[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

Hi, any thoughts on my character? I started doing someone else's Storm Orb build but transferred over to yours (hence missing your chance to dodge keynote passives).

I have roughly 7ex to invest
You have to make your character public so I can see it. Also if you mention what you need more of (damage, clear, survivability, etc) it'll help me give more useful suggestions.
Hi I believe I am public now. I am ok with damage, I am thinking my survivability is whats lacking.
Ok to help with survivability you can try a couple things, your gear is already pretty decent but you have a couple upgrades you can make. Looking at your tree you're specced more into ES than I am and have the Chaos res to manage that which is good. An "easy" upgrade is a minion taunt on hit Ghastly Eye Jewel. That will help to keep enemies off you thanks to purity heralds. Drop Frostblink for Flame Dash so you can more reliably reposition (unless Frostblink is getting the job done? I haven't played with it too much as the cooldown puts me off).

Next look at grabbing a more defensive chest piece. I linked my bossing chest below as a thing to look for. You may want to find more ES on gloves/boots. Make sure you're proccing fortify. You could adjust your tree to pick up the HP/Evasion wheel and pickup Acro/Phase Acro if you're getting one-shot a lot. You'd lose ES but if you're getting one-shot it's not really doing much for you. You could also swap Light of Lunaris for the Unshattered Will. The uptime on Harbinger of Focus isn't stellar but it is a pretty big safety net and would make up for the lost resist on the chest piece if you swap it out.

This is my first post ever on POE forums, so be gentle if I mess it up..

First off: Awesome build Bladeslaw, having a blast with this.

I, (like most others here..) would like your pointer on a few things/ideas. I'm a semi-noob to POE (I'm an ex Diablo nerd), haven't played for several seasons, so:

1. I have allocate Heart of Ice on amulet, what do you think about that? I was focused on getting some ES leech. Haven't seen anyone mention it in here, so I wonder if it's a good idea!

2. Finding the perfect wand/sceptre: Oh lord, there are so many factors here, I've almost given up getting a better one. Please take a look and suggest changes. You think the + phys dmg you talk about would be better?

3. I picked up a jewel with "cannot be cursed with silence". Not sure if it's worth it though, how common is it to be silenced?...

Things/experience I've learned through lvling this guy:
- If you have a budget for a lvl 4 Enlighten, then saving Alira is worthless. Maybe even with a lvl 3. imho. (taking Inspiration into account of course). I know this was written as a league starter, so I understand the choice of course. Just saying.

- Shield charge to flame dash change is definitely the better option imo.

- If you get to around lvl 94 and have the extra passives from bandits, I think the socket SE of "Shaper" is a good idea, 0,7% life regen + socket.

- Last FUTURE passive development (lvl 97-ish): I'm looking at "Herbalism" since it is double the life of other nodes you take, it defends atleast 1 point for going down there. And the extra flask recovery isn't actually bad either! :) And if you do go there, there is just 2 points needed for socket, so you drop the above option.

Bah, just throwing some stuff out there, my 2 cents etc.
Hit me.

"
ElFrodo wrote:
This is my first post ever on POE forums, so be gentle if I mess it up..

First off: Awesome build Bladeslaw, having a blast with this.

I, (like most others here..) would like your pointer on a few things/ideas. I'm a semi-noob to POE (I'm an ex Diablo nerd), haven't played for several seasons, so:

1. I have allocate Heart of Ice on amulet, what do you think about that? I was focused on getting some ES leech. Haven't seen anyone mention it in here, so I wonder if it's a good idea!

2. Finding the perfect wand/sceptre: Oh lord, there are so many factors here, I've almost given up getting a better one. Please take a look and suggest changes. You think the + phys dmg you talk about would be better?

3. I picked up a jewel with "cannot be cursed with silence". Not sure if it's worth it though, how common is it to be silenced?...

Things/experience I've learned through lvling this guy:
- If you have a budget for a lvl 4 Enlighten, then saving Alira is worthless. Maybe even with a lvl 3. imho. (taking Inspiration into account of course). I know this was written as a league starter, so I understand the choice of course. Just saying.

- Shield charge to flame dash change is definitely the better option imo.

- If you get to around lvl 94 and have the extra passives from bandits, I think the socket SE of "Shaper" is a good idea, 0,7% life regen + socket.

- Last FUTURE passive development (lvl 97-ish): I'm looking at "Herbalism" since it is double the life of other nodes you take, it defends atleast 1 point for going down there. And the extra flask recovery isn't actually bad either! :) And if you do go there, there is just 2 points needed for socket, so you drop the above option.

Bah, just throwing some stuff out there, my 2 cents etc.
Hit me.

1. Heart of Ice is awesome but expensive. Definitely worth it if you can swing the cost and have your "end game" amulet. The cold pen is really welcome too.

2. Yeah, this is tricky and honestly I'm not super committed to any specific set of mods. Base phys to spells is a universal damage bump for storm burst regardless of conversion, Generic elemental damage is next since we full convert, lightning being the next best since phys to lightning, then cold damage. Cast speed and crit chance/multi are also huge bumps to DPS. Cast speed is more hidden since PoB doesn't take into account total Storm Burst orbs in play but it is strong. I don't know that there's a "right" answer here other than playing with PoB and figuring out how many orbs you can have out at once.

3. Silence is pretty rare and an anti-curse flask is my usual answer to that problem. AFAIK no major boss uses silence. I wouldn't fuss over having it. Corrupted Blood is much scarier.

re Alira: I need her with my gear for resists. The mana regen and crit multi are nice side benefits late game while mana regen is huge early game. If you can make it work then absolutely grab the two points. A jewel socket is a good pickup as are mode nodes on the HP wheel.

Herbalism is a solid pickup. Once you get past ~93 you probably have a good idea of what you need (life/damage/utility) and you should grab what makes sense for you.

All good suggestions!

So, I played SB Trickster as my league starter. Been playing pretty casual when I have time, and now I'm at a point where I'm trying to get geared up to start real endgame stuff, like attempting Sirus once I get the last couple of watch stones I need.

My damage is decent, but not great, about 552K dps in PoB. I know my helmet is not very good, and I could use some dps stats on my ammy. I'm thinking if I can get a better helmet with more resists, I could switch my shield to a Light of Lunaris.

Anyone have any other ideas for changes I could make to boost DPS?

I'm not super tanky either, and chaos dmg shooters are especially deadly to me, but other than that I can usually survive things (Al-Hezmin always kills me at least once though).

I've got a few exalts to spend, but nothing too crazy.
Last edited by BaggerX on Feb 6, 2020, 11:51:58 PM
"
BaggerX wrote:
So, I played SB Trickster as my league starter. Been playing pretty casual when I have time, and now I'm at a point where I'm trying to get geared up to start real endgame stuff, like attempting Sirus once I get the last couple of watch stones I need.

My damage is decent, but not great, about 552K dps in PoB. I know my helmet is not very good, and I could use some dps stats on my ammy. I'm thinking if I can get a better helmet with more resists, I could switch my shield to a Light of Lunaris.

Anyone have any other ideas for changes I could make to boost DPS?

I'm not super tanky either, and chaos dmg shooters are especially deadly to me, but other than that I can usually survive things (Al-Hezmin always kills me at least once though).

I've got a few exalts to spend, but nothing too crazy.

If chaos damage is a problem then drop Oskarm. It's just going to get you killed. You could craft life/ES on your shield. You can use blessing orbs to bump up your mark of the shaper implicit damage. You could pick up a pair of Breathstealer gloves for some easy damage and all resist and use the extra anoint Heart of Thunder, Crackling speed, or a more defensive node.
Picked up the dagger below for approx 2.5ex as the stats seemed pretty solid however for some reason it doesn't feel like i'm doing quite as much damage, am i missing something?
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Critical Strikes
75% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
Gain 17% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
Gain 6% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
48% increased Spell Damage (crafted)
+28% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (crafted)
Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage (crafted)
--------
Shaper Item
"
Picked up the dagger below for approx 2.5ex as the stats seemed pretty solid however for some reason it doesn't feel like i'm doing quite as much damage, am i missing something?
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Critical Strikes
75% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
Gain 17% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
Gain 6% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
48% increased Spell Damage (crafted)
+28% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier (crafted)
Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage (crafted)
--------
Shaper Item

Just a shot in the dark but I'm guessing you lost a lot of %increased spell (or lighting/cold) damage and/or Cast speed in the upgrade. Out of curiousity does PoB say it's an upgrade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info