[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

"
So I feel like i'm pretty geared at this point, I am still getting annihilated frequently (like can't get past 90 because I die so much) and my damage is nothing like some of the videos I've seen using this build. Could you take a look if you get a minute and tell me what I could change? https://pastebin.com/8FCShxhJ

Can't check PoB at work but the biggest issue I'm seeing is no leech. Orb of Storms does some serious leech work during mapping and bossing especially against Sirus. Also use blind for bossing, chain for mapping.

I'm curious if you could upgrade your weapon. The "as extra Chaos" mods are good but I'm not sure if you'd be better served with a higher spell damage roll instead (or in addition). Might be worth throwing together something in PoB to compare damage values. Also the 15% chance to create an additional orb enchant is an absolutely massive damage increase that PoB doesn't really show.

Swap the Enduring Mana Flask if you can to a silver flask. The extra mobility and cast speed helps survivability and damage. You might be able to drop Phys to lightning on Wave of conviction if your added/increased lightning damage makes the lowest cold damage roll higher than the highest fire damage roll on WoC. If you can, this would be a good spot to slot in Culling Strike to free up the socket in Orb of Storms. You could also swap out the totem setup and make WoC self cast and use an enfeeble curse on hit for added survivability. My current char this league does that.

Fortify on Shield Charge might be an issue this league as charging into deep delerium mobs can be risky. I've swapped to a CWDT + Tempest Shield + Immortal Call setup.

The other things jumping out at me is no Corrupted Blood immunity. That's always been a killer for me.

Depending on what Cluster Jewels you have access to it might be worth taking the outer jewel node near Acro or near Minion Instability and get some of the more defensive nodes available there. I have a list of what looks useful. I've been playing with Vital Focus and Antivenom to boost regen and open up a minor pantheon slot for more tailored use. I would pull points from the evasion life wheel to make it happen.

EDIT: Also minor thing to try, swap in Herald of Ice over Arctic Armour. AA is nice but if you're dying anyway might as well have the extra damage and the explosions help clear immensely.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Apr 14, 2020, 11:09:46 AM
"
Can't check PoB at work but the biggest issue I'm seeing is no leech. Orb of Storms does some serious leech work during mapping and bossing especially against Sirus. Also use blind for bossing, chain for mapping.

I'm curious if you could upgrade your weapon. The "as extra Chaos" mods are good but I'm not sure if you'd be better served with a higher spell damage roll instead (or in addition). Might be worth throwing together something in PoB to compare damage values. Also the 15% chance to create an additional orb enchant is an absolutely massive damage increase that PoB doesn't really show.

Swap the Enduring Mana Flask if you can to a silver flask. The extra mobility and cast speed helps survivability and damage. You might be able to drop Phys to lightning on Wave of conviction if your added/increased lightning damage makes the lowest cold damage roll higher than the highest fire damage roll on WoC. If you can, this would be a good spot to slot in Culling Strike to free up the socket in Orb of Storms. You could also swap out the totem setup and make WoC self cast and use an enfeeble curse on hit for added survivability. My current char this league does that.

Fortify on Shield Charge might be an issue this league as charging into deep delerium mobs can be risky. I've swapped to a CWDT + Tempest Shield + Immortal Call setup.

The other things jumping out at me is no Corrupted Blood immunity. That's always been a killer for me.

Depending on what Cluster Jewels you have access to it might be worth taking the outer jewel node near Acro or near Minion Instability and get some of the more defensive nodes available there. I have a list of what looks useful. I've been playing with Vital Focus and Antivenom to boost regen and open up a minor pantheon slot for more tailored use. I would pull points from the evasion life wheel to make it happen.

EDIT: Also minor thing to try, swap in Herald of Ice over Arctic Armour. AA is nice but if you're dying anyway might as well have the extra damage and the explosions help clear immensely.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and the tips. I'll try mixing it up tonight and see what effect it has.

I've been trying to grab the helmet enchant, unfortunately something has been jacked up with the trade site and searching for that enchant hasn't been returning properly so I've had a lot of trouble finding a helmet anywhere near as good as mine with that enchant. May have to break down and start farming labs. I'll look into the leech, that would probably help, I'm mainly looking at amulets for that correct?

It's comforting to know I'm not totally off base. I've invested a lot (for me) into this guy and really want to see it all come together and pay off.
"

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and the tips. I'll try mixing it up tonight and see what effect it has.

I've been trying to grab the helmet enchant, unfortunately something has been jacked up with the trade site and searching for that enchant hasn't been returning properly so I've had a lot of trouble finding a helmet anywhere near as good as mine with that enchant. May have to break down and start farming labs. I'll look into the leech, that would probably help, I'm mainly looking at amulets for that correct?

It's comforting to know I'm not totally off base. I've invested a lot (for me) into this guy and really want to see it all come together and pay off.

Shaped amulet with Cold Damage Leeched As Life is probably the easiest way but Doryani's Lesson via cluster jewel works a treat as well. I think there's a ton of untapped potential for this build via Cluster Jewels, I just haven't had much time to dig into it and try different combinations to find the best solution. Given the inevitable nerfs to a lot of nodes I'm sure are coming next league I didn't want to burn a truck load of time/currency into min/maxing that stuff until we had a more solid idea of what the system will be in the future.

Light Eater is a nice cheap ES leech anoint that helps keep Escape Artist's Dodge buff online too. Not the best anoint option most of the time but it's cheap to get so it's better than nothing.
Made some of the changes suggested. Getting better, still got a ways to go though. Boss damage has went up quite a bit. And my new gloves have made orb of storms melt up to like t15 map packs. Had to drop arctic armor temporarily as moving my buff setup to helm with the hypothermia support on it put me at 100% reserved. Once i get that guy replaced and get a Additional Orb enchant i should be in business.

Thanks again for all your help, excited to keep pushing this build and see how far I can take it. Really need to start focusing on bumping my the life on some of my times with the exalts i get farming.
i made a storm burst trickster, its different to this build but i don't want to make a build guide so i'll just drop in the PoB here. the burst damage is pretty fuckin radical and this version is pretty tanky - though not as tanky as what im playing.

it can scale pretty high with crazy currency (double hatred watcher's eye type of money)

https://pastebin.com/GWDczCP8

some notes: one of the jewels is to simulate what PoB does not calculate. the added block chance via Glancing Blows Lethal Pride/Kilova timeless jewel, as well as the more dmg from skitterbot shock and more dmg from skitterbot chill+bonechill and missing stats from cluster jewels (50% infusion effect/crit multi if channeling more than 1 second).

some quick notes.
with inc duration lvl 21/20 or 20/23 plus anointing skill effect duration you get 2.4 second duration.
this means to get your average DPS (if you charge to max balls then let go every time over and over, which is the most dmg you can do) you just take the DPS in PoB and times it by 6. its a quicker way than doing all the math.

so this build has about 15m shaper dps
75/50 block (take 50% dmg from blocked hits)
7k+ ehp
everything blind + frozen/shatter
perma end charges
max lvl CWDT with immortal call (and 3 end charges) making you extremely tanky

ya, if you're not facing off vs boss then swap taste of hate for quicksilver. super sweet setup.

i stopped playing the build though, i just wasn't the biggest fan of storm burst. it is a fun skill but i wasn't playing it since league start so it just took to much to get used to it. i might league start this next league that way i'll be accustomed to it

if i played it full time i'd probably swap conc effect with inc aoe for mapping, but i wouldn't want to swap gems if i didn't need to. hate swapping gems.
Last edited by xMustard on Apr 17, 2020, 11:10:27 PM
I played this build pretty much as advertised to 91 and enjoyed it, but it was too fragile for me at that point so I switched over to a CI HOWA Juggernaut for a while. But the main reason that build is so tanky is largely that it uses 20 ES gain on hit (from Aspect of the Spider and Fenumus boots) and high attack speed to stay alive. This build should generate at least as much ES using the same combination, and it's not expensive to get the gear, so...has anyone tried it? Am I missing something?
i just started playing the game (second character im level 74 now and i have issues surviving in maps tier 4 and 3, in addition my storm burst does 15k damage only, any recomendations ??
"
TheNukes wrote:
I played this build pretty much as advertised to 91 and enjoyed it, but it was too fragile for me at that point so I switched over to a CI HOWA Juggernaut for a while. But the main reason that build is so tanky is largely that it uses 20 ES gain on hit (from Aspect of the Spider and Fenumus boots) and high attack speed to stay alive. This build should generate at least as much ES using the same combination, and it's not expensive to get the gear, so...has anyone tried it? Am I missing something?

I haven't tried that combo, should be worth a shot if you have enough ES and chaos res (or go CI here too). The things I use to manage my fragility is bumping chaos res as high as I can, enfeeble curse, Doryani's Lesson, and blind from Disorienting Display or Blind support in Orb of Storms. It's far from perfect, especially in deep Delirium/Simulacrum but it's enough to clear Elderslayers, Shaper and guardians, Elder, and Sirus

"
UnWhelmed wrote:
i just started playing the game (second character im level 74 now and i have issues surviving in maps tier 4 and 3, in addition my storm burst does 15k damage only, any recomendations ??

Couple things: the tooltip damage and PoB damage is a per orb number. So if you channel 10 orbs and hit the enemy with 5 explosions then you're doing 15k * 5 damage. This means "on hit" effects are really good for us (or in corrupted blood's case, really bad) because we hit so frequently.

Second: I can't see your character (set profile to public if you want me to see it) so I'm not able to provide specific advise. That said things to bump survivability:
1) Get more life/ES on gear - basic but necessary
2) Cold Damage leech on amulet
3) Stoic Focus, Enduring Focus, Vital Focus, Doryani's Lesson, Disorienting Display notables on cluster jewels
4) bump chaos res, get poison immunity either from Soul of Shakari or the Anti-Venom cluster notable
5) Get Corrupted blood immunity on a jewel, even if that's the only thing you can use on the jewel it's worth it.
6) Try different defensive setups to find what works for you. I like Cast when damage taken + Tempest Shield + Immortal Call but there's a bunch of other options.
7) This isn't a stand and burn build (except during Blight encounters), you'll need to dodge, when you Flame Dash/Shield Charge you'll pop all your orbs for a burst of damage. This is sort of the ideal way to maximize Storm Burst damage with a nice side benefit of staying out of harm's way.

I'm still playing around with cluster jewel setups so I don't have anything super solid yet but the above should serve pretty well.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Apr 20, 2020, 11:55:23 AM
I made it public now, Thanks for the help by the way
"
UnWhelmed wrote:
I made it public now, Thanks for the help by the way

Ok so more specific advise:
1) Lightning damage leeched as life on your amulet. I cannot stress how much better sustain is with this small tweak.
1a) If/When you get a pair of Call of the Brotherhoods change this to cold damage leeched as life.

2) You want Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Tempest Shield to all be relatively low level. This means CWDT will proc more frequently. The values I'm using are CWDT level 1, Immortal Call level 3, and Tempest Shield level 7

3) Drop Bated Breath for a Stygian Vise with a bunch of life on it. Slot in a jewel with life and ideally Minions have x% to taunt enemies on hit. This will allow the purity heralds to tank hits for you.
3a) Swap Flesh and Stone for Herald of Purity. The blind is nice but you should probably be getting that from Orb of Storms or Disorienting Display on a cluster jewel.

4) If you're planning on going for the Acrobatics and phase acrobatics keystones then don't focus too hard on ES on gear. It's useful on the helmet for escape artist but gloves/boots should be evasion focused.

5) Get more life on gear. Pick a slot (probably not ring) and just search for life and whatever resists you need.

6) If possible grab a rumi's concoction flask and/or a taste of hate and sin's rebirth. Rumi's boosts block chance, while sin's rebirth solves ignites and gives you a smoke cloud. Taste of hate is a nice survivability bump if your cold res is capped (which it should be).

7) at some point you'll want to grab call of the brotherhood rings. I know herald/aura stacking has basically jacked up the price of them this league but most leagues they're about 20c a piece. The cold convert is a huge survivability bump as frozen enemies can't hit you. If you can't then drop the physical to lightning support and see if a pair of Hrimburn gloves work for you. They'll give you some support for freeze and chill to start until you can get the COTB rings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info