[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

Does anyone know of any reason why i wouldnt be taking damage from Scolds when i cast my spells. i dont seem to be taking any damage from it. mana cost is 142, not proccing my CWDT and i dont see my health go down when i cast.
"
Laeuft wrote:

Bought mine for 1 ex and linked it for like 1.5 ex. I like it.

I just dropped 1.2k fuses on mine to no avail. :(

Also, replace empower 3 with Intensify. Or anythign really. Empower only gives 40% more damage at level 4 WITH +2 Supports craft.
The shitty AI is deff noticeable while doing chimera. Becareful :/. Also seems like you have to cast new VD close to the mobs during chimera mob phases for you to do damage. Not Looking forward to uber elder with that bug.
I'm thinking about respecing my SRS into this after I get the core gear, how does it fare in the endgame so far? I love these ridiculous VD builds
"
DJLexx wrote:
Does anyone know of any reason why i wouldnt be taking damage from Scolds when i cast my spells. i dont seem to be taking any damage from it. mana cost is 142, not proccing my CWDT and i dont see my health go down when i cast.

You have Eldritch Battery, so since you don't spend mana for your spells your scold doesn't damage you.
Uber elder was a cake walk at lvl 86 with budget stuff. The dmg is insane. This will be my min/max build for the league. The build is fun. Thank you.
Last edited by Ranchhods on Sep 11, 2019, 10:52:08 PM
interesting build

do you think this would be smoother with a CwC set up
something like incinerate CwC VD or maybe even Cyclone for the mobility
that way you dont have to bother with casting desecrate every now and then
Last edited by Doyzord on Sep 12, 2019, 2:50:31 AM
"
Ranchhods wrote:
Uber elder was a cake walk at lvl 86 with budget stuff. The dmg is insane. This will be my min/max build for the league. The build is fun. Thank you.

If nothing else, this build is definitely very fun to play, glad you're enjoying it.

"
Doyzord wrote:
interesting build

do you think this would be smoother with a CwC set up
something like incinerate CwC VD or maybe even Cyclone for the mobility
that way you dont have to bother with casting desecrate every now and then

I think it's definitely something that you can do. Damage would be less though and figuring out the mana to be high enough to proc CWDT gets harder with cyclone. Doedre's Malevolence+Fevered minds is a good way to accomplish this though.
wouldn't the cost just automatically ramp up with corpse pact giving the massive attack/cast speed boost, the channeling cost will stay the same but the rate of mana consumed will go up massively
"
Doyzord wrote:
wouldn't the cost just automatically ramp up with corpse pact giving the massive attack/cast speed boost, the channeling cost will stay the same but the rate of mana consumed will go up massively

You have to have corpses to consume to get the bonuses, so you need to have high enough cost to start the process.

I was talking to someone pretty extensively in game about this exact subject actually. He broke his build after taking corpse pact (TOO much mana consumption, couldn't sustain at all). Now he's stacking several fevered minds and using coward's legacy for vulnerability on himself....

Not exactly the route I suggest for surviving, but it works for him. :P
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 12, 2019, 3:23:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info