Am I the only one who thinks @GGG doesn't care about the console community?

GGG just doesn't care about the console people am I only one who knows this?
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2019, 10:29:14 AM
A lot of people think this, but I don't believe it is actually true. Of course they "care." They want the XBox POE to be a success and it can be a nice source of recurring purchases for them, so they have ever reason to "care."

There is, of course, the problem of porting a PC game to Console. This has long been an issue for most developers and it takes extra work to do. And, having both games play similarly, be balanced in the same way, have the same sorts of gameplay experiences? Not terribly easy.

But, it's also not so difficult that it can't be done, either. It all depends on what resources are being devoted to the effort and every developer has a finite amount of resources and must balance what resources they have based upon the return achieved.

Obviously, GGG is interested in console development of PoE. They ported to PS4 and didn't have to. That shows they value consoles at least enough to devote the resources to doing so.

Our population is a bit smaller, we get a bit less interaction with developers (normally) and there are certainly some necessary hardware/UI compromises that must be made.

Note: People get angry and say things they don't always truly believe or feel... And, such people in such states are quick to make assumptions that don't really have a lot of evidence for them. :)
Previous poster pretty much said what I was thinking. I have zero doubt they care. I am thankful they ported the game to begin with. Looking forward to they day when the game is hopefully fully optimized.
I completly agree that they do care...but they dont care to the PC extent. They arent worried about console only things any.ore..yeah we got an extra 4 skills buttons to use..but the skill layouts are meh at best...why not give us Keyboard and mouse support. That would really help alot of those people who want the pc feel of the game but cant get a 1500 to 2k gaming pc to get the full effect of the game. They do have a console grouo working on the bugs but so many still get through..i just donr think they pay enough attention to console players.
"
Paynimo wrote:
......why not give us Keyboard and mouse support. ..

They can't do that. It's impossible for them to do that. K&M support requires Microsoft to write the API for it and to allow hardware to be accessed by GGG.

Microsoft "announced" last year that they would be implementing K&M support for XBox One due out that year and... nothing. They haven't done it yet and probably won't do it...

I normally game on PC, but I enjoy third-person ARPG games using a controller, so PoE bound to a controller isn't an issue for me. It does take a bit of muscle-memory to get used to and certain things, like using Flasks, can be problematic/difficult. But, it's not an insurmountable problem and plenty of players finish all the content with a basic XBox One controller.

Edit: (See Below) Correction: K&M support was added by Microsoft in November of last year. But, since I don't think I even played anything on it since then, I had no idea. :) BUT, it's not currently implemented for PoE. It won't likely be implemented, but I guess anything is possible. I prefer a controller experience for ARPG play, even though it can cause some pretty bad issues in PoE.
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 19, 2019, 3:47:09 PM
GGG absolutely cares.

Join the POE Discord community and its not uncommon to see GGG communicating real time to the player base.

Join the POE Discord here: https://discord.gg/Wf24Vwb

They care but they certainly dont care the same way, no public statements about ongoing issues, no attempt to solve trade issues. No apologies from Chris for console issues (has happened numerous times for pc).
If they at least gave console players lockstep it would be a huge step forwards.

"
"
Paynimo wrote:
......why not give us Keyboard and mouse support. ..

They can't do that. It's impossible for them to do that. K&M support requires Microsoft to write the API for it and to allow hardware to be accessed by GGG.

Microsoft "announced" last year that they would be implementing K&M support for XBox One due out that year and... nothing. They haven't done it yet and probably won't do it...

xbox K&M support was added sometime ago its up to each individual developer to implement them , since some console games dont want k&m users having a significant advantage.
They likely did care initially.

But too many huge problems have gone unfixed for too long, and new problems arrive with every patch, so players are giving up on the game. The player count is in freefall; the fewer players there are, the less MTX they sell, the less motivation there is to make the console version at least playable.

I suspect whatever they're doing with 4.0, they are going to utilize it as an excuse to drop console support entirely.
Hey OP,

How many games have you made that run without issue?

Yeah didn't think so mate.

I used to get annoyed when F2P games didn't work properly too but then I realised..... They're free, take what you can get. (MTX isn't a game cost it is a choice).
My game is crashing every 15 mins... I hope they care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info