[3.12] Durimon's Ball Lightning Miner "REVIVED", 6 ex, even FASTER than pre-nerf (Updated)

Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot use Herald of Ash and Discipline with Blood Magic and Enlighten? My Enlighten is level 2, but both auras are still reserving the full amounts in life and seem to ignore the what the hover-help says it reserves for mana.

Thanks for any help.
"
chodenode wrote:
Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot use Herald of Ash and Discipline with Blood Magic and Enlighten? My Enlighten is level 2, but both auras are still reserving the full amounts in life and seem to ignore the what the hover-help says it reserves for mana.

Thanks for any help.

Enlighten has to be lvl 3. unless i am missing something else on your build as i just skimmed it over. i have the gems at the same level only difference for me is my enlighten is lvl 3 and all is well.
"
"
chodenode wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Enlighten has to be lvl 3. unless i am missing something else on your build as i just skimmed it over. i have the gems at the same level only difference for me is my enlighten is lvl 3 and all is well.

Thanks for the response. That makes sense, it's just the guide didn't say (at least as far as I saw) that it needed to be 3. That's the answer though so I will try to work with it.
"
CowKiller wrote:
I've upgraded my gear and also the tree and can steam roll anything.
The only issue I have are one-shots as with 7.6k ES it's still quite common to be shredded to pieces usually off-screen, but that's the disadvantage of mines.

With better jewels I believe that 9k ES is possible, but that's another 30ex investment. Also I use Thread of Hope - very large circle to get one more jewel slot.

The strategy on bosses is to throw brand, pop flasks, throw mines and activate vaal fire + grace => profit.

Elemental focus instead of Added lighting gem.

After all nice build after some decent investment.

I went for the pure lightning version, it's not even maxed out but it can easily do all content,and gearing it was much cheaper. I think my total cost of gear is about the same as the cost of your bottled faith.
I even did 3 uber elder runs, died a couple of times, but mostly because I don't know the mechanics as well as a shaper fight for instance,did uber atziri deathless,sirus 8 deathless,etc,etc... and reached about 400 in delve,then got bored and stopped.

Btw why not use defense modifiers on your amulet? You could get some extra ES out of it.

I enjoyed the fire conversion variant of the build, but to me it does not seem endgame viable, not unless you throw some ex at it. The lightning variant while might not be as satisfying at times,or as safe(exploding porkupines come to mind), it's much cheaper to gear and damage wise it can reach a higher potential.
Last edited by Nosferat on Feb 6, 2020, 10:45:11 AM
Excellent build! My least favorite part of the game is Act4. After 60 or so times dreading it, I finally went thru like a hot knife thru butter with your build. I never thought Sabateur would be so much fun! Looking forward to end game! Thanx!
Hello, thanks for the build. i'm new to the game and just kinda try this build and i'm very happy with it.

i'm following the levelling guide and still on icicle mine, the enemy just melt very fast. things started getting bit hard on act 5. i killed enemy fast, but if i'm not careful i get one-shotted too. my HP was around 1.2k iirc.

any tips on when should i start switching to ball lightning? i'm still looking for a 6L chest too.
Was pretty smooth to go for 40/40 on this build and did pretty costy investment to improve my gear.

What are your thoughts on the fastest mine setup to level with? We are heaving 1) stormblast 2) iceicle 3) arc mines 4) ball lightning mines. I tried ball lightning minefield setup with 38 and it works pretty well. Though all the mines seem to work pretty well :D
Hi I have almost identical gear but with a 5 link and identical passives and the same jewels. But I in no way can 1 shot any metamorphs the damage is very low compared to what you show. Has this entire build been nerfed or is there something you dont tell in the guide.
Hi I'm following this build so far, though I'm curious about the pure lighting version.
What would be the pro and con for it?
Any POB link?

"
Nosferat wrote:
"
CowKiller wrote:
I've upgraded my gear and also the tree and can steam roll anything.
The only issue I have are one-shots as with 7.6k ES it's still quite common to be shredded to pieces usually off-screen, but that's the disadvantage of mines.

With better jewels I believe that 9k ES is possible, but that's another 30ex investment. Also I use Thread of Hope - very large circle to get one more jewel slot.

The strategy on bosses is to throw brand, pop flasks, throw mines and activate vaal fire + grace => profit.

Elemental focus instead of Added lighting gem.

After all nice build after some decent investment.

I went for the pure lightning version, it's not even maxed out but it can easily do all content,and gearing it was much cheaper. I think my total cost of gear is about the same as the cost of your bottled faith.
I even did 3 uber elder runs, died a couple of times, but mostly because I don't know the mechanics as well as a shaper fight for instance,did uber atziri deathless,sirus 8 deathless,etc,etc... and reached about 400 in delve,then got bored and stopped.

Btw why not use defense modifiers on your amulet? You could get some extra ES out of it.

I enjoyed the fire conversion variant of the build, but to me it does not seem endgame viable, not unless you throw some ex at it. The lightning variant while might not be as satisfying at times,or as safe(exploding porkupines come to mind), it's much cheaper to gear and damage wise it can reach a higher potential.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info