[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Brinstead wrote:
Disable lockstep. The extra communication overhead is what's causing the server lag issues.

back to the days of the /oos macro on a timer :D

Is this a known issue with a dev post somewhere to confirm? Maybe something they should look into?
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
I ran an ignite/incinerate/firestorm cwdt build two leagues ago and kept crashing out until I disabled it. Guessing the server only allows a client to queue up so many actions in lockstep.
Do you have an idea why im casting 4-9 fireballs really inconsistantly?
i've tried all different mana costs and the best i managed was 9 balls then 6 on the second cast then back to 9 and so on. Is there a way to only cast 9?

spent 3ex fuse and still not linked :(
"
TeeRoH wrote:
Do you have an idea why im casting 4-9 fireballs really inconsistantly?
i've tried all different mana costs and the best i managed was 9 balls then 6 on the second cast then back to 9 and so on. Is there a way to only cast 9?

Spell cascade aoe circles are a little wonky. Simple put, when you only get 6, one of the circles "missed" corpses. Intensify support helps a little bit by bringing the circles closer together. Also clicking on your feet will net the best results.

"
commonjunks wrote:

spent 3ex fuse and still not linked :(

I feel your pain =(
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 11, 2019, 3:52:35 PM
Tried again casting at my feet and i seem to pretty much always get 6-7 balls, i can't figure it out
"
TeeRoH wrote:
Tried again casting at my feet and i seem to pretty much always get 6-7 balls, i can't figure it out

Here's a visual to illustrate how spell cascade works with VD and desecrate. Yay paint! :D

Desecrate has a max of 10 corpses, and creates 5 per cast. With spell cascade it tries to make 3 circles of 5, but can only make 2 circles because of max corpse count.

The reason you "miss" with VD is because it's targeting area is teh same as desecrate but there is a missing circle from which you will be able to get a ball or two from the unearth corpses (which happen at your feet)

Hope this helps!

How to craft this staff? I have no idea. Currently I don't have enought currency to try fossil crafting or hit 20% chance to deal double damage and then multi-mod.

For the crafted mod, should I just keep it or change to cast speed, or maybe +2 to level of support gems?

How to get both Arcane surge and 20% double damage? Are these two mods super rare?
Last edited by zhenyaowen on Sep 11, 2019, 5:59:39 PM
"
zhenyaowen wrote:

How to craft this staff? I have no idea. Currently I don't have enought currency to try fossil crafting or hit 20% chance to deal double damage and then multi-mod.

For the crafted mod, should I just keep it or change to cast speed, or maybe +2 to level of support gems?

How to get both Arcane surge and 20% double damage? Are these two mods super rare?

They are pretty rare, yes. I personally just bought one that had both. Still good even if the rest of the stats were meh.

Flat fire to spells is very good, +2 supports not much better than it and it costs a couple Ex. Cast speed is nearly useless.

Flat Fire FTW :)

theoretically you can alt spam for both mods as they are a prefix and a suffix. then beast imprint the blue item, regal+annul, then multimod.

Just gotta get that 6L! :)
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 11, 2019, 6:24:07 PM

Bought mine for 1 ex and linked it for like 1.5 ex. I like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info