[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

How does this build compare to the cookie cutter Spectre summoner? I'm curious to try it, but I started the league as a summoner so I'm not sure what to expect if I make the switch.

My primary goal is getting through maps, making my first attempt at Uber Elder (just did Shaper for the first time last league) and hopefully being tanky enough to survive mistakes.
this build too hard for me, i dont even think i able make it in any Labs. I quit it lol... while dual poet pen feel better but alr sold those gear. Going to sell my stuff and gonna start cycle slomo magma orb.
What do you do for bandits?
"
dyuwntlr wrote:
Annoying, can I check the configuration below?

The 6-link item has 2 parts.

weapon (6link): CWDT-WOC-COH-Flammability-(5th) Combustion-(6th) Ball Lightning
chest (6link): How should I configure Volatile Dead?

Is the configuration below correct?

Boots: Herald of Ash-Flesh and Stone-Anger-Clarity
Helmet: CWDT-Spell Cascade-Desecrate-Spirit Offering
Gloves: CWDT-Unearth-GMP-Frostwall

If you have 5L or 6l Cwdt with combustion,

VD - Spell Cascade - conc effect - intensify - controlled destruction - arcane surge

If no 5l, swap controlled destruction for combustion

If you are using an arcane surge staff and have a 5L cwdt, add ele focus

Never use ele focus and combustion together on VD.

Frost wall is optional, I dropped it for socket space. But if you dont have 2 6L and use phase run or quartz folks, it is quite nice defensively to block annoying projectiles.

Discipline is better than flesh and stone but requires you have some other source of mana reservation. IE: Enlighten. I suggest level 3 as I barely get by with a level 2 and it took a little finagling.

You can drop clarity for enlighten.

Anger - Herald - Discipline- enlighten

Will edit to respond to others soon.
Kill all bandits.

And after 2.8k fusings I got it. Had to sacrifice my leveling items to a new player to get some fuse karma tho xD

It seems I get less volatile balls now...or it casts slower then previously. or maybe it's just my impression. I had a few days off.
Another thing, I don't think I'm cursing enemies at all.
Last edited by mrpilhas on Sep 17, 2019, 11:29:40 AM
Was reading through your OP.

There is a more slot-efficient way to get corpses to begin with - just cast Flame Dash.

It's a bit more cumbersome to use, but it saves a whole gem slot and allows much cheaper/better ring options in general.
"
JermStudDog wrote:

There is a more slot-efficient way to get corpses to begin with - just cast Flame Dash.

It's a bit more cumbersome to use, but it saves a whole gem slot and allows much cheaper/better ring options in general.

Not op, but once you get your 7 link and drop fevered mind, it gets harder to proc it with flame dash.
I'm aware, but if it gives you a better ring, it's an option.

The cost is that you derp around for 5 seconds at the start of a map, but once you're rolling, you have a better ring and a better character than you would otherwise.
"
JonathanPDX wrote:
How does this build compare to the cookie cutter Spectre summoner? I'm curious to try it, but I started the league as a summoner so I'm not sure what to expect if I make the switch.

My primary goal is getting through maps, making my first attempt at Uber Elder (just did Shaper for the first time last league) and hopefully being tanky enough to survive mistakes.

I made this because I hate summoners. :D

You will fly through low-mid tier maps with budget gear. Soul Tether+source of Fire Leech is insane for extra defense as spirit offering still recovers ES.

It can be a little difficult to wrap your head around all the mechanics that make it tick. But when you've got it working it is fun as hell. I am more than happy to help iron out the details if you are having difficulty.

"
JermStudDog wrote:

It takes a few dashes to trigger it. It's easier to just cast desecrate. I can appreciate the thought process though.

EDIT: In reference to the post you just made, you will notice that I am often self casting desecrate while mapping between packs or when my CWDT procs from monsters hitting me and desecrate+Unearth target far away. It's very smooth while you're clearing because of all the cast speed bonuses.

"
mrpilhas wrote:

And after 2.8k fusings I got it. Had to sacrifice my leveling items to a new player to get some fuse karma tho xD

It seems I get less volatile balls now...or it casts slower then previously. or maybe it's just my impression. I had a few days off.
Another thing, I don't think I'm cursing enemies at all.

It's because you're not. You need to level up your curse more for it to work as it is currently trying to trigger off of CWDT and COH simultaneously causing it to not trigger at all. kill some mobs, level it up, you'll be cursing poor defenseless monsters in no time. :)

As for VD balls, you might need better regen. You can bottleneck your cast speed by not having enough mana regen. I find that 12% Damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds is enough to sustain well. I have 6% craft on my rings with 163 unreserved mana and 162 mana cost.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 17, 2019, 1:11:39 PM
Hey, planning on starting this league a bit late, do you think this could be a good league starter? Planned on a minion build but they will probably be alot more expensive. Any advise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info