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision

And a jewel to cap resists and give another 18% crit multi/10% crit chance.

(Not sure how to link to items in my passive tree)
Last edited by TheAmbler on Dec 10, 2019, 1:51:20 PM
"
TheAmbler wrote:
Any chance you'd be willing to take a look at my build and make any suggestions? Feeling pretty good mapping, but I still RIP to bosses a lot more than I'd like. Thinking about swapping out Abysuss, but it'll tank my DPS by like 40%.

The Astramentis/Tactician combo is definitely a departure from the build but gives me comparable DPS, capped resists, and a ton of free stats from Shaper's Touch for cheaper than equivalent rares. That said I probably could do better.

Lastly, considering picking up a 7-link Exquisite Blade to add Fortify - but want to check if you think there's a better place to spend the EX first. According to POB it'd be a 30% DPS buff over Starforge (and the defense from Fortify, plus utility from 'can't be evaded,' would nice).

Oh, and any suggestions for what to do with my extra 3 sockets? Honestly didn't find Leap Slam to be very useful - was considering a dual-CWDT setup maybe? Or a CWDT ice/lightning/chaos golem?

-How much HP/ES do you have? What bosses are you dying to?

-I like Astramentis. A bit more defense, a bit less DPS. Tactician + Rare ring is basically a wash vs Gifts from Above + Stygian. You'll need a high roll for the DPS to be the same, but it's also less situational since it doesn't require consecrated ground. Suitable replacements.

-7L Fortify can be better, but you are going to need a really high damage roll. Remember that you aren't getting any Shock without Starforge.

-Leap Slam lets you control your travel direction, dodge attacks, travel even faster when no mobs are present, and cross gaps in maps. Your mileage may vary, but I wouldn't play without it. If you aren't going to use it, probably slot in a Chaos Golem for a bit more damage reduction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info