[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

In the build section it says the AoE from carcass jack spreads the balls out more but under its mechanics it states it does not so which is it? Sorry if it was mentioned, I only read half of the comments.
checking the POE wiki it looks like this is the official word on Storm Burst AOE:
Question: "Thanks for the info, do modifiers to AoE affect the spread of the orbs on the ground as they jump around?"
Answer:
"It doesn't, so increasing area of effect is pretty good for making sure you always hit your intended target as the orbs jump around randomly."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ay564f/synthesis_gem_information/ehypntr/?context=8&depth=9

So yeah increased AOE is actually really nice. I'll update accordingly. Thanks for making me check! Based on other posts and data in the comments ~30% increased AOE gets you pretty close to maximum overlap of orbs so shoot for that and don't worry too much about going over.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Jan 15, 2020, 10:13:47 PM
Managed to kill Sirus at Awakener level 0. Died once due to not knowing the fight. Really happy with this one.
Any way to sustain ES? I cannot fight metamorph or t16 bosses straightly, that's so sad
You can anoint Light Eater on your amulet for 0.8% ES leech and replace a link on Orb of Storms with ES Leech.
Yep, I did that, replaced Arcane Surge on my Orb of Storms Link with Energy Leech.
Since I got 10% chance for Arcane Surge on my weapon anyway.

But I still die too often.
I basically play "closely-looking at my healthbar-above-my-head" simulator in red maps... it's just not fun. It's too tense. I don't want autopilot builds and I also love the whole feeling of the build (until around tier 5 maps maybe), running around, spamming orb of storms and then machine-gunning bigger targets down with insane Storm Burst damage. But being constantly on the lookout, always looking at the stupid healthbar, not even looking at mobs etc.. tiring. You stop, open a door and something instas you because in the next room there were 30 of those "shooting" mobs that just rekt you and bam, 10% XP lost again.. then you get unlucky once with a metamorph, next death... dying a few times / evening is just too much for me.
I think I could invest and min-max to get a more relaxed situation but it would basically be the same, only a few tiers higher then.
Also, there are maybe a few too much map modifiers that can screw you over. It's not "elemental reflection", I skip, there are other nasty mods that make maps way harder than they should be.

(currently 5200 life, 1400 ES, tier 10-12 maps)

Don't get me wrong, awesome build, fun playstyle. :) I think it is more this league with its metamorphs and boss buffs in general, than the build itself.

No worries, took a quick look at your gear and there's some upgrades you could make to help survivability but if you're not having fun, I'd say move on.

With Escape Artist you really want high Evasion on your chest piece. You're running an ES base so you're losing out on a lot of evasion chance there. You can find decent 6L Evasion/ES hybrid chests for 2-3Ex

A second Call of the Brotherhood and swapping out your amulet for a Cold Leech one would give you a bit more damage and more life leech per instance. Anointing anything on there (Prodigal Perfection, Crackling Speed, Light Eater, etc) would further help damage and/or survivability.

The Oskarms aren't doing you much good, I'm not seeing any chaos res on your gear so any monster with Chaos damage is going to absolutely wreck you at -71% chaos res.

All that said if you'd rather spend your currency on another build you'll have more fun with I say go for it!
Hey there, I need help. My character sucks can somebody fix it? I have a similar setup. I tried to follow this guide but I can't do any better than T12,13 maps. Can't tank anything and does not deal enough damage on single darget. I can't really kill anything that has elemental/chaos resist. What can I do against ele/chaos resist mobs?

Any suggestions how to improve (also tree-wise)?

"The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed." ~ Orwell, 1984
Ok a few things jump out straight away:
1st: You have no life leech. This makes sustain incredibly difficult. Get an Incursion amulet with cold damage leeched as life. Do this before anything else I suggest.

2nd: damage issues can be helped by dropping Oskarm. You don't have any additional curses so you're only swapping between Elemental Weakness and Assassin's Mark as Orb of Storms and Storm Burst hit targets. Next upgrade would beeither a helm with a Storm Burst Damage enchant, or Chance to create and additional orb enchant. Then work on getting a 6L carcass jack, or pretty much any 6L. Even a Shroud of the lightless would be more helpful than a 5L Carcass since the elemental penetration would make elemental resist mods less obnoxious.

For your flasks, drop the Rotgut and pick up an Atziri's Promise. Drop the Mana Flask for a Taste of Hate.

on your gem links
Drop Wrath for Hatred, I explain why earlier in the thread. Ice Golem and Precision aren't doing you much good, they're helping damage a little with crit chance but would you could bolster your defense with something like Flesh and Stone or Arctic Armour. Pick up an L3+ enlighten gem and add herald of Purity for defense or Herald of Ice for damage and drop herald of ash.

Wave of conviction shouldn't be on a high level cast when damage taken setup since it'll only trigger when you receive critical damage, instead of constantly which will hurt your DPS especially against resistant enemies.
I updated the guide with kill videos of all the Elderslayers and the Awakener. I'll be making an update to the text to match what's worked for me soon, specifically the gear and gem link sections.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info