[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

Great! Taking a break from PoE right now but I will use your tips and updated guide then to make this work in higher tiers.

Keep up the good work! :)
Guide is now fully updated with my current spec. We'll call this guide version 1.0. If you're having trouble with anything please give the guide another look. Odds are good I've addressed the issue. If not, drop a line here and I'll do what I can to help.

Can anybody help me with my build? What should i update next? Still feeling relatively weak... Got around 10ex to upgrade.
Thx
"
systemize wrote:

Can anybody help me with my build? What should i update next? Still feeling relatively weak... Got around 10ex to upgrade.
Thx

When you say weak do you mean low damage or low survivability? What Awakener level/map tiers are you running?

Looking at your gear the easiest upgrade looks like your gloves. There's some fun warlord mods that might help out, specifically culling strike and increased spell damage. For defense, increased chance to block spell damage would also be nice.

You may want to tweak your anoint to something more offensive if that's where you're lacking. Also with Elemental Focus you aren't shocking enemies outside of what Orb of Storms is managing. Not sure how shock works when you don't have Call of the Brotherhood's 100% chance to shock frozen enemies in terms of increased damage taken.

Even without going to cold damage I'd still consider Hatred over Wrath. At least throw it in Path of Building to see if it's better. You may want to pick up a Wrath Watcher's eye with phys as extra lightning. They're pretty cheap right now.
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

When you say weak do you mean low damage or low survivability? What Awakener level/map tiers are you running?

Looking at your gear the easiest upgrade looks like your gloves. There's some fun warlord mods that might help out, specifically culling strike and increased spell damage. For defense, increased chance to block spell damage would also be nice.

You may want to tweak your anoint to something more offensive if that's where you're lacking. Also with Elemental Focus you aren't shocking enemies outside of what Orb of Storms is managing. Not sure how shock works when you don't have Call of the Brotherhood's 100% chance to shock frozen enemies in terms of increased damage taken.

Even without going to cold damage I'd still consider Hatred over Wrath. At least throw it in Path of Building to see if it's better. You may want to pick up a Wrath Watcher's eye with phys as extra lightning. They're pretty cheap right now.

Right now I'm running Awakener lvl5 red maps.I could progress more, but can't seem to spawn any Influence for days now.
I'm at 6.2 life and 2.4 ES.
The gloves will be upgraded then, your right. They don't offer anything offensively.
What would you recommend then instead of Elem. Focus? I wouldn't want to go back to the Call of the Brotherhood rings, I like the opal ring combo more.

I have a Watcher's Eye with 16% with phys as extra lightning. Should i get a better one if its reasonable?
Last edited by systemize on Jan 23, 2020, 1:53:59 PM
"
systemize wrote:
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

Right now I'm running Awakener lvl5 red maps.I could progress more, but can't seem to spawn any Influence for days now.
I'm at 6.2 life and 2.4 ES.
The gloves will be upgraded then, your right. They don't offer anything offensively.
What would you recommend then instead of Elem. Focus? I wouldn't want to go back to the Call of the Brotherhood rings, I like the opal ring combo more.

I have a Watcher's Eye with 16% with phys as extra lightning. Should i get a better one if its reasonable?

I'd run any potential upgrades through Path of Building first to be sure, I'm at work so I can't really check. That said if you just want to hit harder Ele Focus is probably the best DPS gem you can use. However...if you swap Carcass Jack to something like Inpulsa you could improve your clear speed and maybe swap Ele Focus for something like Controlled Destruction or Awoken Lightning Pen. With higher awakener levels I feel like penetration gets to be more important for bosses and the explosions make up for the lack of area of effect you'd lose by switching check pieces. You can keep Ele Focus if you think Orb of Storms is giving you those shock procs though.

Watcher's eye upgrade might help but probably not enough to justify the upgrade cost. Bump the number up in PoB to see if it's worth it though.
Interesting take on storm burst! How is the end game dps? I never got how to accurately calculate storm burst dps.
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Interesting take on storm burst! How is the end game dps? I never got how to accurately calculate storm burst dps.

It's good enough for what's out there. It's no Mathil insta-phase level of damage but It can clear Awakener level 8 content just fine. The videos section has some examples.
any suggestion on my gear etc? :-) enjoying the build alot! currently on 4.5 life and 700 ES..

let me know
"
OzzyOwn wrote:
any suggestion on my gear etc? :-) enjoying the build alot! currently on 4.5 life and 700 ES..

let me know

The biggest damage upgrades I can see are your weapon and helmet enchant. If you want better clear swap in Herald of Ice for Arctic Armour. If you're having trouble surviving you can swap your consecrated flask for a Jade or Quartz flask

What are you looking to improve? I'd also recommend an abyss jewel with minion taunt on it as it makes the purity heralds nice little tanks too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info