[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

I lost lightning damage but gained the chaos modifiers and phys to lightning modifiers, POB seems to think it's around 10-15% DPS increase (150k or so),

I think it may have just been me jumping the gun a little early, it's still performing very well to be fair, may have been anxious spending that much money xD
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

If chaos damage is a problem then drop Oskarm. It's just going to get you killed. You could craft life/ES on your shield. You can use blessing orbs to bump up your mark of the shaper implicit damage. You could pick up a pair of Breathstealer gloves for some easy damage and all resist and use the extra anoint Heart of Thunder, Crackling speed, or a more defensive node.

Thanks for the tips!

Dropping Oskarm would cost me my Assassin's Mark on hit, which I think I would really miss. I'll have to think about that.

I added the life to my shield, since that will at least help against chaos dmg. Bumped my ring up to max implicit as well.

I think I would still like to swap my shield out for the Lunaris, but need to get my resists fixed if I do that, so I'll have to see what I can find to make up for it.

Not sure whether there's much else I can do beyond that. I'll have to see if I'm still able to kill stuff fast enough in the highest tier maps.
Last edited by BaggerX on Feb 7, 2020, 9:50:42 PM
"
Not sure whether there's much else I can do beyond that. I'll have to see if I'm still able to kill stuff fast enough in the highest tier maps.

You have + element damage to attacks on belt? ;)

Oh, and focus on getting quality on your 6-link gems. Lots of free goodies there.
Last edited by ElFrodo on Feb 9, 2020, 4:05:49 PM
"
ElFrodo wrote:

You have + element damage to attacks on belt? ;)

Oh, and focus on getting quality on your 6-link gems. Lots of free goodies there.

I just got the belt for the life and resists. Happened to get it cheap.

I'll see about upgrading the other gems to 20%. I only did Storm Burst and Phys to Lightning so far since they seemed to give the biggest dps boost for the investment.

Using both atm, wrath and hatred. Seems to work pretty nicely.
Yeah if I had that Watcher's Eye I'd rethink my aura setup. I'm thinking of doing an update with min-maxed gear. Is that a thing anyone would be interested in? It would be things like ideal Watcher's Eye, meta-crafted elderslayer influenced items, etc. It would take a bit of research to see what mods that were introduced are useful to us but things like a redeemer/crusader chest with 100% reduced reflected elemental damage and killed enemies explode would be an absolutely massive QOL update.
YES, I'm interested Bladeslaw!

Just wanted to throw in here that I managed to get an Eternity Shroud, and Shaper boots with Tailwind on recent crit. Also a Watcher eye with hatred and precision. Precision is easy to fit in at lvl 1, takes very little mana and with the watcher and other things above was a HUGE dps boost. T16 became very trivial (I'm sure it already is for most of you..)

I have no idea how to link the watcher here, too noobish, hope you can see it in my account info...

What I'm wondering now is if the Unshattered Will gives some extra layer of defence. Since the dps is soo taken care of. Would really like some extra input on UW (so far I've just seen Blade mention it in gear section as a good option.)
"
ElFrodo wrote:
YES, I'm interested Bladeslaw!

Just wanted to throw in here that I managed to get an Eternity Shroud, and Shaper boots with Tailwind on recent crit. Also a Watcher eye with hatred and precision. Precision is easy to fit in at lvl 1, takes very little mana and with the watcher and other things above was a HUGE dps boost. T16 became very trivial (I'm sure it already is for most of you..)

I have no idea how to link the watcher here, too noobish, hope you can see it in my account info...

What I'm wondering now is if the Unshattered Will gives some extra layer of defence. Since the dps is soo taken care of. Would really like some extra input on UW (so far I've just seen Blade mention it in gear section as a good option.)

Unshattered Will is a better defensive option than Lunaris. If you can snag one I'd play around with it and see how you like it.
I'm also interested, hesitating a bit on next upgrade with budget of 17 exa
Here's the Min/Max section pulled from the guide. These are ideas, I haven't tested any of these personally with the exception of the Eternity Shroud build. I don't have the currency to grab the Elderslayer exalts + awakener orbs. Too many alt characters this league.

Let me know if I missed something:

Min/Max Options
Spoiler

If you have silly amounts of currency or want to push this build to its absolute limit there's some insane options. I'd focus on one gear slot at a time over a league until you're finally done since each piece can cost 10-20ex each. Here's some ideas:
Watcher's Eye
Spoiler

You can dramatically boost your damage with a hatred/precision Watcher's Eye. Here's the mods to look for:
Hatred
Damage Penetrates #% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred
#% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred
#% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred

Precision
#% to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision
Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while affected by Precision

Wrath
Generally I recommend Hatred over Wrath but Wrath has some good Watcher's Eye mods. If you find a trifecta WE then drop the heralds and use Wrath+Hatred+Precision with a level 4 Enlighten

Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath
#% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath
#% increased Critical Strike Chance while affected by Wrath

Easy
Spoiler
Get an Eternity Shroud and Shaper Call of the Brotherhood rings, get all Shaper influenced gear. Congrats everything dies pretty much instantly. Spend on survivability. Go all ES on gear and pick up CI. Pull skill points out of life and you should be able to path to CI/Ghost Reaver/Wicked Ward without too much trouble. Anoint Heart of Ice for additional ES leech. I say easy because the parts are all basic just expensive as hell (the rings are 14-15ex each as of this posting).

Complex
Spoiler
This will require some crafting knowledge. I'm no expert but with Awakener Orbs and Elderslayer exalts you can make some super strong gear. Your ideal mods depend on if you want damage or survivability, I've included both options. For Helm and Gloves I don't recommend doubling up on influence as the shaper mods are a huge QOL for clear and the incursion glove mod is better than almost any 2 elderslayer affix options (unless going eternity shroud).

Chest:
Spoiler
Evasion/ES base, Redeemer mod 100% reduced reflected elemental damage, Crusader mod Killed Enemies Explode dealing 3% of the max life as damage. Fill with life and resists.
To craft: As I said I'm not an expert, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Get a 6L Evasion/ES chest item level 85 or better base and slam with redeemer exalt. Alt spam till you get the 100% reduced reflected elemental damage affix as the ONLY redeemer affix. Get a crusader chest piece with the killed enemies explode affix as the ONLY crusader affix. Grab an Awakener Orb, use the orb to eat the crusader base and apply it to the redeemer base. You will get an item with both affixes and if you're lucky life/resists. Otherwise craft it and make up the missing stats on other gear. This opens up reflect maps and means your clear is comparable to the inpulsa option without compromising on HP. You can apply the same basic instructions for any gear below to get two desirable mods, just keep in mind you want life/resists too so getting the best of the best GG crafts will get super pricey.

Helm:
Spoiler
Shaper ES helm with Innervate and increased AOE(or adds x to y cold damage to spells) with life, resists, and ES. Storm burst extra orb enchant. Slot orb of storms here and link blind, onslaught, chain. Drop chain for culling strike for bosses.

Gloves:
Spoiler
Incursion gloves with %increased damage against chilled enemies with life/resists slammed with an Elderslayer orb. This is up to you but the tasty mods for us are as follows

Hunter: Chance to unnerve on hit

Crusader: Increased global crit chance

Warlord: Culling Strike and/or Increased spell damage

Redeemer: Chance to Blind on hit (frees up Orb of Storm link) and/or adds x to y cold damage if you've crit recently

Boots:
Spoiler
Like gloves it depends on what you need but life/resists/movespeed then any of the following Elderslayer mods:

Hunter: Tailwind on crit - special note this is probably the best mod for us since it increases cast speed thus granting more orbs to explode.

Crusader: Phys as extra lightning

Warlord: Life Regen (basically not worth the slam, use this on gloves instead)

Redeemer: Phys as extra cold, elusive, or onslaught on kill

Belt:
Spoiler
You'll need to craft a double influenced stygian vise for the best in slot. As with the chest craft you'll need to slam an Elderslayer exalt on the Vise, then awakener orb the other influence type to get the other, then pray for life/resists. If you go Eternity shroud you'll need shaper influence. Here's the affix's I would prefer:

Crusader/Redeemer: Increased lightning/cold damage. I'd prefer lightning since that's the better mod for us

Hunter: Increased max life, Cast speed during flask, flask charge on crit. All are great, special note for flask charge on crit means the solo bosses are more flask spammable than before.

Warlord: All elemental resists

Shaper: Cast speed or spell damage during flask effect

Elder: Increased max life, all elemental resists.

Amulet:
Spoiler
I still recommend an Incursion/Shaper/Redeemer amulet with cold damage leeched as life, the life/resists as needed. If you use a Shaper/Redeemer amulet you can use the Awakener Orb strategy to combine the life leech with any of the following mods while praying or slamming for life/resists to fill out the rest

Crusader: increased level of lightning skill gems, phys as extra lightning, damage per int, damage per power charge

Redeemer: cold leeched as life, phys as extra cold, damage penetrates cold res

Hunter: +level of int skill gems, Damage penetrates ele res

Warlord: +level of physical skill gems, Increased AOE

Shaper: cold leech, phy as extra lightning/cold

Elder: ele as extra chaos, increased AOE

Weapon:
Spoiler
The best in slot depends strongly on the rest of the gear, depending on how much added cold/lightning damage, phys as extra %whatever%, cast speed, and crit chance you have some mods will be better than others. Test in Path of Building to find the right combo for you. For me I want spell/elemental damage, crit chance, crit multi, and phys as extra %whatever% and/or lightning as extra chaos.

Good mods for influenced items:
Crusader: Phys as extra lightning

Redeemer: Adds x to y cold damage to spells + Damage Penetrates x% of Cold resist, spells have chance to deal double damage

Hunter: Spell Damage per Int (really not a great slot for hunter inf for us)

Warlord: Regen Mana per second (also not great for us)

Shaper: Ele as extra chaos, Increased crit chance for spells, Cast Speed,

Elder: Adds x to Y phys damage to spells, Global Crit multi, Area Damage, Cast Speed

Off-Hand:
Spoiler
For more damage, dual wield two wands with the above affixes, for more survivability Unshattered Will, for a compromise Light of Lunaris is still really great. If you want a meta-rare shield here's what you can look for...
Life
resists
spell damage
Phys as extra chaos
+1 to Physical spell skill gems (lighting is ok, but phys helps HoP, Storm Burst, and Wave of Conviction)
Spell critical strike chance.
If you do go this route you'll probably want crit multi on your weapon since you're losing a lot of crit multi by not using Light of Lunaris.

Last edited by Bladeslaw on Feb 19, 2020, 1:03:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info