[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

This is a GREAT league starter and does fantastic all the way through the game.

If you can find a 5l (they're like 1 chaos or less on poe.trade - http://poe.trade/search/ihukasizitimeb) you can start with Cast while Channeling, Volatile Dead, Desecrate, Spell Cascade, and Cyclone all in your weapon or body slot (requires level 38) and have a smooth run to mapping.

Once you get to 65, you can buy a Scolds for another chaos or two and transition into this build properly.

Volatile Dead + Necromancer is taking 2 individually strong things and combining them into a super build right now.

If you never move beyond a Tabula, this build is more than capable of running Red Maps.

If you dump a few dozen exa into the build, it will keep scaling on both offense and defense.

I also think it's a lot of fun because this build isn't exactly meta and we're all still figuring things out about it daily. If you pick it up now, most of the groundwork has already been done, but there's still plenty to discover, both as a community and for you as an individual player.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Sep 17, 2019, 2:26:11 PM
"
Mathue24 wrote:
Hey, planning on starting this league a bit late, do you think this could be a good league starter? Planned on a minion build but they will probably be alot more expensive. Any advise?

You can level as this build with self cast Desecrate + VD all the way through until you get to Scold's. Or level as a generic summoner, but that's boring to me :P

Tabula, Martyr of Innocence, and Soul Tether are all cheap uniques that are very powerful for the build. (Make sure you have leech for Soul Tether)

For leveling you can use the vendor recipe flat added fire damage to spells on a pair of wands.

Magic Wand
Orb of Alteration
Ruby Ring (Rarity of ring boosts the resulting roll)

ALSO THE GUIDE HAS BEEN UPDATED! :D
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 17, 2019, 3:01:25 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Mathue24 wrote:
Hey, planning on starting this league a bit late, do you think this could be a good league starter? Planned on a minion build but they will probably be alot more expensive. Any advise?

You can level as this build with self cast Desecrate + VD all the way through until you get to Scold's. Or level as a generic summoner, but that's boring to me :P

Tabula, Martyr of Innocence, and Soul Tether are all cheap uniques that are very powerful for the build. (Make sure you have leech for Soul Tether)

For leveling you can use the vendor recipe flat added fire damage to spells on a pair of wands.

Magic Wand
Orb of Alteration

Oooh hell yeah this build is looking real fresh!

One more question before I start, out of the three possible variations which one would you recommend for a league starter? You say that the first one is a good league started option but then you say that the second one is your recommended go-to option. Would It be difficult to league-start with the second option?
"
Mathue24 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Mathue24 wrote:

Magic Wand
Orb of Alteration

Oooh hell yeah this build is looking real fresh!

One more question before I start, out of the three possible variations which one would you recommend for a league starter? You say that the first one is a good league started option but then you say that the second one is your recommended go-to option. Would It be difficult to league-start with the second option?

I think option 2 is league start viable. But you might feel negative effects of not having much chaos res with a higher ES lower Life Health Pool.

If you try it, let me know how it goes.
So lets say we have a ton of money to throw at this from the ground up.

In your recommendation, what would be the better aura to synergize an Aul's Uprising and Watcher's Eye around: Anger, or Zealotry?
"
CrowMagnum wrote:
So lets say we have a ton of money to throw at this from the ground up.

In your recommendation, what would be the better aura to synergize an Aul's Uprising and Watcher's Eye around: Anger, or Zealotry?

Zealotry Aul's

and ES on Hit Discipline + Whichever damage mods you can get with it.

Get Fire leech corruption on helmet or Aul's at that point.
"It's because you're not. You need to level up your curse more for it to work as it is currently trying to trigger off of CWDT and COH simultaneously causing it to not trigger at all. kill some mobs, level it up, you'll be cursing poor defenseless monsters in no time. :)

As for VD balls, you might need better regen. You can bottleneck your cast speed by not having enough mana regen. I find that 12% Damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds is enough to sustain well. I have 6% craft on my rings with 163 unreserved mana and 162 mana cost."

I didn't had time to play much yesterday and was kinda frustrated with all that fusing action, but I didn't liked the feel with the new staff. SO made me think that it is mana regen or Im not doing enough damage to myself. My mana cost is 141 with the 7 link. I tested with 16% damage taken gained as mana and it still feels the same. I tried with 6 link, and tempered mind and the good feeling (the continuous cast cycle) it's there again. Honestly, I'm lost.

THanks for the help mate
For leveling, I went with the "meta" orb of storms setup. You can do the same tree, with just some extra points that are easily respeced with the regret point you get in quests. Rush Dark Arts and Elemental Overload. You can pick Lightning walker instead of flame walker. Go to templar area and grab everything that this build sugest there. After that just grag the points needed for this build. You have enough damage to progress through acts. I changed to VD when I could equip Martyr, but in my honest opinion, was a bad move. It way slower then OoS. If I would do it again, I would just change when I could equip Scold's and start the easy VD life.
Just my 2 cents :)
If u have a slot to spare i suggest adding in unearth cwdt cold snap or purifying flame. I started with PF for Consacrate Ground and got permanent 6% HP per second.

Then i sub PF for Cold Snap when i farmed Glove enchant - of light, for free Frenzy Charges. If u dont have Chest that give you Frenzy Charges is a good and easy way to generate (just need a closer enemy and u have 3 charges). I have a Chest with lvl.1 Arcane Surge (7 link) and dont have enough currency for 7Link staff yet so for now this is working pretty cool.

I tried Frost Wall but when my Quartz Flask as not up i as stuck a lot of times and my VB get stuck lot of times and decrease my DPS by a lot. Maybe cool for Elder but for rest not work great

I like a lot Phase Run but adding that to any setup will give up on Frenzy Charges so i think is not that great adding to the build at least in Cwdt setup.

For flask's beside Quicksilver (that give Freeze immunity) Quartz (Curse Immunity), Cinder and Wise Oak (atm with 117% in all resistence working great) what is your suggestion for last flask? Atm using Atziri's. I dont really need another blues flask since i got a corrupted blood jewel (anatomical knowledge, not the best but give me 150 life so for now is ok)
Last edited by ElBonecoIntuMadre on Sep 18, 2019, 10:03:01 AM
"
mrpilhas wrote:
"It's because you're not. You need to level up your curse more for it to work as it is currently trying to trigger off of CWDT and COH simultaneously causing it to not trigger at all. kill some mobs, level it up, you'll be

I didn't had time to play much yesterday and was kinda frustrated with all that fusing action, but I didn't liked the feel with the new staff. SO made me think that it is mana regen or Im not doing enough damage to myself. My mana cost is 141 with the 7 link. I tested with 16% damage taken gained as mana and it still feels the same. I tried with 6 link, and tempered mind and the good feeling (the continuous cast cycle) it's there again. Honestly, I'm lost.

THanks for the help mate

It's the mana cost then. You've got some phys mitigation keeping you off the breakpoint. At 141 mana cost your VD is level 20 I believe? Try getting a level 21 (quality really doesn't matter here) this should boost your mana cost enough to hit 528 damage after your mitigation.

"
If u have a slot to spare i suggest adding in unearth cwdt cold snap or purifying flame. I started with PF for Consacrate Ground and got permanent 6% HP per second.

Then i sub PF for Cold Snap when i farmed Glove enchant - of light, for free Frenzy Charges. If u dont have Chest that give you Frenzy Charges is a good and easy way to generate (just need a closer enemy and u have 3 charges). I have a Chest with lvl.1 Arcane Surge (7 link) and dont have enough currency for 7Link staff yet so for now this is working pretty cool.

I tried Frost Wall but when my Quartz Flask as not up i as stuck a lot of times and my VB get stuck lot of times and decrease my DPS by a lot. Maybe cool for Elder but for rest not work great

I like a lot Phase Run but adding that to any setup will give up on Frenzy Charges so i think is not that great adding to the build at least in Cwdt setup.

For flask's beside Quicksilver (that give Freeze immunity) Quartz (Curse Immunity), Cinder and Wise Oak (atm with 117% in all resistence working great) what is your suggestion for last flask? Atm using Atziri's. I dont really need another blues flask since i got a corrupted blood jewel (anatomical knowledge, not the best but give me 150 life so for now is ok)

Cold snap on cast is nifty. I hadn't thought of that one for this build. I did purifying flame for a while but dropped it.

As for frost wall, VDs pass right through them. I'd have found that incredibly annoying if they didn't. I also removed it for long bosses like shaper and elder because of mobility.

Phase run was never on cwdt for me. That seems pointless Haha.

For last flask, Atziri's is fine, I would swap your quicksilver with freeze immunity for one with extra movespeed and then grab a sulphur or stibnite for freeze immunity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info