[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

According to POE Ninja top 3 players with this build all use Quicksilver flask.
It is actually said in the guide :

"
Everyone NOT using The Stampede boots will want a Quicksilver Flask.
"
Killhard wrote:
Hi can you look ath my build i feel to squischy
I think i have prety much good gear
i
But somehow i die to much especially sirius fights

Gear i currently use !

I have alos more attack based staff but less block chance i feel even more squishy tehn tips welcome !

I do continuously say I prefer block based staves over eclipse staves. :P

as for Sirus I think this build probably takes some practice for the fight.

"
Allbroke wrote:
According to POE Ninja top 3 players with this build all use Quicksilver flask.
It is actually said in the guide :

"
Everyone NOT using The Stampede boots will want a Quicksilver Flask.

Quotes the guide to answer a question.

My hero :P

ONTO THE UPDATES!

I have been trying new methods for improving sustainability and survive-ability on this build because losing Spirit Offering was bit of a put off for me. So I thought to try a couple of different methods for great life sustain with the goal of also not losing out on damage. So, if you don't mind holding down 1 extra button while mapping and occasionally pushing a second one, you will probably benefit a lot from trying this:

Warcies! :D

TL:DR version

For those that don't want to read the massive block of text below:

Stack 4x Cry Wolf Medium Cluster jewels. 1x With haunting Shout, 3x with some combination of Provocateur and/or Lead By Example.

Anoint Battle Cry for instant warcries.

use Rallying Cry and Enduring Cry for massive damage, mana sustain, and life regen boosts.

Rallying Cry lasts some 21-25 seconds and grants about 267% increased damage and 45-ish mana regen per second. Otherwise hold down button for enduring cry. Use Threshold jewel(s) for easy mana sustain.

Enduring Cry (linked to second wind and increased duration) lasts longer than its cooldown for permanent 1.2k+ Life Regen.

Huzzah!

Okay, so by now I'm assuming people know how Cry Wolf stacking works, but for those who don't:

For each additional allocated Cry Wolf noteable we gain that 10 nearby enemies and a bunch of duration and buff effect.

So having 4 medium cluster jewels with this gives us 40 nearby enemies at all times and 180% Increased Buff Effect (30% from Cry Wolf, 15% from small node)

Additionally we will anoint Battle Cry for instant Warcries so that we can cry while we spin. This node also gives 20% buff effect.

I have 215% increased buff over 4 jewels total.
Rallying Cry
Currently with a level 21 Rallying Cry you will gain 18% increased damage per 10 nearby enemies with 17% increased damage as a base.

40 nearby enemies means we get 17 + 18(4) = 89% increased damage. This gets further amplified by our 200%+ buff effect for a total of 267% increased damage.

Woooaaah.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

The ever elusive "%Damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds when hit"

Since we're using rallying cry for a damage boost and 45-ish flat mana regen ANYWAYS, we might as well use 1-2 of these bad boys depending on how much you can fit onto jewelry/watcher's eye. Definitely an excellent place to get useful corruptions as well.

Mana=Solved

Enduring

And here's where the recovery comes in. We want to link Enduring Cry (and Rallying Cry for that matter, but less important to do so) to Increased Duration and Second Wind*

One of the 4 jewels will want to be this one:

This gives us a socket by not needing Blade Blast for Unnerve but also gives 20% CDR for Warcries. Battle Cry Anoint also gives 10% CDR, and Second Wind grants up to 30% CDR. With all of these things together it is possible for Enduring Cry duration to be longer than its cooldown resulting in a consistent life regeneration base of 414 life per second.

Oh yeah and boosted by 200%+ buff Effect. So 1242 life per second. :D

Between that, Consecrated Ground, and Disciple of Kitava we can more than easily maintain life recovery through Scold's, even outside of combat.

Toss in a little life leech and bada bing. You have achieved excellent life sustain. For ES, the typical ES on hit and/or ES leech setup is still ideal.

*Helm Enchant for Enduring Cry Cooldown Recovery speed can save a socket here

Whew war cry looking spicy. Well done gryph.
"
Mistwalker wrote:
Whew war cry looking spicy. Well done gryph.

Thanks! I uploaded a quick video showcase too (also linked in the main guide but I'll put it here as well)

https://youtu.be/Zl5BpGCByfA

I'm missing quite a lot of damage here but I didn't really have the budget to fully invest into the build. I mostly wanted to get this out there now that i had a chance to test it on this build so others can emulate it.
Just made this

What is the real benefit of having 10% chance to gain power charge?
We get this from assasins mark anyway.

Last edited by Aze_Aze on Apr 20, 2020, 5:41:09 AM
I have to say since i get offering chest and go back to marthyr staff for more block chance I did 6 simulactrum deathless !
i'm ath 75 /57 blockchance now !
my ing is killwitches
Also have no issue with Simulacrum, though i died twice at Dual bosses wave 20 (didn't paid enough attention). Pretty happy with the current status. Looking forward to buy a bottled flask.

Btw. how are you guys regarding life/es levels? Currently i have 4.4k life and 3.8K ES.
Last edited by joint77 on Apr 20, 2020, 6:18:47 AM
I'm sitting at 4023 life 4269 ES
I added in some life regen per sec for the out of combat regen.
For example on a Sirius 8 fight I don't use life flask anymore, just auto regen life between phases.

Swapped the Cinderswallow crit during flask effect for 3% life regen during flask effect, I rarely see my life go down.

This build is just perfect for this league, once you get all the pricey items, in 20 waves Simulacrum I don't even see the bosses that's how fast they die ...

Simulacrum splinter farm is a joke with this build, around 70 to 125 splinters per Tropical Island :D (without prophecies).
Last edited by Allbroke on Apr 20, 2020, 7:01:33 AM
What do you think about this sceptre, not related to this build ofc:

I don't have any clue if it's worth something more.
@Gryph

Do you think it's possible to adapt this build to include the Heraldry non-sense that the kids play lately ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info